NYTimes – Breaking World, National & Politics News
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the New York Times app for iPad.
Experience The Times’s in-depth journalism, elegantly designed with enhanced imagery and multimedia and streamlined navigation. The NYTimes app also includes our International Edition with global news and cultural content from our 50 bureaus around the world.
• Breaking news alerts: Get notified of major developing stories, and tailor alerts to topics of interest including business, politics and sports
• Morning briefings: Start your day with a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices
• Today widget: Top headlines are always just a swipe away
• Pick up where you left off on another device with Handoff
• International edition: Global news and coverage from dozens of bureaus around the world
• Exclusive videos and award-winning photography
• Customize your list of favorite sections and blogs
The NYTimes app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
• Digital Access - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device for $14.99 per month or $119.99 per year (save up to $5 per month). Cancel anytime.
• Times Insider - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device plus one complimentary digital subscription to share for $24.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• Times Insider members also receive access to the Times Insider blog, TimesTalks videos, TBooks, special Times crosswords and Times Archives from 1851.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Questions Concerns? Please contact us at email@example.com or (800) 591-9233. We respond to every inquiry.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Not valid for Digital Access $119.99 per year subscription option. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Insider content, or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 3.18
We made some improvements under the hood.
Want to work for our team? Check out the About page in settings.
As always, email us at iPad@nytimes.com with questions, complaints, or suggestions.
Much better than WSJ
What I like most about the Times app is that it always fully loads. Once the latest news is updated you can count on the ability to see any article irrespective of section, even or especially when you are offline. The WSJ which I also subscribe to frequently fails to load all all content and I get error messages to the effect that I can't see the articles I want to see. This is especially frustrating when on an airplane or metro and offline. I had expected the WSJ would fix a while ago this but literally as of the other day the same situation was repeating itself.
If I had a criticism of the NYT app it would be two things: about the book section, as I am no longer a print subscriber it's very hard on the app to distinguish between daily, i.e. weekday book reviews and the Sunday Book Review reviews. If this could be made clearer it would be helpful.
Secondly with regard to op-ed and indeed any article written by an outside contributor the tag line with information about the writer should be at the top with the byline not at the end. I find myself regularly having to scroll to the end to find out about who is writing the piece as for me at least that is very relevant information when reading the piece.
The Best Reporting in the Most Welcoming Format
I depend on the New York Times for reliable and well-written journalism. Whether at home or on the road, the app is the first thing I look at every morning. After reading the headlines, I browse and save the articles that seem most interesting to read at my convenience.
World news, editorials, film and music reviews, the app. allows me to program what I read according to my interests. There are interactive elements as well, like the daily mini crossword puzzle. And since I'm a political junkie, "The Daily" podcast has become an addictive addition, not simply a summary, but an in depth conversation concerning the most important political news of the day.
When I wrote "depend" at the beginning of this review, I was not exaggerating. The New York Times is the best newspaper in the country, and the app. is the best and most convenient delivery system available. Thank you, app. designers. Keep up the good work!
In search of the scan that catches the eye
As a subscriber, the NYT app. Is a part of my mornings: informative, and ready with more information than we can read. However, I miss the days of paper where we could scan the day's articles by headline or section. Rather than take an editor's word on what are the principal stories, we could quickly pick and choose...something new could catch our eye, and more important we came to know the reporters and columnists who proved their value. The App. Needs to bring back individual ways to scan the day's topics and news, create individual patterns rather than having readers be relegated to your "need to know" or worse--an index. A fresh approach/alternative way to parse is needed.
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 17, 2017
- Version: 3.18
- Size: 57.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2016, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Tablet App$19.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- Digital Access$14.99
- Basic: Annual$129.99
- Times Insider$44.99
- Digital Access - Annual Offer$119.99
- Digital Access - Annual Offer$119.99
- All Access$24.99
- Times Insider$24.99