Big Bad Sudoku Book
By Bad Weasel, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The only sudoku game to reach the top of the app store charts. Has been ranked as the #1 app in the overall iPad chart in 10 countries including the United States. A top 10 game in 72 countries!
It's been called the "Best Sudoku Game on ANY platform". Sudoku Book is an essential game for every iPhone or iPad. It's been featured by Apple in What's Hot, New and Noteworthy, Game Center Games, Game Starter Kit, and recently in Popular Puzzlers.
If you like Sudoku you have to try Big Bad Sudoku Book. It's our opinion that many other versions of the game sort of take the fun out of it. They won't let you enter in wrong numbers, and if you ask for a hint they straight up give you the answer to a cell. Why not just put up a puzzle and solve it for you? I'll tell you why, cause that's not fun! Our approach is a lot different. Our hints guide you to answers without flat out giving it away. We provide the tools you need to solve the puzzle with your brain, just like a real paper sudoku book but better!
*** "If Apple made a sudoku game I think it would look like this" - Dytavio ***
Change The Look!! Version 3 adds a fun twist on the classic game with new downloadable themes and challenging new puzzle book campaigns. But this is not a freemium app.. Sudoku Book's core functionality is all included. It has unlimited free play in all levels and all the same features as the previous version plus more.
*** "The whole look is perfect... This is the best sudoku interface of the five sudoku apps I have downloaded. I suspect the rest will be removed from my iPad" - GrayerBeard ***
Puzzle scoring brings an arcade game feel to sudoku and provides a metric for challenges. Sudoku Book uses an exclusive method of scoring games based on the difficulty of each answer - not based on time. Now there are two parts to the puzzle, how to solve it and how to get a higher score.
We listen to our users and have added many features based on user requests. Tech support is available within the app as a direct email to the developer. And we respond. Already in version 3 we've been in contact with many users and are fixing things based on their input.
*** The "Best Sudoku got better. Still the most like pen and paper. I love the interface. New changes made the best better." - pluto6 ***
Sudoku Book 3 adds new puzzle types and a new difficulty level. All puzzles are guaranteed to have a single solution and be solvable without guessing. Harder puzzles do require some advanced solving techniques.
Also added are many new user requested features like auto removal of marks, number counts (how many of each number is on the board), and the ability to turn off manual highlighting and the mistake smudges.
Optimized for the iPhone5 screen!
What's New in Version 3.2
Fixed Game Center Achievement reporting.
Other minor bug fixes.
Eats a lot of my free time...
... and is great for my old brain! Loved playing pencil/paper versions, but this is even more fun! Downloaded the free version & have four book upgrades... just because I play this so freakin' often!
Only two things I'd like to see in future upgrades:
1. A place under the grid box that will show any digit that is "golden" (I've found them all of that digit) so I can see at a glance which ones I don't have to search for anymore in that game
2. The option to stats in the Leaderboard/Achievements/etc for versions of the game I can't play anymore (version 2 after the version 3 update, for example). I don't want to delete them, just have the option of looking only at the stats for the current version I'm playing
Thanks! Other than that, can't think of one way to improve this game!
Nothing else is close
Like others I have played other Sudoku aps and this is by far the best. Clean and easy to use interface, puzzles at all levels, and hints when you get stuck. Can they make changes and upgrades ...sure, like other reviewers I love to see the numbers on the key pad drop away once a series is complete. Hate hitting one by mistake the -18 points like a little shot in the back. I enjoy the scoring system and getting a 94 when you figure out a more complex pattern that reveals a hidden value is cool feature. I have Never!!! Had the game crash. Smooth as silk. If you are looking for a good Sudoku game look no farther....this is it.
Extreme Care Needed to Use this App
Re iPad version:
1. Notes keypad is way too small for normal sized fingers. Also too close to primary keypad.
2. The three icons below notes keypad are too close. Too easy to hit accidentally.
3. The X button does not always restore notes properly after deletion. This has to be a foolproof undo button. EDIT: This is a critical bug that makes a real mess if you make a mistake because it does not restore notes properly after using the X button. Notes in OTHER CELLS are not restored.
4. No way to highlight all single note numbers. E.g., all candidate 3s.
5. Incorrect selections should be flagged immediately. (Optionally, of course.)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 16, 2013
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 50.5 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Bad Weasel, LLC
- © 2013 Bad Weasel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- INVASION! Wave Two$1.99
- Tin Toy ThemeFree