Star Walk™ HD - 5 Stars Astronomy Guide
By Vito Technology Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
No In App purchases necessary! Star Walk is a classic augmented reality tool for identifying stars, planets, constellations, comets, ISS, satellites, star clusters, nebulae and meteor showers in the night sky. Astronomy pictures, widget support and renewing calendar are great for your daily experience.
***Over 8 million users! Winner of Apple Design Award 2010***
Star Walk is the most beautiful stargazing app you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. It will become your go-to interactive astro guide to the night sky, following your every movement in real-time and allowing you to explore over 200, 000 celestial bodies with extensive information about stars and constellations that you find.
Get started quickly
• Launch the app and point your iPhone at the night sky, you'll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place from your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time. The Moon is the easiest first target.
• Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
• Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
Go deeper and beyond
• Every object you tap has an (i) next to its name, tap it to access information.
• A scale on right is the Time Machine, slide it to explore the map of the night sky of tomorrow or years ago.
• A calendar of celestial events will make sure you never miss anything interesting.
• TelRad will help you find the exact position of an object when stargazing with a telescope.
Share your experience
• Project to a big screen with no picture quality loss. Star Walk is your personal planetarium.
• Explore stunning space pictures in Picture of the Day.
• There is an entire stargazing twitter community within Star Walk - don't miss out!
Duran Duran's keyboard Nick Rhodes mentions Star Walk as his favorite app:
"With the Star Walk app, if you hold your iPod up towards the sky, you can see all the stars and constellations. It even tells you the names of all the planets. Then, if you point it towards the ground, it shows you what all the stars are in the other hemisphere. It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go."
What's New in Version 7.0.4
- Optimized for iOS 8
- New widget: time of sunset and sunrise, current moon phase, and list of upcoming astronomy events on your Today screen
To add the new widget, just head to the Today view in your notification center and click Edit. Never miss a cool eclipse again!
Still the best astronomy app.
Update: it pains me to say Star Walk is superior to the months-old Star Walk 2. The new app is harder to use. Too much glitz which is beautiful but gets in the way of using the app.
So much information, so little dark sky! New apps may come and go but Star Walk continues to be the best astronomy sky app. It makes me wish I lived in the country where I could get a better look at the stars.
Great way to learn about the night sky
This is an awesome app. The graphics are spectacular. Need to know what the sky was like on any date? You can get it here.
Want a to learn or teach your children about the constellations and orbiting technology? Everything we know is up there and a quick look will answer any questions you (or the kids) may have.
Great for all ages
We are on vacation in Mexico with friends and we used the app to look at the beautiful night sky. Amazed every time I open this app, everywhere I go from Mexico to Tahoe to Alabama. Worth every cent!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 06, 2014
- Version: 7.0.4
- Size: 86.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Vito Technology Inc.
- © 2009-2013 Vito Technology, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.