By Bonnier Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FROM OUR LATEST ISSUE, August 2015
• Dispatches from the Future — Ten of the brightest minds in science fiction imagine how we will live on Earth—and beyond—in the decades and centuries to come.
• Wish You Were Here — You won’t need a rocket to experience space. Instead, a balloon will bring you up for a slower trip—complete with cocktails.
• Bugged — We’re taught to fear the germs that inhabit our homes and buildings. But our health might depend on those microbial neighbors.
• The Dry Spell — The effects of California’s worst drought in history are obvious. What scientists can’t explain is why it’s happening.
• Now — A high-speed electric bike, the camera to make virtual reality feel real, a surfboard made by a rocket scientist, and more!
• Next — Vint Cerf on the future of the Internet, why your next pet should be a robot, what’s really on your dinner plate, and more!
• Manual — Putting out flames with sound, how to make your own candy-grabbing machine, the rise of the MegaBot, and more!
• 1-year (12 issues) subscription for $14.99 - You save 74%!
• 1-month subscription for $1.99
Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
What's New in Version 5.3.15
Update now for app improvements to enhance your reading experience:
-New storefront look
-Updated Help page
-Bug and stability fixes
We appreciate your feedback so please keep it coming!
Poor update, without issues warning
This latest update seems rushed. I now know that only older issues are affected by the pdf-scan style pages, so I can understand if the update broke something in the old digital issues. I can give a star back for that. A one-time pop-up would have been nice to explain the issue though.
But this new update is still much slower than it used to be--or at least I perceive it to be. Pages shouldn't load halfway, giving you a blurry image to look at until it fully loads. The old app simply had white pages until it loaded fully, which still didn't seem to take as long as in this new update.
Couldn't access subscription
I subscribed to the digital issue of this magazine with hopes of sharing it with my teenage boys. They love anything to do with science and technology. I have not had access to the magazines since day one and never got a real reply back as to why. They have no record of my subscription but they have all of my account information and charged me for another year. I had to go through iTunes to get my subscription canceled and get my money back since the magazine company would not respond.
Absolutely the worst update. I enjoyed previous reading experience with normal fonts and interactive pages, easy navigation, simple layout. Now it is all gone. Fonts are way too small, it feels like you are reading scanned magazine in pdf format, constantly zooming in on small fonts, images are low quality as well. It really wasn't a problem to download 500mb for one issue, now it's 30mb of unreadable pages. If issue won't get resolved, I'm canceling my subscription.
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 18, 2015
- Version: 5.3.15
- Size: 14.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bonnier Corporation
- © Popular Science
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Popular Science+ Magazine$14.99
- Popular Science+ Magazine$1.99
- June 2010$2.99
- April 2010$2.99
- December 2011$2.99
- July 2010$2.99
- May 2010$2.99
- March 2011$2.99
- December 2010$2.99
- June 2011$2.99