Gusto - Code Editor and FTP Client
By Garden Bay Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Manage and edit your sites with Gusto!
(Please note that this app is not compatible with IOS7. We are working on an update, but cannot provide a release date. If you are using IOS7, please do not purchase this app at this time.)
Gusto was created to embrace the workflow of web development on the iPad. Quickly identify your project with a beautifully generated thumbnail of your website. Open your project and download multiple files and folders at a time from your FTP or SFTP server. Gusto allows you to open multiple documents in tabs for faster navigation. After editing, preview your document locally to quickly see your updates. When it's time to make your changes live, transfer your documents via the built-in FTP/SFTP client or the easy to use document publishing.
- Project-Driven Workflow
- Syntax Highlighting for all major web languages
- Themed Syntax Highlighting
- Tabbed Editor
- Line Numbering
- Hard and Soft Line Breaks
- Mono-spaced Font
- Built-in File Transfer Client supports FTP, SFTP, FTPS, and Dropbox
- Toolbar for Frequently Used Keys
- One-Button Document Publishing
- Built-in Local and Remote Site Previews
- Project State is Autosaved
NEW!! Check out Gusto Mobile for your iPhone and iPod.
What's New in Version 1.3.2
- CSS3 Tag syntax highlighting
- Date stamp of files now includes a timestamp
- Project View now has show/hide buttons for the file list (two-finger swiping also works)
- Project View now has both undo and redo buttons for text editing
- Binary files can be previewed in the Project View file list, but not accidentally opened (preventing system freeze)
- Binary files are filtered out of the Open Selected selection in the File Manager menu (again preventing system freeze)
- Minor improvements to the menu system
- Project settings dialog views will again orient to landscape mode
- Multiple minor fixes
- Crashes on IOS4.x devices - Gusto now only supports IOS 5.1 and above - update your OS!
- Connection Manager: for developers that may work with several websites on the same server, we will be managing connections separately. This way a developer may create numerous projects and select from a list of previously defined connections. It will not affect existing projects.
- Syntax highlighting for more languages
- Editor improvements
Great App, 1 bug
This app is great for editing my web pages when I can't be at a computer. I have an iPad 4 (think that's the fixed ver. of 3, not sure), and it works great. The only problem is that when I try to delete a local file, it gives me a cocoa error 4. If I hit refresh, it goes away. I would also like it to have a remote editor, because if I update something via SSH on a computer, and I forget to download a new copy, I erase all of my progress. Fix these two things, and this will be a five-star app.
Love this app
But I've been getting a lot of crashes lately. I can't import files from iTunes and I often get crashes when publishing files.
Everything used to work so well, and I love the new features but the crashes are getting to be a problem.
An abandoned hulk
This was once a fine app for mobile website management. It was one of my first purchases for working on my iPad while traveling. But the developer has abandoned it and disappeared. No updates since 2012, developer's website gone. Gusto crashes frequently, cannot be trusted.
I long ago switched to Textastic for this kind of work.
Apple should remove Gusto from the App Store.