Inspire Pro — Create Art, Paint, Draw & Sketch
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Available exclusively on the App Store, meticulously designed to be beautifully powerful and painstakingly engineered for the 64-bit CPU and multi-core GPU of iPad — Inspire Pro delivers an incredibly fast and realistic painting, drawing and sketching experience that you can take with you wherever you go and use whenever inspiration strikes.
Our proprietary painting engine Sorcery™, based on OpenGL, takes full advantage of the GPU to render brush strokes with brilliant 64-bit color, laser-sharp sub-pixel precision and insanely fast speed. While the strokes of a wet oil paint brush look beautiful on their own, the breathtaking blending effects of a dry brush will absolutely stun you. Graze the canvas with just a bit of pressure to add a subtle blur to your artwork or use stronger pressure to actually mix existing colors on the canvas together to create new ones.
With no instruction manual or handbook required, whether you are a beginner, expert or somewhere in-between, you will enjoy the simplicity and power of the most intuitive and compelling illustration app for iPad, Inspire Pro.
• 80 high quality brushes to choose from, divided into 8 useful sets: Oil Paint, Airbrushes, Basic Shapes, Graphite Pencils, Wax Crayons, Markers, Chalk and Textures
• 70 more brushes are available in the Inspire Pro Shop, divided into 7 sets: Complex Shapes, Paint Splatter, Spray Paint, Shape Outlines, Charcoal, Patterns and Pastels & Conté
• All brushes can be used as a Wet Brush, Dry Brush (Blending) or Eraser
• Over 20 different settings are available to customize brush strokes with powerful versatility and variation
• Sorcery™, the fastest 64-bit painting engine on the App Store
• Full-fledged Apple Pencil support for pressure, tilt angle and orientation
• Create a canvas of any size up to 16K (64MP) on iPad Pro, 8K (32MP) on iPad Air 2 and 4K (16MP) on iPad Air
• Dual-texture brushes
• 64-bit color
• All device orientations are supported all the time — switch from portrait to landscape painting with ease
• 1000 levels of undo and redo are available
• Touch and slide hotspots can be used to quickly change brush size, opacity and pressure without opening a menu
• The eyedropper tool can be used with a touch and hold gesture to select paint colors from the canvas
• The canvas can be moved around, rotated and zoomed in and out up to 6400%
• Create a painting right within the Messages app, starting from a blank canvas or an image from your Photos
Canvas Playback Video Recording
• Brush strokes are automatically recorded as you paint without any delay
• You can play the video of your artwork being created stroke-by-stroke directly in the gallery
• A Canvas Playback video can be exported to your Photos, Email, iTunes Documents or Dropbox
• Exported videos are high quality HD at up to 1080p resolution
• Choose any paint color you can dream of with the intuitive color picker
• HSB and RGB sliders accompany a large color circle, color square and opacity slider
• Your latest colors are saved to a palette automatically while you paint
• You can also save your favorite colors to a palette with drag and drop
Saving, Importing and Exporting
• Paintings are automatically saved in your gallery and easily exported to your Photos
• Inspire Pro files include your artwork's image, video and all associated metadata, for the ultimate backup
• Images can be imported from your Photos, iTunes, Dropbox or the camera and positioned, rotated and scaled onto a new canvas
• Paintings can be sent via email from within the app
• Paintings can be uploaded directly to Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter and Flickr
• Paintings can be printed from within the app (AirPrint printer required) or ordered online through CanvasPop
Visit snowCanoe.com to check out more screenshots, videos and artwork.
What's New in Version 3.4
What do rocky sand, Italian leather and stretched canvas all have in common?
If you guessed a puzzling exhibit at a modern art gallery, you might be right…
If you guessed a new Inspire Pro brush set called Textures, you’re absolutely right! Congratulations, you win a prize: a new Inspire Pro brush set called Textures.
New Brush Set “Textures” (Free)
• 10 new amazing brushes that can apply beautiful, photo-realistic textures to your canvas
• New Brick, Belgian Block, Broken Stone, Rocky Sand, Weathered Bark, Stretched Canvas, Coarse Burlap, Italian Leather, Wool Carpet, Long Grass
New Brush Set “Pastels & Conté” (Available in the Inspire Pro Shop)
• 10 new incredibly realistic brushes that allow you to draw and sketch with a variety of different kinds of pastels and conté
• Soft Pastel Stick, Soft Angled Pastel Stick, Soft Flat Pastel Stick, Hard Pastel Stick, Hard Angled Pastel Stick, Hard Flat Pastel Stick, Oil Pastel, Pastel Pencil, Conté Crayon, Conté Pencil
• iOS 10.2 compatibility — if you haven’t updated yet, your friends have better emojis than you
• Bug fixes
I was apprehensive when I first got this app. Could I really make art like that on an iPad? Initially, it felt like there was a huge learning curve. Any touching of the screen by anything besides the finger I was trying to draw with, or stylus left unwanted marks on the screen. It felt clumsy. Then I got a half glove so no skin touched the screen, and a stylus pen. Now I believe I was overthinking the process when I was transitioning from traditional sketching and painting, to doing the same on an iPad. Because when I just started experimenting with the different brushes, spray heads, and pens, just for fun, I was off to the races! The light bulb had gone on over my head, and I got it. It's so incredibly easy! I couldn't stop playing with it. Even my stupid bad 'art' looked good for what it was...., fooling around.
Then I had an idea. I imported a sketch of mine that I had just finished drawing and painting into Inspire Pro with the intention of 'repainting' it on my iPad. (I had photographed the progress of the project). Then I just started coloring it in. It's fast, it's neat and clean, the color spectrum is huge, and the texturing options are endless. The digital version of this picture that I'm currently painting on this app (over the original sketch, mind you), is actually looking better than the paint on paper original.
So, needless to say at this point, I highly recommend this app to anyone who wants to get away from paint and paper.., especially beginners.
Fun, easy-to-use app
I came across this app while looking for an app to make storyboards for class. It provides multiple ways to create, draw, and bring to life your imagination. I will definitely be using this for more than storyboards in the future.
Not so complicated like others I've tried. You can jump right in and get going on a blank "canvas" pretty quickly. Brushes and other tools are easy to find and understand. I love it so far!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 21, 2017
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 333 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: snowCanoe
- © 2017 snowCanoe
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Paint Splatter Brush Set$1.99
- Charcoal Brush Set$1.99
- Spray Paint Brush Set$1.99
- Complex Shapes Brush Set$0.99
- Patterns Brush Set$0.99
- Shape Outlines Brush Set$0.99
- Pastels & Conté Brush Set$1.99