StudioMini XL ♬ Recording Studio
By Otreus Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★★★★★ Multi-platinum band Gorillaz used StudioMini XL on their latest album The Fall!!
➜ StudioMini XL is a powerful yet easy to use recording studio for your iPad with CD quality audio, pro audio loops & much more!
- PRO AUDIO QUALITY: Records in 44.1 kHz / 16 bit pro quality audio, the crystal clear and uncompressed standard for CDs.
- WAV AUDIO FILES: Records mono or stereo WAV audio files, the universally used Linear PCM format. Recorded files and loops will work on any computer with any audio software.
- MULTITRACKING: Multitrack record on 8 tracks.
- INPUT MONITORING: Listen to audio input in real time through StudioMini XL with the lowest latency your device can handle.
- AUDIO LOOPS: Additional loops track with 78 built-in professionally produced loops spanning 13 styles of music. Includes BPM display.
- METRONOME: Part of the loops track, and sampled from a classic metronome to sound like the real thing.
- MIXDOWN: Create final mixes in the WAV or AAC formats. Download to your computer, or email right from your iPad.
- SYNC: Download your files to your computer using Wi-Fi Sync or iTunes File Sharing.
- IMPORT: Add files into StudioMini XL from your Music Library, or through iTunes File Sharing and then import into StudioMini XL tracks.
- NOTES: Each song comes with a notepad for keeping track of notes, lyrics, chord progressions etc.
- SOLO, MUTE, RECORD ENABLE BUTTONS: Available for each track, just like on professional hardware mixers.
- STATUS LEDS: Simulated LEDs lights on top of each track indicate whether the track has a recording on it, to help prevent recording over good takes.
- TUNER: Pitch generator with accompanying standard and alternative tuning reference chart for many popular instruments.
- COUNT-IN: Sets up the tempo before recording starts to keep you in perfect time.
- MULTIPLE SONG FILES: Record and save as many songs as your device can fit.
- PRO AUDIO TIMING: Pro audio synchronization and latency compensation.
- DELETE PROTECTION: Confirmation checks for track and song deletes, to prevent erasing accidentally.
- TIMELINE: Timeline slider enables moving back and forth to any spot in the song.
- PRO MIXER FADERS & METERS: Calibrated faders and meters for adjusting and monitoring track audio levels.
- REPEAT SONG SWITCH: Turn song repeat on/off.
- USER MANUAL: Full 33 page pdf manual that's bundled in StudioMini XL. Read it in StudioMini XL, or open in iBooks or any pdf reader/editor app.
StudioMini XL includes a collection of 78 loops spanning 13 styles. These audio tracks are professionally produced and are only available with StudioMini XL. There are no repetitive 1 bar loops that sound dated or cheesy, these are new and inspiring 4 to 8 bar patterns that sound real and “feel” right.
- Acoustic Pop Rock
- Modern Rock
- Classic Rock
- Reggae / Ska
- R&B / Hip Hop
- Latin / Brazilian
➜ Examples of what you can do with StudioMini XL:
- Record a song with your band. Connect with a mixer and use professional studio microphones to record your next hit with StudioMini XL, then create an AAC mix and email it straight from your iPad.
- Keep track of your songwriting ideas, riffs, raps, whatever you like. Never loose that great idea again.
- Use it for practicing: record some chords, then practice your scales, improvisation, a song you’re learning, etc. Or just use the metronome & drum grooves to keep you in time while you practice.
- Use it as a field recorder. Record a lecture, your band's rehearsal, keep track of your thoughts.
- Record a cover song and show off your vocals: pick a loop, have a friend play guitar (keys, synth etc.), add a bass line and then sing or rap over it.
What's New in Version 2.1.6
new in 2.1.6
✔ Fixed a bug that was causing some crashes during mixdown.
My favorite recording app, by far
I'm a singer and started off using StudioMini on my iPhone and absolutely loving it. When I got my iPad I had to buy Studiomini xl. i use it for recording long songwriting sessions with my guitar player and my producer. We also do demos of the ideas we like with guitars, bass & drums and then import the tracks into Pro Tools. Love both apps and would recommend to anyone. 5 stars+
I wish that the application had audio effects(FX) as so many of the other competitors do. I hope to see a list of audio effects soon. This is my only means of recording right now, and I would like to make it sound not only as professional as possible, but as close to the sound I was going for as well. Hope it is taken into consideration!
Ignore the naysayers
If you want a lot of effects then GarageBand would be better, but this is an easy to use, stable, intuitive program.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 01, 2012
- Version: 2.1.6
- Size: 254 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Otreus Inc.
- © 2009-2011 Otreus Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.