Wikipanion for iPad
By Robert Chin
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wikipanion arrives for the iPad!
Accessing Wikipedia has never been faster and easier than with Wikipanion, designed for easy, search, navigation and display of Wikipedia entries. Streamline your browsing with history grouped by visit date, and bookmarking that not only bookmarks individual entries, but individual sections within an entry. Featuring intelligent features such as:
- Table of contents browser that knows where you are in the page
- Multiple search methods including Smart completion with entry preview, Google searching and a full text Wikipedia search
- Dual language searching and language switching (hiding languages you don't care about)
- Bookmark, including bookmarking individual sections of pages
- History, grouped by last visit date
- Full in-page searching
- Wiktionary dictionary term looking without leaving the current page
- Table based category browsing
- iCloud syncing
- Image saving to the Photo library
- Ogg vorbis audio playback for dictionary pronunciations and other audio content available on Wikipedia
- Article coordinate link shows location on map
- Contextual knowledge for sending links to specific sections in a Wikipedia entry
- Easily turn on automatic focusing of the search field on launch
Tip: Click into the search bar to cancel a page load request. To refresh a page, visit the page, click in the search bar and then hit "enter" again keeping the same page name.
See the Wikipanion web site for more details about all of the available features.
What's New in Version 1.9.1
- Fixes a page layout issue
- iOS 9
Beats Wikipedia's app by far. I use it daily.
Good format. Quick access. (Feature request: Wikipedia sign-on)
This is THE app for accessing Wikipedia. (Wikipedia's app is hokey. They are unresponsive to suggestions even from donators!)
I'm not sure what the premium version would buy...
God I love this app! To have Wikipedia and Wiktionary in a single wrapper is sublime. My most used iOS app after my email client. Made me a very happy fellow! Many thanks to the development team. And also the Wiki* folks of course.
Someone commented Wikipedia isn't reliable. I love it, close enough for quick day to day look ups. Get over it naysayer.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Sep 22, 2015
- Version: 1.9.1
- Size: 5.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Robert Chin
- © 2010-2015 Robert Chin
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPad.