Soulver - the notepad calculator
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Soulver is a revolutionary calculator replacement app. Its powerful UI lets you do calculations over multiple lines, and use can also use words alongside numbers, so that they make sense.
Soulver is great for back-of-the-envelope calculations, currency conversions while travelling, working out percentages, calculations involving changing variables, and much more.
Soulver supports Dropbox & iCloud syncing, and is also available for macOS.
WHY IS SOULVER BETTER THAN A STANDARD CALCULATOR?
- Instant answers as you type (no need to use equals!).
- Spread your calculations over multiple lines (so your brain doesn't explode).
- Reference previous answers in your current line (kind of like a mini-spreadsheet).
- Annotate numbers with inline labels (you'll thank yourself later when you read them back!).
- Do percentage calculations using natural phrases "15% off $350" (has support for 9 different percentage phrases).
- Supports over 150 currencies (including Bitcoin), and has a specially designed currency keyboard for quick conversions.
- Custom variables across all your documents, and a special keyboard for quick access to them.
- All standard math and programming functions, also available on specially designed keyboards.
What's New in Version 2.5.4
- Added a setting to change the font.
- Tapping the purple 'add variable' button now shows the variable editor immediately.
- An "of" is now automatically inserted when tapping a line reference after a "%".
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard could be partially off screen when launched on an iPhone 6 plus sized device in landscape.
- Fixed a crash that happened when holding down on the 'Add variable' button.
- Fixed a jumpy animation when moving variables around, on the variables keyboard.
- Fixed a couple of minor bugs with the currency keyboard.
- Some improvements to Soulver's math engine.
This app is the best calculator. I've been using it for years.
Would be great if it was possible to use it as default from control center.
Would be nice too if they changed for the previous icon. This one is ugly and look like anything but an calculator.
Harder for me to use w/o split screen
Why would you remove one of the main features that made this calculator so useful. The split screen was one of the best features of this app and poof, it's gone. I sent an email to ask for explanation but got none. Too bad, I was enjoying the app.
An iPhone & iPad essential
Once you start using variables and formulas — and notes! — in your calculations, you'll never want to use another calculator again.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 10, 2016
- Version: 2.5.4
- Size: 12.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Acqualia Software
- © 2016, Acqualia Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.