This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The ESV Bible app was designed to be the most beautiful and intuitive Bible app available. The app includes free resources such as interactive reading plans, audio streaming, and free access to the ESV Global Study Bible.
• Read. Dig into God's Word via an elegant interface designed specifically for mobile devices. Quick access to cross-references, split-screen reading, and an innovative reader’s mode make it easy to engage with God’s Word on a deeper level.
• Study. Read the ESV Global Study Bible alongside the biblical text for free. Create a free account to access additional in-app study resources for a limited time.
• Audio. Stream a free audio reading of any passage (internet connection required).
• Reading Plans. Start an interactive Bible reading plan and track your progress.
• Search. Search the Bible by reference, keyword, or phrase with lightning speed.
• Write. Capture your ideas and reflections while listening to a sermon or during Bible study in personal notes attached to specific passages.
• Highlight. Highlight and bookmark favorite verses with just two taps.
• Sync. Sync your highlighted verses and personal notes with ESV.org—giving you access to all of your content from any browser.
• Share. Share verses with friends and family via text message, email, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Apple Watch. Interact with God’s Word on your wrist with integrated reading plan support, custom reminders, audio, and more.
What's New in Version 3.3.3
- Fixed a number of crashes that could happen while the app was in the background.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to view Reading Plans would result in a black screen.
- Fixed a bug for iPad where sharing a verse adding a note from the verse selection tooltip was not working.
Great app but...
I love this app. I love that I can get my ESV Study Bible notes on it. I love that it has my ESV Gospel Transformation Bible notes in it as well. I love the aesthetic appeal...I just looks simple and classy. It would have 5 stars except that the reading plan section is a mess. It is fine if you only read what you are supposed to read that day. However if you read ahead it tends to forget my check marks. If you get behind it’s hard to know how much behind you are. And the audio reading feature is almost un-usable in the reading plan section as it messes everything up...boxes get checked off that shouldn’t be, it reads sections not in the plan, it crashes occasionally, etc.
I’m currently reading the ESV Study Bible plan and there is no way to tell what day I’m supposed to be on because each day’s reading shows only the current day’s date, not the day you should have read a particular set of passages.
Could you please give some attention to the reading plan section? It is such a big part of my day, and if it can’t stay on track I don’t know if I can continue to use this app. Also, I’m happy to financially support good apps so if there is a way we as your users can help you make this app better please let us know. Thank you for all your hard work so far!!!!
Best designed Bible app
This app primarily focuses on what a Bible is primarily for—reading. If only more translations were available in an app this good.
I have noticed one minor issue though. I don’t know if it’s a bug or if it’s intentional, but the sans serif font is much bolder than it used to be, which just looks a bit strange to me.
And if I can request a feature, I would love to be able to remove section headings without going into reader’s mode. I like having numbers and footnotes most of the time, but I find that sections headings seriously diminish the continuity of the text, especially in the gospels, and they aren’t very useful to me.
Good until recently
I have used this ESV Bible app for daily reading for nearly three years. For that daily reading I read chapters from 4 different books each day. It has worked fine in the past, however, recently the “History” option has not been reliable. Until the end of August the history of the most recent passage viewed, would update every time I changed to a different book. Something apparently changed in September, because in October the History would update only after I closed and then re opened the History tab. Now today, the History is not updating at all.
What is going on?
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Aug 01, 2017
- Version: 3.3.3
- Size: 69.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Crossway
- © 2014 Crossway
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- ESV Study Bible$17.99
- ESV Gospel Transformation Bible$14.99