Have you ever been in a phone conversation that just wouldn't end? Do you find it hard to think of a good way to hang up without sounding rude? Download Fake-An-Excuse today, and let your iPhone excuse you from any situation!
Fake-An-Excuse comes packed with over 45 realistic sounds to help you escape from prolonged calls. Killer bee attack, being pulled over, weak signal, government wire-taps.. Fake-An-Excuse will get you off the phone in no time!
Here's how to best use Fake-An-Excuse:
On non iPhone calls: Simply select the excuse sound you want to play, hold your iPod Touch or iPhone near the receiver, hit the Start Excuse button and your excuse begins!
On iPhone calls: Right after dialing, or when you finally decide you need to Fake-An-Excuse, put the call on speakerphone. Hit the iPhone's Home button to bring you to the iPhone's main application list. Load Fake-An-Excuse and select the excuse you want to play, and hit Play Excuse.
Here are some of the excuses this application will help you make. You can also record your own if there's something we missed!
The signal is breaking up...
Someone's here (knocking)..
Someone's here (doorbell)..
Bees!! They are everywhere!!!!
Call waiting beep
I'm being pulled over.... (siren)
I just broke something!
I hit a mailbox with my car!
I'm in a busy hospital...
Going in an elevator...
Something just blew up!
There's a mean dog here..
Must keep eye on kids..
Hackers have taken over my phone!!
The baby is crying...
I just spilled my soda..
I'm at a restaurant..
There's the bell..
The toilet is clogged.
Someone is vacuuming.
Wolves are nearby.
I need to help this lady!
I'm grilling out..
Some water pipe just broke!!
I'm at work still (office)
My work phone is ringing.
I'm at work still (factory)
Someone is wire-tapping us!
Emergency Broadcast signal
A car almost hit me
My ride is here..
It's stormy outside.. better go..
I just won the jackpot!
The cat wants food
I'm real busy typing..
I'm having gas problems..
I need to go to the bathroom.. now!
The ice cream truck is here!
A riot is about to break out..
I'm at the gym playing ball.
I'm at a football game..
I'm at a basketball game..
The baseball game is starting.
The smoke detector!!
Operator has disconnected..
A woman is here
A man is here
Wife is calling
Husband is calling
- Make sure you have the caller on speaker when you use Fake-An-Excuse from an iPhone -- otherwise the caller will not be able to hear the sounds clearly.
- Use the 'Configure Sound List' button to configure the excuse list. Items that have a checkmark in the configure sound screen will be displayed on the main picker wheel. Tap an item to check/uncheck it.
- If you have the Repeat switch on, the currently selected excuse will start when all sounds are finished. This means you can start playing the Elevator excuse sound with Repeat set to On, and then switch to the Loosing Signal excuse sound and it will play when the Elevator sound is completed, helping you pull of an even smoother escape.
- Commit fully to your excuse! If they say, "What?", or ask other questions, just hang up and attend to the 'pressing issue' at hand...
- Don't let your significant other see this application installed on your iPhone!
Help make Fake-An-Excuse better! Let us know what you'd like in the next update at email@example.com
Easier to quickly switch between excuses
Ratings and Reviews
READ THIS EVERYONE
This app is decent but here's some sounds that are just plain stupid - "a hackers taking over this call" "feed your cat" "broke something" "bees are everywhere" and some more. These sounds are just pathetic and don't work. Now my favorite is the doorbell one because you can say stuff like "my friend just got here." Overall is a pretty cool app but you need to work on some stuff.
In order for this app to work, you have to have your phone on speaker while playing the background noise. It works that way on my iPhone. Not sure about other phones.
This app is awesome. My friend kept me on the phone for 2 hours 47 minutes once talking about random stuff.
You have saved my life. THANK YOU! 😍
- Excelltech Inc.
- 10.5 MB
- Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Excelltech Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.