By Cosmetic Innovations, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dental Expert is a patient’s guide to understanding all aspects of dentistry and its procedures. This application includes the most frequently asked dental questions answered by the top dental experts in each field, and overseen by NYC Cosmetic & General Dentist - Dr. Marc Lazare.
This app includes:
• Everything you need to know about improving your smile
• What everyone should know to help keep their teeth for a life time
• What to do when there is a dental emergency (when home or traveling)
• The 10 best ways to keep your dental costs down
• Best ways to minimize your pain, fear and anxiety
• All of the important information you should know about your children’s dental care
• Knowing what all of your options are when missing one or more teeth
• What you should know about teeth whitening
• Understanding the Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of Oral Cancer
• A summary of Alternative Dental Therapies
• How to choose a good dentist
• What you should know about Gum Disease (Causes and treatments)
• How to prevent bad breath
• An explanation of Root Canal treatment
• Orthodontics (Braces, Invisalign, Palatal Expander, Retainers, etc.)
• A description and comparison of all types of dental restorations including Veneers, Lumineers, Crowns, Bridges, Inlays, Onlays, Tooth Colored fillings vs. Silver Fillings, etc.
• Important things you should know about Oral Surgery
• Implant Dentistry (Who is a candidate and What is involved)
• The importance of Diet and Nutrition in Dentistry
• Geriatric Care (Elder Care)
• Understanding how certain medical conditions can affect your oral health (such as Diabetes and Heart Disease, Cancer, Herpes, etc.)
• The effects of Tobacco Use on Gum Disease
• Information about your dental care when Pregnant
• What you should know about dental X-rays
• How to treat the most common dental complaints including: TMJ pain, teeth sensitivity, cracked and broken teeth, grinding, clenching, swellings, bleeding gums, etc.
• And much, much more…
Special Features include:
➢ Myths vs. Facts
➢ Dental Fun Facts
➢ Ability to ‘Ask the Expert’ a question (that will be addressed in future updates)
➢ Photo gallery of Before and After pictures (showing what can be accomplished with a smile makeover– courtesy of Dr. Marc Lazare)
➢ Charts showing the eruption and loss of Baby Teeth and the development of Adult Teeth
What's New in Version 1.6
- iAds added
I'm not sure why this app is getting such negative reviews... It's really that not bad. If anything it gives "too much info." I've worked in dentistry for 25 years, and I feel it is a good resource for people who may need some layman terms to help them understand dentistry. It's not completely textbook, and there are some grammatical errors, but it's certainly better than nothing.
This app is poorly designed and lacks content and functionality. The information contained in the app is contained in several poorly written paragraphs. The writer clearly has not mastered grammar, let alone dentistry. I would recommend finding another app from a competent developer.
This "app" reads as if written by a grammar school child. The content is simplistic and generic in nature. The user is given no useful information and often instructed to Google for information. Then why not Google instead of wasting time time on this app. In fact...
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Mar 19, 2012
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 5.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cosmetic Innovations, Inc.
- © Dr. Marc Lazare
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.