By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Apple's Mac App of The Year! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
SAVE TIME WITH iOS 9 FEATURES
- Multitasking with Notability enables you to take notes while you research, read a text book, or watch a lecture, on select iPads.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s makes it faster than ever to create, preview, and open notes.
- Spotlight Search helps you find and open recent notes.
- Handwrite and sketch with beautiful ink.
- Write smoothly and quickly with zoom-writing.
- Automatic Palm Detection on iPad allows you to write naturally with your hand on the screen.
- Notability has been fine-tuned for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro giving you the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
- Notability includes full-featured typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
- Outlines and text boxes help you quickly capture and organize ideas.
- Highlight typed text.
- The typing UI is uniquely designed on iPhone, iPad, and Mac for the best typing experience possible.
IMPORT AND ANNOTATE PDFs
- Highlight, Copy & Paste, Speak, Define and Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send PDF forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
- Import webpages from the browser with the Share Extension.
AUDIO RECORDINGS: REVIEW AND GIVE FEEDBACK
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio and handwritten feedback to students.
ALL ELECTRONIC WORKFLOW
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
ORGANIZE AND SHARE NOTES
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box, can be used to backup your notes in PDF format and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
What's New in Version 6.3.0
- New Summer Theme in settings.
- Localization for Traditional Chinese.
- Speak function now works for all languages.
- More Apple Pencil improvements.
- Dropbox authentication fix.
- Bug fixes.
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!
Good but crashing
The app gets 4 stars because there's really nothing better out there at this point and the Apple Pencil works very well; however, when you start layering pictures or try to export a larger annotated PDF, the app crashes. I'm a medical student and not knowing whether an unknown # of annotations is going to disappear is very disconcerting and undermines my willingness to rely on the app. Maybe a higher powered more expensive version of the app would be helpful. Also, the file export of a selected page range is very tedious because you must scroll through and locate the desired thumbnails like in iPhoto. It would be much faster if you could just enter the page range numbers like you would to print/export a page range on a desktop computer. Ideally this app would be perfect for pdf textbook annotation, making it great for higher Ed students--but like I said, larger files cause it to crash and the control+F type feature stops responding. Side note: Another bug is-sometimes the page selector in the bottom right corner gets covered by the magnifying glass icon so you lose the ability to quickly page up or page down. This magnifying glass is also very touchy. It's annoying when trying to page up/down or when writing with the pencil and the heel of your hand grazes it. The regular zoom functionality with thumb and index finger works so well that the magnifying glass is not only obtrusive but also probably redundant.
Must have for students!
This app is a game changer for taking notes in class! I have terrible handwriting, so I don't like to physically write ALL of my notes, ya know, because I'd like to be able to use them for studying. I love that I can type, record, AND write in notes completely seamlessly with notability. It is also incredibly easy to insert photos. I keep my iPhone handy in class to take pictures of the board when the professor is drawing something complex (b/c it's awkward to life a whole iPad Pro in the middle of class😂), and I can just pop it right in my notes and crop what I need! The only thing I would add is an option for special characters (i.e. Math symbols, superscript, subscript) when typing. I get by with writing them in, but it would be nice to be able to type it all when I want to. Overall still a solid 5 star app.
Great App for College
I use this app for everything, from taking lecture notes to doing homework. It keeps everything organized and in one place. I have the app on my iPad, iPhone, and MacBook and they all keep in sync so that I can access my notes from any device. It is a great tool to have and I recommend this for anyone in school or in a position where you need to keep track of and organize handwritten notes. The only complaint that I have is it has had some small issues with the Apple Pencil, particularly where it will detect your palm and scroll up or down dragging a line to the point where it stops, which is an easy fix with the undo button and does no real harm, but it can get frustrating at times. But a small price to pay for an otherwise amazing app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 13, 2016
- Version: 6.3.0
- Size: 66.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bubblegum Pack$3.99