iMockups for iPad
By Endloop Systems Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
☆☆☆☆☆ Winner of Applied Arts - Best Mobile App 2010 Award
☆☆☆☆☆ App Star Runner up - Best Utility App 2010 Award
iMockups for iPad is the PREMIERE mobile wireframing and mockup app for your web, iPhone and iPad projects.
"If you weren’t planning to buy an iPad, this app alone could very well change your mind." - Chris Pirillo, Tech Expert for CNN.com
"iMockups could actually play an integral role in how you tackle new projects" - Computer Arts Magazine
"iMockups is a must have tool for web designers, iPhone developers and really anyone looking to design a UI starting with a good wireframe mock up." - iPadInCanada.ca
"We think designers are going to adore this. Talk about a great idea to take advantage of all that screen." - Brian X. Chen, Wired Magazine
8/10 - Featured on AppCraver.com's "must-have apps for the iPad" list
"iMockups looks like a good tool for those of you who are tired of carrying around that sketchbook, pencil, and eraser for capturing your app ideas." - Steven Sande, TUAW.com
****Featured by Apple, Wired, Mashable.com, MacRumors, TUAW.com, and more*****
Created exclusively for the iPad, iMockups combines a beautiful interface with intuitive functionality, taking full advantage of the breakthrough touchscreen device.
iMockups is simple to use but make no mistake, it's a serious app for creative professionals.
DESIGN ANY APP YOU WANT
- A comprehensive and growing list of pre-built dynamic controls (for Web, iPhone and iPad) help turn your ideas into full fledged designs at the office or on the go.
- Low fidelity mockups encourages feedback, communicates ideas clearly and helps your team and clients focus on the functionality.
- Create mockups faster than ever. With snap-to-gridlines and a customizable canvas, our intuitive multi-touch interface is a joy to use.
SHARE AND COLLABORATE
- Email editable projects to your colleague's or client's iPads for easy collaboration. For those without iPads, just export to PNG or Balsamiq BMML format.
- iMockups supports multiple projects and each project can have multiple pages. Manage them easily from our Project view.
- We're proud of iMockups and we want to make sure our customers are happy. We have dedicated support staff to insure this.
- Get creative with our ever expanding variety of smart customizable UI controls like navbars, tab panels, pickers, and markup elements
- The gorgeous interface not only makes it a joy to look and touch, it’s designed to let you work the way you want. Panels easily slide out of the way when you don’t need them.
- Collaborate and discuss your designs quickly and easily with full-screen Presentation mode.
- Full content creation and editing controls like Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste and Zoom.
**IMPORTANT TIPS: PLEASE READ!**
- Visit our iMockups YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/imockups for video previews and tutorials!
- Tap TOOLS > HELP for an overview of controls.
- you must use TWO FINGERS to PAN the canvas since a single finger will select elements
- iMockups is meant for LOW FIDELITY mockups best used for rapid wireframing, brainstorming and ideation.
- Low fidelity mockups helps you, your team and your clients focus on FUNCTIONALITY and FLOW, and not get caught up over what shade of cornflower blue your icon should be.
- VISIT OUR BLOG http://blog.endloop.ca and follow @EndloopStudios and @iMockups on Twitter for the latest news!
We're committed to supporting iMockups. We've released over 10 updates since launch adding tons of new features!
What's New in Version 1.3.1
- Bug Fix: Reordering pages
- Increased maximum canvas size
Amazingly useful if you design user experiences
I had tried using wireframe apps for the desktop many years ago and they were adding unnecessary layers of cruft to the noble and useful process of building wireframes and storyboards. I usually retreated to Illustrator for that, but it was another chore to undertake. This app, in comparison, is like speeding down the UI design highway! It practically begs you to create a high-level web or app prototype for client review. Running the mockup on your iPad at meetings really brings it home to the client and the email as PDF feature is highly useful. And since it's on the iPad, the ability to work with both hands simultaneously instead of manipulating a mouse with a single hand felt like flying. The developers also managed to include precise placement tools within the app that allowed for as much precision as the user desires. I look forward to the day when all of my design work will be done on an iPad, if this is a glimpse of how good it can be.
Want more control
I like the idea of this app, particularly for getting ideas down and designing for mobile, on mobile. In the few times that I've used this app thus far, I find myself getting lost in the details though of trying to figure out if the app supports what I want to to instead of facilitating me doing it. I wish that I had more text controls like being able to adjust text alignment. I expect to be able to long press an object to open the info menu instead of having to touch once to open and then select info. It's by far the feature I'm using the most, and quickly being able to access it would make the experience better. Also I think that the grouping of objects is a little clunky or counterintuitive, I've tried a few times and have given up at this point. I don't expect the program to be as powerful as axure, illustrator or Visio, but I have high hopes to continue to use it since I can't use balsamiq on the iPad and am not going to pay $50 for omnigraffle.
A Very Weak App
I've never felt the need to write a review for an app before, but iMockups is so disappointing, that I wanted to make sure that others were aware of its numerous deficiencies.
To start, the layout is horrendous - its crowded and unintuitive. If your fingers aren't ridiculously small, you'll find the interface incredibly cramped. You'll find difficulty performing simple tasks such as changing the orientation of the page. Next you'll likely realize that it's not actually possible to automatically center objects. But that doesn't really matter when you're restricted to a small set of dull, uninspired objects. You can't add photos. You can't change the font type (or use bold/italics for that matter). You can't accomplish much of anything with iMockups.
Bottom line, you won't find a great wireframing app for $7.00; somehow though, I still wish that I could get my money back.