SoundHound Song Search & Music Player
By SoundHound, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The popular music app with 300 million+ downloads globally!
What’s that song? SoundHound is the free music discovery app that can listen and identify what’s playing. The music player gives you full-length songs and videos with real-time LiveLyrics®. You can even take your searches handsfree by saying, “OK Hound… what’s that song?”.
Enjoy an immersive experience whether singing along with karaoke-style LiveLyrics, watching full music videos, or simply sampling curated playlists of top artists and emerging performers. Browse throughout the app while your music continues playing in the background.
Want to get access to SoundHound search and history even faster? Identify a song or see what you’ve searched for previously with our SoundHound widget - all without opening the app! To add SoundHound to your widget list, swipe right on your iPhone’s lock screen. From there, scroll to the bottom, tap ‘Edit’ and then the ‘+’ next to SoundHound. You’re now ready to go!
If your phone is locked, you'll need to enter your passcode or use touch I.D. If your phone is unlocked and you’d like to add the SoundHound widget, just swipe down from the top edge and follow the steps above - or swipe right from your home screen.
Connected Apple Music Members can easily find and play a song hands-free using “OK Hound… “.
Use “OK Hound…” to access playlists such as:
• Your personal SoundHound music history
• Emerging artists across the globe
• Hottest tracks in the US and around the world
• The newest and most popular songs this week
• Songs you have favorited
• Playlists saved on your device
Or continue to access all of the great SoundHound features you know and love through the classic tap, swipe and type modes:
• Tap the orange button to instantly identify songs and see live lyrics, video playback, share, stream, or buy
• Sing or Hum into SoundHound, for results when you can’t get that song out of your head
• Access your History, showing your previous searches (register to ensure you can access all of your discoveries!) to add to your Spotify playlist
• Search hands-free. “OK Hound, what’s this song?”
• SoundHound saves all of your searches for easy playback
• View LiveLyrics, moving real-time with the music, and sing along
• Check out weekly featured songs, videos, artists & albums
• Find out what’s being played near you & around the world with our Music Map
• Learn about ‘Artists Born Today’, showcasing artists on their birthday, everyday
• Access artist photos & biographies, album release dates & band info
• See the hottest in new music, across Global, Emerging and Popular charts
• Learn about new releases using your voice. “OK Hound, what’s Taylor Swift’s latest song?”
• Play the full song and watch the music video with our embedded YouTube player
• Browse the top videos others are watching
• Listen to songs or playlists in your favorite connected streaming services, such as Spotify, Pandora, or Apple Music
• Apple Music Members can automatically save your history to a SoundHound playlist in Apple Music! Also stream the full song in SoundHound while following along with LiveLyrics
• Interact with the lyrics to navigate the song - double a line to jump to the chorus, skip ahead, or replay from the beginning.
• Purchase songs or albums instantly in iTunes
• Say it to play it. “OK Hound, please play Hello by Adele”
CONNECT & SHARE
• Share your music discoveries to Facebook or Twitter
• Easily import your searched music and favorites into Spotify
• Apple Music Members can automatically save your history to a SoundHound playlist in Apple Music
REVIEWS AND ACCLAIM
• Top 10 Must-Have iPhone Apps - Bob Tedeschi, NY Times
• Best Music Engagement App - BILLBOARD Music App Awards
• "Genius, isn't it?" - B.B.C. World Radio
• "This is amazing... insane, right?" - David Pogue
Looking for a premium experience without banner ads? Upgrade to SoundHound∞: https://04ii.app.link/RXaRXypntA
What's New in Version 7.6.1
Thanks for using SoundHound! To bring you the best experience, we make regular updates to fix bugs and improve performance.
Everyday App , Can't Live Without It Truly
I know first world problems when You say You can't Live without an App, haha. But Most of My Life I've Always looked to Music And It's Lyrics Because Of THAT Feeling it Give Us, The Things It Explains In Such Ways That It Actually Gives Life To The Feelings We Feel and The Situations We Are In Or Want To Be In, In Our Lives, This App Allows Me To Keep Up With New Artists and Their Songs Also Shows Me Other Albums And Songs They Have Produced.
It Also Allows Me To Map Out Where I Was In The Map When I Found That Song. It Also Allows Me To Keep A Great Record Of Old Song's I Haven't Heard It Awhile, That Along With The Ability To Find New Artists Makes It a Daily Use App For Me(It Is My Most Likely My Most Used App).
I Did Like It Better When I Could Actually Use Copy and Paste On The Lyrics On The Lyric Page Rather Than Run The Lyrics Along With The Song More Like A Karaoke Machine. And I Have To Say As Much As I Use It I Only Have Issues Finding A Song Maybe 1 Out Of 50 Times. All Of This And I Still Use The Free Version!!! I Truly Love This APPLICATION I Hope They Never Change It Unless It's Going To Keep This Same Structure.
Worked great at first but downward spiral
My friend recommended this app to me because of the "hymning" you do on the app and it would help you find songs better than Shazam. Not once has that worked for me. Besides that, it worked really well for a while, but for a few months ago it seems to be deteriorating. More often than sometimes it will not recognize songs no matter how loud I play them. The internet and service are working perfectly so there is no excuse. Sometimes it would "play dead" and not even register or save the recording of the song, just says "no music heard". Or it would say "no close matches". I would test it out on really popular songs, and it still says that. Recently, it's been starting to give me song information in, I believe,the Chinese language. Sometimes, also, it will send me random songs that are not the songs I'm listening to. I believe I'll be switching back to Shazam. I'm a very busy person with a busy lifestyle. I drive a lot and I really love my music. It really disappoints me when I hear a song, I know won't hear again for a long time, and the app fails and I never receive the information, come on! Fix this stuff then I'll think about coming back 😡😡😡😡
GOTTA LOVE IT!!
I tried the free version of this app out for a while and loved it so much I paid for the full version. I love this app and I would've paid twice as much for it. but they were asking just to ha
I have Shazam as well and this app is much better. I found that if I hum or sing a song, SoundHound is able give me all of the information about the song. It makes it great when I'm trying to figure out the name of the song that I have stuck in my head. I am unable to get that kind of success out of Shazam.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 20, 2017
- Version: 7.6.1
- Size: 70.5 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: SoundHound, Inc.
- © 2015 SoundHound Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad-Free, Extra Features$6.99