This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Soulver is a revolutionary calculator replacement app. Its powerful UI lets you do calculations over multiple lines, and use can also use words alongside numbers, so that they make sense.
Soulver is great for back-of-the-envelope calculations, currency conversions while travelling, working out percentages, calculations involving changing variables, and much more.
Soulver supports Dropbox & iCloud syncing, and is also available for macOS.
WHY IS SOULVER BETTER THAN A STANDARD CALCULATOR?
- Instant answers as you type (no need to use equals!).
- Spread your calculations over multiple lines (so your brain doesn't explode).
- Reference previous answers in your current line (kind of like a mini-spreadsheet).
- Annotate numbers with inline labels (you'll thank yourself later when you read them back!).
- Do percentage calculations using natural phrases "15% off $350" (has support for 9 different percentage phrases).
- Supports over 150 currencies (including Bitcoin), and has a specially designed currency keyboard for quick conversions.
- Custom variables across all your documents, and a special keyboard for quick access to them.
- All standard math and programming functions, also available on specially designed keyboards.
What's New in Version 2.6.0
- Support for multitasking features, including Split View & Slide Over.
- Better support for iPads Pros.
- Fixed a bug where keyboard popovers had incorrect rotation in landscape on iPad.
- Fixed a bug with the trig popover not hiding when you lift your finger in portrait on iPad.
- Fixed an issue with the app icon on plus-sized iPhones.
- Moved the return & delete keys to the bottom row on the iPhone number pad for easier access.
- Soulver can now access files in both iCloud & Dropbox (previously you would have to choose a provider), and move files between storage providers.
- Hold down on the new file button (+) to duplicate your current file, or import from other file providers, like Box.
- Drafts are now stored in iCloud or Dropbox. Choose your preference in the settings.
- Move all files between iCloud or Dropbox, using the migration feature the settings.
- Deleted files are stored in a trash and can be recovered.
- Access undo via a new button in the toolbar. Shake-to-undo has been disabled.
- Redesigned currencies settings to be easier to use.
- Use the base currency of your present country automatically.
- Switched to CoinDesk for Bitcoin rates.
- Variables defined in the keyboard can now include % signs.
- Last used keyboard mode (ABC or 123) will be remembered across launches.
- The clear all button has been removed from the delete key popup.
- Brighter syntax colours.
- Fixed percentage operators in Chinese.
- Soulver now requires iOS 9 or later.
A word of caution to users and fix request from developers
Soulver is a great application, but I found one major issue - tapping on the Delete for a second, will bring up a popup to clear the whole line, or Clear All. If pushed by mistake, there is no way to undo!!!
That's a serious flaw! Since it happened to me already a couple of times, and made me lose all calculations, that I had no backup to.
This is especially frustrating, especially after constructing very long formulas. Everything is gone in a blink of an eye!
Suggestions to fix this:
Either adding support to the native shake device to undo, or add a popup window, asking the user, to confirm, they intended to completely clear all calculations!
This issue been existing for the past few versions. Was hoping this would be discovered and fixed, but since it hasn't, I decided to let users and developers know of it.
And that's the reason I gave it 3 stars only, at this point.
Switched delete, enter and arrow keys?
Why? We all got used to it the way it was. Easier access? but they were fine at the top.
Maybe make the keyboard layout customizable so we can choose the placement of the keys. Don't like to divide? delete it, no need for multiplication? get it the heck out of here. Have used the app for years and it's great, just really screwing with my productivity now.
Would rate 5 stars but ya know, this kind of rustled my jimmies. Still an overall great app.
Please bring back the long press option on the delete key for "Clear All". Also, moving the delete and enter keys is completely unnecessary and just screws up your long-time users who already know where the keys are. And the justification of them being easier to reach makes no sense: they were already in the bottom third of the screen, it's not as if they were at the top where you couldn't reach them one-handed. This is a considerably worse app on iPhone because of this update.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 05, 2017
- Version: 2.6.0
- Size: 24.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Acqualia Software
- © 2017, Acqualia Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.