Wikipanion for iPad
By Robert Chin
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wikipanion arrives for the iPad!
Accessing Wikipedia has never been faster and easier than with Wikipanion, designed for easy, search, navigation and display of Wikipedia entries. Streamline your browsing with history grouped by visit date, and bookmarking that not only bookmarks individual entries, but individual sections within an entry. Featuring intelligent features such as:
- Table of contents browser that knows where you are in the page
- Multiple search methods including Smart completion with entry preview, Google searching and a full text Wikipedia search
- Dual language searching and language switching (hiding languages you don't care about)
- Bookmark, including bookmarking individual sections of pages
- History, grouped by last visit date
- Full in-page searching
- Wiktionary dictionary term looking without leaving the current page
- Table based category browsing
- iCloud syncing
- Image saving to the Photo library
- Ogg vorbis audio playback for dictionary pronunciations and other audio content available on Wikipedia
- Article coordinate link shows location on map
- Contextual knowledge for sending links to specific sections in a Wikipedia entry
- Easily turn on automatic focusing of the search field on launch
Tip: Click into the search bar to cancel a page load request. To refresh a page, visit the page, click in the search bar and then hit "enter" again keeping the same page name.
See the Wikipanion web site for more details about all of the available features.
What's New in Version 1.8.80
- Bug fixes
This is the best app for searching the Wikipedia site. After using the Wikipedia app, which has some hiccups. The Wikipanion app just functions logically. If you want to go back the previous page, it takes you back to the last place you left off in the article. Where as with other apps it takes you to the beginning of the last app. Use it long enough and you will see why it is annoying. This is simply a well designed app.
Wonderful app, bad bookmark syncing
Bookmarks are saved on a device by device basis and are kept separate. This produces a bunch of founders and navigation trees that isn't needed. Instead there should just be one set of bookmarks that are synced to every device. Please change this soon. Bookmarks are the only reason I use this app, otherwise I could just use a web browser. The app is great otherwise.
Continues to be better than Wikipedia’s app.
Good format. Quick access (¡important!). Wikipanion’s a pro. (I’m not sure I see how the upgrade would be worth my while…)
The stock Wikipedia app is a Wikipanion wannabe.
(Feature request: Wikipedia sign-on and all that goes with it. Yeah, asking too much.)
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 04, 2015
- Version: 1.8.80
- Size: 8.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Robert Chin
- © 2010-2014 Robert Chin
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.