Beautiful Planet HD: A Photographic Journey Around the World
By Banzai Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
30% OFF SALE! * Named an App Store Essential by Apple * An Award-Winning app that captures the breathtaking beauty of our world and its cultures with a collection of galleries three decades in the making by Travel Photographer and Explorer, Peter Guttman. * Beautiful Planet includes over 600 images spanning seven continents and 170 countries. * Featured on Wired.com as "One of 5 Sweet Apps for your iPad" and on NBCNews.com as One of 8 Outstanding Apps for Students. * Featured by Apple in Top 5 Summer Apps, Travel Top 10 Staff Picks, App Store Essentials, Staff Favorites, Apps for the Great Outdoors, Planetary Science, and Great Coffee Table Apps! * Includes a fully interactive, zoomable map, beautiful galleries combined with Peter Guttman's vivid writing. * Scholastic.com named Beautiful Planet an app for the "21st Century Classroom" and described it as "a visually stunning photographic tour of 160 different countries".
** Wired.com named Beautiful Planet a Top 10 iPad App they were most excited about!
Each photograph is accompanied by Peter Guttman's description of the moment when each photograph was taken.
Includes Facebook sharing of images with your own personal message, and a built-in music player to listen to your iTunes music while you use the app.
All at once a savvy encyclopedia of the world, a striking art gallery, an evocative poetry selection and an inspiring travel planner, Beautiful Planet is a lovingly curated, incisively written and joyous portrait of the planet -- a rich resource of knowledge about the wonders of the world around us.
** Reviews of Peter Guttman's work **
* "Stunning images...sumptuous, dramatically lit shots."
-- New York Times
* "One of the premiere travel photographers."
* "Guttman's photographs capture the spirit of a place."
* "Such a beautiful vision."
-- CBS This Morning
* "His photographs all seem to glow from an inner light."
-- Dallas Morning News
* "Peter Guttman is a gutsy photographer who has taken pictures all over the world and paints glorious word-pictures with extraordinary photographs."
-- Popular Photography
*** About Peter Guttman ***
Two times named the Lowell Thomas Travel Journalist of the Year, called a "one-man Explorers Club" in the New York Times, and with zero inhibitions, Peter Guttman has blanketed the planet to create a far-reaching survey of both nearby dazzling landmarks and unknown, intriguing corners of our terrestrial home.
The author and creator of a hardcover award-winning book series for Fodors Travel Publications, an on-air expert for the Travel Channel and A&E Television and the recipient of solo photographic exhibitions at Sotheby's and the United Nations, Peter Guttman skillfully introduces the user to the marvels of our planet.
*** Honors and Awards ***
* Twice selected by Apple as an "iTunes Staff Favorite"
* Featured as an "iTunes Rewind 2010 Top Ten in Travel"
* Featured in new iTunes "Classic Coffee Table" section.
* Featured app for the iTunes "Apps for the Great Outdoors" section.
* Winner of the 2010 "Northern Lights Award for Excellence in Travel Journalism and Photography".
* Named one of the Top 5 Summer Vacation Apps by tipb.com
* Proclaimed "One of Five Sweet Apps for your iPad" and one of "Ten Apps We're Excited To Try" by Wired.com
* Named a "Top 10 iPad App for Education" by BrightHub.com
* The Top Selling Travel Photography App in the App Store Travel category
Photographs and image description are Copyright 2012 Peter Guttman and legally licensed by permission of Peter Guttman.
What's New in Version 5.0
Thank you for making Beautiful Planet HD the Top Selling app of its kind for over four years!
In this update we've introduced a number of new features and of course more beautiful images curated and artfully described by Award-Winning Travel Journalist Peter Guttman.
- New images - Now more than 600 amazing photographs!
- Increased image resolution to take advantage of the latest iPad.
- App is Universal with built-in interfaces for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch with automatic image optimization for beautiful images on every device!
- Updated and improved UI
- Increased size of thumbnail viewer for easier navigation
- Added additional configuration options for the homescreen slideshow
- Added new homescreen gallery navigation
Bringing Education to Life Once Again
Another beautiful content rich engaging app. After purchasing Peter Guttman & Bonzai Lab's other app, Children Around The World I was compelled not only to evaluated the instructional technology side, but to live vicariously through the Beautiful Planet App as I did through Mr. Guttman's Children Around The World app. And might I say... it was everything I'd hoped it would be. Another fabulous way for students to experience culture around the world and make the geographical connection while seamlessly navigating the app engaging our planet first hand. The images are warm and so deeply filled with color, image information is so rich cultural facts and the geographical pin points are so spot on, it brings this application to life. As an Instructional Technologist I have to say once more, "This approach is the very way in which education must move to fully engage and motivate our students in our content"
In this new update, the image quality is mind blowing as the photographs seem to pop off the screen like never before.
This must have app provides a dazzling view of our world and blends it with fascinating information and enthralling writing. It's so refreshing to find original content that's not scraped from Wikipedia, but rather the creative mind of an artist and explorer. The beauty of the images and the fantastic cultural focus can keep any curious traveler occupied for hours. An all-star application that is an essential resource for wanderers that like to be inspired.
Great photography but...
Nowhere in the description does it say, nor do the sample pictures indicate, that there are so very many pictures of people. Personally, if I want lovely pictures to relax with, I don't want so many people looking back at me. I was hoping it would be mostly landscapes. There should be some mention of how many portraits there are. Well, I guess now there is.
Other than that the photos are quite amazing.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 03, 2012
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 714 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Banzai Labs Inc.
- © Banzai Labs Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.