By Fusion Reactions
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
100 Rogues is being featured by Apple as a "Great Role-Playing Game" and is first on the list of GamePro's "36 Best iPhone Games". Need we say more? Start playing today and battle over 60 villains!
... About 100 Rogues ...
100 Rogues is a dungeon crawling adventure for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
... Reviews ...
• "One of the most captivating, refined & rewarding games on the App Store" - Touch Arcade
• "100 Rogues blends arcade thrills with engrossing dungeon crawling. It's the very best of both worlds" - Mobot
• "100 Rogues will take its place as one of the best role-playing games" - Pocket Gamer
• "This might be the best RPG on the iPhone to date." - Final Level
• "In presentation, gameplay, & charm, 100 Rogues excels" - GameZebo
• "100 Rogues has taken me by the heartstrings and drives me by them as if they were reigns" - NoDPad
• "Those of you looking for strategic challenge with RPG elements now have the perfect game" - Appolicious Advisor
• "Dungeon crawling with a strategic twist" - TouchGen
• "Retro music & distinctive monster designs smother 100 Rogues with sweet, sweet eye & ear candy" - App Safari
... Features ...
• A mix of handcrafted and randomly generating maps.
• Three unique player classes - with completely different skill trees and abilities. Plus, a monster class of characters with wildly different abilities and strategy requirements.
• Discover swords, axes, daggers, throwing knives, rocks, food, potions, scrolls, armor and gold as well as many rare items.
• Over 60 fun, challenging monsters – including Skybabies, Robots, Ghosts, Candy Clowns and Gummy Rats, each with unique tactics and weaknesses.
• Original artwork & arcade-style music – An original score & vivid pixel art make 100 Rogues a visual and aural pleasure.
• More – Future additions of a fourth playable class, challenges, another environment, and more!
What's New in Version 3.6
New maps! Gone forever are long hallways and aimless wandering. Enjoy more efficient exploration.
New maps prevent any instances of missing exits, dead-end hallways or other map problems seen previously
Fixes bug causing end boss health to be extremely low
Fixes bug causing Skill descriptions to be drawn offscreen on 4-inch devices
If you're looking for a good roguelike...
...you found one. Great little roguelike all around - interesting characters and strategies, good graphics, comedic air to the whole game. Fun experience.
However, I do have some complaints. 1) There are some rough edges: text gets cut off in some long item descriptions, sometimes (rarely) monsters seem to get stuck and just sit there as you pummel them, music seems to just cut off after entering a new floor (maybe by design?). 2) The dungeons themselves are... plain. Coming from CQ2, which has a wide variety of environments, houses with doors and furnitures, bushes to hide in, etc., dungeons in this game feel very limited. (On the upside though, enemies are much more interesting here.) 3) just 2 classes and others through IAP, after a price tag of $3, just feels cheap. The 2 monster classes do not make up for it - those feel more like a bonus rather than core content.
Anyway despite the cons I recommend this game. I had a craving for another roguelike after beating CQ2 and this game's hitting the spot.
Game is ok
I've played a lot of roguelike games and honestly, I think this is game is just ok. You can only play 2 chrs and the rest you have to pay to unlock so there isn't a whole lot of variation. I also found the game to be a little short. You can finish the game in one evening. I'm not too keen on the controls, it's touch and move. I'd rather a control pad as sometimes instead of attacking you'll move, kinda annoying. I also didn't feel there's a whole lot of variation in equipment and not enough gold to be found which can make a trip to the store worthless. Seriously, if you're a really hardcore roguelike player, you'll agree with me. The rest of the reviews I honestly think are just way too overrated.
Just finished 1st run, killed last boss
On my 1st run made it to the last boss and killed it with total score of 41+k. Playing with a mage i've had quite a lot of fun. Teleport, heal and shard combo is devastating to any monsters. A little of kiting too.
Overall, this is a very nice and interesting game. I wish there was an option to sell unneeded loot, because while there several item shops on most floors, gold is tough to come by and most loot is class specific and drops for all other classes, not the one you play atm.
I liked the game and suggest you get this nice rogue RPG - will be well worth your time.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 23, 2013
- Version: 3.6
- Size: 50.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Fusion Reactions
- © 2010 - 2014 Fusion Reactions
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Skellyman Scoundrel$0.99
- Dinoman Bruiser$0.99
- Combo Mode$0.99
- Whight Knight$0.99
- Endless Mode$0.99