This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The ESV Bible app was designed to be the most beautiful and intuitive Bible app available. The app includes free resources such as interactive reading plans, audio streaming, and free access to the ESV Global Study Bible.
• Read. Dig into God's Word via an elegant interface designed specifically for mobile devices. Quick access to cross-references, split-screen reading, and an innovative reader’s mode make it easy to engage with God’s Word on a deeper level.
• Study. Read the ESV Global Study Bible alongside the biblical text for free. Create a free account to access additional in-app study resources for a limited time.
• Audio. Stream a free audio reading of any passage (internet connection required).
• Reading Plans. Start an interactive Bible reading plan and track your progress.
• Search. Search the Bible by reference, keyword, or phrase with lightning speed.
• Write. Capture your ideas and reflections while listening to a sermon or during Bible study in personal notes attached to specific passages.
• Highlight. Highlight and bookmark favorite verses with just two taps.
• Sync. Sync your highlighted verses and personal notes with ESV.org—giving you access to all of your content from any browser.
• Share. Share verses with friends and family via text message, email, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Apple Watch. Interact with God’s Word on your wrist with integrated reading plan support, custom reminders, audio, and more.
What's New in Version 3.3.3
- Fixed a number of crashes that could happen while the app was in the background.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to view Reading Plans would result in a black screen.
- Fixed a bug for iPad where sharing a verse adding a note from the verse selection tooltip was not working.
No support or updates?
Been using this app with great appreciation for years. Until recently it's minimalistic interface has been easy to use. Over the last several months it has become completely unusable. Black screen and the need to reopen reading plan from beginning everyday has made it a chore. Requests for help have been met with, "we're working on it." No communication follow up.
Update: the update fixed he black screen. Thanks so much! What still doesn't seem to work is being able to choose a reading plan without having to choose it again every time I open the app. Used to be that once the reading plan was chosen it would re-open to that same plan each day. Very tedious to have to scroll through all the plans every day. I am logged out in with my user account. Can you help?
God drew me to the ESV Bible
God drew me to the ESV Bible then went to check out the website and discovered this cool app. 8/3/17 was my 46th birthday... I use to never celebrate my bd for 45 yrs felt I was a mistake but through worship learned I was chosen by Jesus Christ for this life not the biological parents that told me I never should've been born. Born again in 1996 the person I was died and I'm a new Godly woman. God draws me to the things, people & places that are of truth and continue to help me grow in my Faith. Definitely a must share because we as Christians know we must spread seeds of hope. 🙏🏼
Update seems to be working well again problem have to reload it daily to use
SEEMS TO BE FIXED! This is a great app when it works. ****I have used this for quite a while but lately (a couple months?) It initially shows the last reading from the previous day then the screen goes black and all I can do is delete the app and reload it. Discouraging! Please fix it because it was great before this started happening.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Aug 01, 2017
- Version: 3.3.3
- Size: 69.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Crossway
- © 2014 Crossway
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- ESV Study Bible$17.99
- ESV Gospel Transformation Bible$14.99