Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Get a quick start by using one of over 60 Apple-designed templates. Or use a blank document and easily add text, images, shapes, and more with a few taps. Then format using beautiful preset styles and fonts. And use advanced features like change tracking, comments, and highlights to easily review changes in a document.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a document using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
Pages 2.0 is updated with a stunning new design and improved performance. And with a new unified file format across Mac, iOS, and web, your documents are consistently beautiful everywhere you open them.
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 60 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, resumes, cards, and posters
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and plain text files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly browse your document using the page navigator and see a thumbnail preview of each page
• Turn on Coaching Tips for guided in-app help
Create beautiful documents
• Write and edit documents using the onscreen keyboard or a wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Your most important text formatting options are right in your keyboard, and always just a tap or two away
• Easily add images and video to your document using the Media Browser
• Use auto-text wrap to flow text around images
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Organize your data easily in tables
Advanced writing tools
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Use comments and highlights to share ideas and feedback with others
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts with character, paragraph, and page counts
• Automatic list making and spellchecking
• Create and view impressive 2D, 3D, and interactive bar, line, area, and pie charts
• Use Undo to go back through your previous changes
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud beta
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Anyone with a shared document link will always have access to the latest version of the document and can edit it with you at iCloud.com using Pages for iCloud beta
• Export your document in ePub, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy documents to apps such as Dropbox
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
Pages for iCloud beta is currently available in English only.
What's New in Version 2.5.3
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ignore many of the negative reviews
PROS: Apple made this app free, this app competes in equal measure as MS Office, you can do everything MS Word can, you can sync to printers, save/send via pdf, word doc, pages doc, orr ePub. You can add pictures, links, etc.
CONS: I can't say I've found any. It works very well, is easy to learn how to use, and creates professional and beautiful documents.
Look, some of these 1 star reviews are just ignorant. The app is very easy to learn to use if you take a few moments to actually LEARN how to use it. If you want to documents you create into social media it DOES have that option. It gives you many choices and all you have to do is pay attention to how to do so. Those having problems with updating the app or syncing with iCloud are having user error issues. Maybe you need to pay attention to keeping your device iOS updated, or pay attention to your device compatibility. I've tried breaking the app, deleting the app, reinstalling the app and had no issues getting my documents back onto my iPad or iPhone.
So much for "High Definition" Retina
The text on this app is more reminiscent of computers of the early 90s then of the so-called "Retina" high definition display which Apple brags about. The fuzzy, blurry lettering which has played this app since the last iOS update has been driving me crazy. I looked on online forums and found that I could "reset all settings" back to the original factory settings, which supposedly would fix the problem. This was an irritating solution for me as I had spent quite some time customizing all of the settings on my phone. However, the blurry text on the Pages app was annoying enough that I finally reset all the settings on my phone back to factory default. What added to my frustration was that after after resetting all my phone settings, the blurriness issue only result for about a week, after which the app once again deteriorated back to the blurry text. This is extremely frustrating, and the app has been compromised for months now, without any updates or bug fixes in sight. Not so impressive for an Apple app. I'm not holding my breath for the next update to fix this though. Apple doesn't appear to be in any real hurry on this one…
Glitch found, revision to recent review
I'm revising the recent review I wrote below. I found a glitch on my iPad: the text that appears in the magnifying glass when moving the cursor is oriented vertically rather than horizontally. That is, the line of text shows up as running up to down rather than left to right. This makes it difficult, obviously, to find the right spot to drop the cursor.
Other than that, I think my review below still holds for the latest update. I've noticed some slight slowing down, particularly with larger files, but it's still an improvement over previous versions.
As far as I can tell so far, this latest update has been a great improvement. The app on both my iPad (3) and iPhone (5) is much more responsive, with faster document access, iCloud uploading, and no typing lag with larger files (all of which were problems with previous versions). Again, so far so good.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 21, 2015
- Version: 2.5.3
- Size: 279 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2010 - 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.