Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes, and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments, and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are right in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Organize your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive bar, line, area, and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Pages for iCloud
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 2.6.1
• Resolves an issue where some Microsoft Word documents would not open
• Additional bug fixes
• Stability and performance improvements
Other recent improvements:
• Multitask while editing using new Slide Over, Split View, and Picture in Picture on iPad
• Quickly access formatting tools from the new Shortcut Bar on iPad
• Easily select text using new Multi-Touch gestures on iPad
• Use keyboard shortcuts when connected to a wireless keyboard
• Support for new 3D Touch
• Open Pages ’08 and ’06 documents
• Preview shared documents on iOS and Android browsers
• View and restore changes made to a document over time
• New Apple-designed templates: Kids Certificate, Classic Certificate, School Newsletter
• Easily access recently used fonts in the Fonts menu
• Add reference lines to charts
Needs some work.
I use my IPad instead of a laptop to take notes in class and love being able to see all of my documents on all of my Apple devices but I have some complaints. I use a Bluetooth keyboard and since the new updates, I haven't been able to indent properly in note taking mode. But that is a minor inconvenience compared to the frustration of when the order of my notes gets moved around every time I open an old document. It moves the opened document to the top of my list that is organized by date, I suppose because it was most recently opened/modified. While this may be convenient for some, I would like the option to order them by the date they were first created. There is currently no option for this. I would also like if the search feature were able to search, not just the name of the documents, but in the documents themselves to find subjects I had previously written about. I don't want to have to go back to using Microsoft Word and paying insane amounts of money to get that software on all my devices. Please fix!
Three steps back
I'm a published playwright and novelist who writes exclusively on iPad. And If Apple reads this, take note: Putting italics in a drop down is absurd. The whole point behind having touch and type at your fingertips is to make it easier! Please, put bold and italics back on the toolbar and not a drop down. Thank you!
Also, CURRENT BUG: When you misspell a word it'll flag it in red as it's supposed to. But go ahead and highlight it. What do you find now with this new update? All the basic edit functions for a selected word, as well as define. BUT, no corrected spelling options pop up. And before you ask, YES my spell check is active. Nothing has changed other on my settings, and nothing is new on this iPad aside from this app's update. Please address these, it's making my job difficult.
Aside from that, I love writing in Pages, and prefer it to Word. If they ever make Scrivener for iPad I'll jump ship, because that app's still the best. But until then, if you get these bugs worked out of this update, I'll continue to be a loyal user. Thanks!
I've seen reviews of new ipad mini's that show they have several times the processing power, so I completely understand my ancient (barely 3 year old) original ipad mini not supporting fancy new features like "picture in picture" or split screen. But to just drop support for something as basic as word processing doesn't seem acceptable to me. It is such a basic task, I don't even understand how it could require so much power. It makes me consider buying a new ipad because I don't have a choice, but I immediately think about how soon they will drop support for the new ones, especially considering the mini 4 is already using the year old air 2 processor. I always argue with friends that spending the extra money on Apple stuff is worth it because it will last so much longer, and it does, but if they are going to make new software that just isn't compatible with it anymore, what is the point of paying extra for the fancy Apple gear?
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 11, 2015
- Version: 2.6.1
- Size: 275 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.