Soulver - the notepad calculator
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Soulver is the ultimate app for doing quick calculations and figuring stuff out on the iPhone & iPad. It's a far more elegant way to work with numbers than a traditional calculator.
With Soulver, you write out your entire problem and you see your answer as you type. If you make a mistake, you don't have to start again, you can edit your expression like in a text editor.
You can do calculations over multiple lines, and change any of them. You can use words alongside your numbers so they make sense which it's great for comparing different scenarios.
Soulver is great for adding things up, and doing quick percentages. Soulver will also save your work for you when you're done, and sync it using iCloud or Dropbox.
Once you try Soulver, you'll never want to go back to a simulated physical calculator.
- Instant calculations as you type.
- See & edit multiple lines of calculations, not just the last number typed in.
- Use words alongside your numbers so they make sense.
- See a running total of all your lines.
- A keyboard with big buttons, designed for quick math.
- Do currency & other unit conversions.
- Easy percentages like $49.95-20%, or $55 as a % of $350
- Set up relationships between lines like in a spreadsheet using line references.
- All the standard math functions
- Save your calculations & have them synced with Dropbox or iCloud.
- Send out beautifully formatted HTML emails of your calculations work.
What's New in Version 2.5.3
- iOS 9 ready
- Numerous minor improvements & bug fixes.
My go to calculator, one minor issue
Execution on this app is phenomenal! If you're looking for a great tool to replace the a spreadsheet for small tasks, then look no further. I do have one critique...
**Minor Issue: The Icon**
(This is for the developers; the icon shouldn't discourage anyone from buying this amazing app.)
When I was reading reviews for this app I noticed other complaints about the icon and thought the reviewers were being too nit-picky. However, after having the app for a couple months, and including it on my home screen, I see the problem. When I reach for my phone and need to use this app my brain is looking for a calculator and is trained to look for an icon that looks like a calculator. I always skip over the Soulver app, often swiping around to try to find it until finally my brain catches up and remembers the Soulver icon. This happens even though I use it daily to help my kids with homework and for myself at the office. Sometimes I'll find myself using the iOS calculator without thinking and then I'm like "ach! Why am I using this stupid thing? I have Soulver!"
I'm not saying the icon should be the typical grid of +/-/x/=, but it should be something that looks "calculatoy", or maybe even something like the Soulver interface itself.
Anywho, just my 2¢. Amazing work, love this app.
This has become my go-to app for doing calculations, scratchpad. It works reasonably well, and the crucial thing is that the iCloud saving works well across all my devices: iPhone, iPad, and Mac (using the Soulver for Mac app) - and that's just super convenient and really useful.
Much more useful than normal calculator
Intuitive, flexible, easy to use. Very helpful.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 09, 2015
- Version: 2.5.3
- Size: 8.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Acqualia Software
- © 2015, Acqualia Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.