By Bonnier Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Popular Science+ is the re-imagined and re-designed digital version of Popular Science magazine. It has ALL the same content as the print magazine, along with special iPad-only features.
POPULAR SCIENCE+ SAMPLER:
Free with this app, see what all the excitement is about!
We’ve put together this compilation of some of the best features from the past few months of Popular Science+ for your pleasure. Browse through this sampler to share the experience of reading Popular Science on the iPad!
March 2014 issue highlights:
• Sleep. How to Do It Right—Our comprehensive guide to how it works, the problems that surround poor shut-eye, and how to get a better night’s rest.
• Wood Skyscrapers—The building material of the future is straight out of the past. Wood may soon remake skylines.
• The Garbage Man—Mike Biddle has an innovative method for recycling plastic. If only he could get his hands on everyone’s waste, he could change the way new products are made.
• The Car That Runs on Air—The idea of an air-powered car has been long-promised. Automaker PSA Peugeot Citroën bets it will come to fruition by 2016.
• Now—A space-age Bluetooth speaker, the first generation of smart glasses, a tiny robot with perfect balance, and more!
• Next—The science of what determines taste, what escapes a black hole, Neil deGrasse Tyson’s outer-space insight, and more!
• Manual——A bike generator for disastrous situations, a running belt that shows your speed with LEDs, a man who made a career out of building Rube Goldberg machines, and more!
• 1-year (12 issues) subscription for $14.99 - You save 74%!
• 1-month subscription for $1.99
Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
INSTRUCTIONS TO USE THIS APP:
*Please note that most stories are constructed in two layers, one on top of the other.
-Swipe left or right to BROWSE through the magazine.
-Swipe up or down to READ an article.
-Tap the screen to ACCESS the menu.
-A SINGLE TAP will call up the menu and navigation system; tap again to remove it.
-Tap the UPPER-RIGHT CORNER to bookmark an article.
Missing issues after update? Tap the “Missing Issues?” button in the Library and sign in to the iTunes account you used to buy the issues originally. They should reappear in your Library.
E-mail us with any questions, problems, or even just feedback at: email@example.com
What's New in Version 4.4.2
Minor tweaks and improvements
Let's take advantage of our long term costumers
I find it reprehensible to charge faithful customers more money when you do not have the paper cost, mailing costs, and all the additional expenses of handling tons of magazines.
When the ads provide a lot of income one would think they would find beneficial to have the publication travel with the customer on his iPad.
This app take a lot of space ! !!!
Why don't you make an option to delete some of the magazine instead of keeping them
I have to delete the whole app to be able to release the data -cache
Good content - bad app
Lots of good articles and content but the app doesn't have a natural feel and is frustrating to navigate. Cancelled my subscription.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 05, 2014
- Version: 4.4.2
- Size: 13.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bonnier Corporation
- © Popular Science
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Popular Science+ Magazine$14.99
- Popular Science+ Magazine$1.99
- December 2011$2.99
- June 2010$2.99
- May 2010$2.99
- April 2010$2.99
- July 2010$2.99
- March 2011$2.99
- December 2010$2.99
- June 2011$2.99