Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes, and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments, and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And now with the beta release of new collaboration features, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time (beta)
• With the beta release of new collaboration features, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Pages for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are right in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Organize your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive bar, line, area, and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What's New in Version 3.0.5
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
I like it.
Okay, I admit I'm grading on a curve here, but Pages has worked best overall for me out of the current crop of iOS Word processors. I don't get where the poor reviews here come from.
Pages includes change tracking, real-time collaboration, and columns, and it imports and exports documents to DOCX with good results, for those of you who might be sharing documents with MS Office users.
I love Google Docs in its desktop web form, but the iOS version has a somewhat awkward interface, lacks some common features (pagination, for one), and is dreadfully slow on older iPads.
MS Word is crippleware that reserves change tracking and columns only for those who pay the (pricey) O365 subscription. Even then, it's file management is clumsy and there is no real-time collaboration.
For $25, Ulysses has limited support for graphics, makes you type markup tags for paragraph structure and text attributes, and uses a proprietary file format that is only readable by its own iOS or Mac apps.
Pages is not perfect. It makes you tap three times just to insert a tab or italicize words (Who thought that was a good idea?), and it would be nice if would allow you to skip pagination on the first page. But it works reliably, it doesn't cost a bundle, and it allows me to turn out the documents I need for work and home with little effort.
A novelist here, listen to me
This app doesn't do anything special, and isn't supposed to, so let me just state what needs to be fixed.
Most important: documents across devices no longer sync. Yes, yes, everything is set up. I know how to set up my iCloud. They just don't sync properly except once in a blue moon. How is it that this company simply doesn't get it? The syncing is awful, never works.
Unnecessarily clumsy. I'm using the magnifying glass to get to an exact spot, and suddenly the page shifts up and down involuntarily. Fix it, geniuses. You're Apple.
Needs a better way to select big portions of writing, such as several pages.
More fonts and features. Seriously, we need at least hundred more. Right now, this app is wildly and disgustingly inferior to desktop applications.
Don't dumb down or simplify apps just to make them easier to use. Make them complex, powerful tools, rather than dumb little apps that can barely do anything that are easy to use. You did this before to sync Pages with Mac Pages. Don't.
I am a writer and have dozens of documents which I must send to myself regularly just in case iCloud deletes all my documents (this happened to many others). There must be a bulk method to send all of my documents in an email at once. As of now, it takes hours.
I lost trust in Apple a long time ago. Now, I'm just disgusted of the whole company.
Fix everything, I know you can. I also know you probably won't.
Inconsistencies with other Apple apps
I've used Pages for years on Mac and iOS. I frequently import, mark up and edit documents, sometimes with Track Changes and sometimes not. The current version of Pages for iPad enables highlighting, but apparently doesn't allow setting or changing the highlight color. (Yes, I've searched the Web and Apple Helps for answers.) Also, Help instructions and screen shots of formatting controls in Apple's online helps are not the same as the current version —there appears to be feature deletion in the current version compared to the older version in the Helps. Worst of all, there is a frustrating general inconsistency in the user interface for text formatting and controls between Apple apps. Finally, Pages for iPad really needs a much stronger outlining feature that is tightly integrated into how it works. Pages for iOS does not seen like Apple's best work.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 27, 2016
- Version: 3.0.5
- Size: 443 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.