Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The most natural digital handwriting experience on iPad, Penultimate gives you the convenience and feel of writing on paper with the added power and availability of Evernote. Take notes in class or a meeting, journal your thoughts, or outline your next big idea -- in the office, on the go, or at home on the sofa.
THE EXPERIENCE OF INK AND PAPER, MADE BETTER
Your handwriting and drawings look spectacular in black or color gel ink on your choice of photorealistic paper styles, or import any image to create your own personalized paper. Our inking technology produces pen strokes that look better than real ones, and the automatic Wrist Protection mode prevents stray marks from appearing on a page for writers of all grips.
DIGITAL HANDWRITING THAT KEEPS PACE WITH YOU
Penultimate makes moving around the page feel effortless, taking advantage of the gestures you already use on your iPad so that you can focus on the information you want to jot down. To zoom in on a spot on the page, simply pinch in and start writing. With Penultimate's Drift feature enabled, the page will move along with you, automatically adjusting to the pace you are working at.
REMEMBER EVERYTHING WITH EVERNOTE
As part of the Evernote family of products, Penultimate will quickly become one of the core productivity apps on your iPad. Store your Penultimate notes in notebooks, separated by topic, project, or category. Every Penultimate note is synced to your Evernote account automatically, where you can view, search and share them across all of your devices.
FIND ANYTHING FAST, EVEN HANDWRITTEN TEXT
You can search through your handwritten text within the app, or browse quickly through all pages. View your list of notebooks as a carousel or sort and scroll in a fast grid view. Penultimate also allows you to insert, delete, duplicate, and reorganize pages within and between notebooks.
STYLUS AND SOFTWARE BUILT TOGETHER
We worked closely with Adonit to create the stylus we've always wanted; the Jot Script Evernote Edition, the first true precision-point stylus. Penultimate has been designed to perfectly complement the stylus and, together, make digital handwriting the experience it should be. You'll not only see your handwriting as you intended it, you'll feel like you're writing with your favorite pen. Available now in the Evernote Market.
MORE WITH PREMIUM
Penultimate is free to download and use. Evernote Premium adds great features across all of the Evernote applications. In Penultimate, Passcode Lock and unlimited Paper Shop access are included. Premium is available through an auto-renewing subscription.
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. Manage your subscriptions in the Account Settings after purchase.
What's New in Version 5.2
* You can now swipe from off screen when in portrait mode to navigate between pages in a notebook.
* New animations when you open and close a notebook.
* New pen selection menu. This has been totally redesigned and now each pen width can have its own color.
Improved handwriting performance
* Better ink rendering.
* Better palm recognition. This should help with stray marks on the screen.
* A variety of other bug fixes that should make the app more stable.
* We fixed an issue where a stray mark could not be erased when in zoomed mode but disappeared when zooming out.
Jot Script enhancements
* More persistent connectivity with the Jot Script stylus.
* We added a Jot Script connectivity indicator to the pen tool and menu. It’s now easier to see if your Jot Script is connected and if you are running low on battery.
* Connect your Jot Script right from the pen menu.
Better syncing and sharing
* Penultimate notes have a new style when viewed in Evernote.
* Enhancements to shared notebooks.
Used to be good - other apps are much better now
Penultimate was one of the first good note/handwriting apps, but it's been nearly two years with no significant improvement in app UI design or performance. Even since Evernote bought it, it's been a disappointment. Becomes a slow, laggy mess after a just half-page of "ink", Adonit/Evernote Jot Script palm rejection is worse in this app (owned by Evernote) than in other 3rd party apps. Fewer features, pen colors, shapes and sizes than the rest. Try Noteshelf instead. Way, way better than this app which has fallen far behind. Noteshelf even supports the Adonit/Evernote Jot Script better. And never lags behind in terms of ink speed/response.
This is a great note-taking and doodling app. I've used it before Evernote was even in the picture and they made an already good thing great!
It's especially great with the Jot Script. My only gripe is that in zoomed mode there's no button to advance the paper sideways. I'm not a big fan of the auto-scrolling, so an advance button would be great.
Great app but update did not fix anything it said it would. Artifacts are still abundant from poor palm recognition, there are still stray marks that disappear in when zooming out, and ink rendering got super laggy to the point where it is no longer easy to write without marks not showing up until several seconds later. I have an ipad 2, so maybe this update is too much to handle, but I don't think it should be. Please fix.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 02, 2014
- Version: 5.2
- Size: 44.8 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Cocoa Box Design LLC
- © 2014 Evernote Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Time & Tasks Paper Collection$0.99
- Games Paper Collection$0.99
- Design Collection$0.99
- Evernote Premium$4.99
- Music Paper Collection$2.99
- Photo Album Paper Collection$0.99
- Young Writers Paper Collection$0.99
- Chinese New Year 2014Free
- Evernote Premium$44.99