By Bonnier Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FROM OUR LATEST ISSUE, APRIL 2015
• How It Works—Ever wonder what happens when you fall into a black hole? Us too. Get an inside look at virtual reality, the Large Hadron Collider, and, of course, black holes in our 10th annual How It Works issue.
• Counter Piracy—Brute force isn’t enough to eliminate pirate attacks, so, start-ups are creating clever new technology to fight back.
• Greetings From the Quiet Zone—Green Bank, West Virginia, doesn’t have cell service, Wi-Fi, or radio frequencies—and that’s why people are moving there.
• Yes, You Can Reverse Disease—We explore the novel treatments poised to turn back the clock on devastating illnesses such as Alzheimer’s.
• Now—A speaker system that reads your mood, an app that puts an orchestra in your pocket, an in-depth look at the Dark Web, and more!
• Next—Jimmy Carter on eradicating disease, a birder’s guide to the future, wind-powered public transit, and more!
• Manual—Three ways to teach your old printer new tricks, how to get a fish to walk on land, an umbrella stand that predicts the weather, and more!
• 1-year (12 issues) subscription for $14.99 - You save 74%!
• 1-month subscription for $1.99
Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
What's New in Version 5.3.15
Update now for app improvements to enhance your reading experience:
-New storefront look
-Updated Help page
-Bug and stability fixes
We appreciate your feedback so please keep it coming!
Poor update, without issues warning
This latest update seems rushed. I now know that only older issues are affected by the pdf-scan style pages, so I can understand if the update broke something in the old digital issues. I can give a star back for that. A one-time pop-up would have been nice to explain the issue though.
But this new update is still much slower than it used to be--or at least I perceive it to be. Pages shouldn't load halfway, giving you a blurry image to look at until it fully loads. The old app simply had white pages until it loaded fully, which still didn't seem to take as long as in this new update.
Why did they ruin the old issues?
After the update the old versions of the Magazines were PDF scans of the paper editions. I pay extra to HAVE the digital edition, the digital scans are unreadable on the iPad. I was behind by several issues and am really upset about loosing the real digital versions. Thankfully it does look like the NEW editions are back to normal. If they had stopped making the digital edition I literally would have canceled my subscription to both the digital and paper versions.
Couldn't access subscription
I subscribed to the digital issue of this magazine with hopes of sharing it with my teenage boys. They love anything to do with science and technology. I have not had access to the magazines since day one and never got a real reply back as to why. They have no record of my subscription but they have all of my account information and charged me for another year. I had to go through iTunes to get my subscription canceled and get my money back since the magazine company would not respond.
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 18, 2015
- Version: 5.3.15
- Size: 14.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bonnier Corporation
- © Popular Science
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Popular Science+ Magazine$14.99
- Popular Science+ Magazine$1.99
- June 2010$2.99
- April 2010$2.99
- December 2011$2.99
- July 2010$2.99
- May 2010$2.99
- March 2011$2.99
- December 2010$2.99
- June 2011$2.99