This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Soulver is a beautiful notepad calculator app that you will love. It has a new interface that is far more useful than a traditional style calculator, which lets you do calculations over multiple lines, and use words alongside numbers, so that they make sense. Use it for quick calculations, calculations involving variables & percentages, unit conversions, and for thinking through problems that involve math.
WHY SOULVER IS BETTER THAN A TRADITIONAL CALCULATOR:
– Instant answers as you type.
– Spread your calculations over multiple lines, and edit mistakes if you make them.
– Reference previous answers by tapping on them. These are live references, like in a spreadsheet.
– Easy percentage calculations using natural phrases like "15% off $350”, or "$250 + 12% tax", or "40 as a % of 390".
– Supports over 150 currencies (including Bitcoin), and has a specially designed currency keyboard for quick conversions.
– Custom variables across all your documents, and a special keyboard for quick access to them.
– All standard math and programming functions, also available on specially designed keyboards.
– Save your calculations into documents, synced via iCloud or Dropbox. Documents can also be exported as HTML styled emails.
Soulver is also available for macOS.
What's New in Version 2.6.3
– Support for iPhone X & iOS 11.
– Numerous improvements to undo, including edits from the ABC keyboard now being undoable.
– New providers for currency rates (our previous data source Yahoo! was shut down without warning).
– Fixed a bug where the regular ABC keyboard was displaying incorrectly in landscape.
Great for basic accounting (among many other things)
Soulver is great for basic budgeting, reconciling, etc. Let's you quickly think things through with easy line labeling and value references. Only thing that would make it better is an option to create templates.
A definite buy!
A calculating notepad
I use Soulver whenever I need to branch simple calculations. For example, I recently remodeled a closet and had to calculate :
- the wall square footage in order to estimate how much paint I'd need
- the perimeter in order to determine how much trim to buy
When installing the trim, I didn't have to re measure because I already had the raw measurements in Soulver. Then, as a bonus, those same raw measurements proved invaluable when we went to The Container Store to design the Elfa storage.
All of this could have been done in a spreadsheet, of course, but that would have been both heavy-handed and harder to read.
Only one major gripe
This is an essential app for me. Quickly solve costs and profits for the business. But I really wish that backspacing was by CHARACTER only. If a word becomes a variable for instance, it becomes a whole item that is erased as one unit opposed to erasing the last character and deconstructing the ‘unit.’
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 18, 2017
- Version: 2.6.3
- Size: 26.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Acqualia Software
- © 2017, Acqualia Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.