StudioMini XL - Your trusty music recorder
By Otreus Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The recording app used by multi-platinum band Gorillaz on their album 'The Fall'
StudioMini XL is a powerful yet easy to use recording studio for your iPad with pro quality audio, pro audio loops & much more!
- PRO AUDIO QUALITY: Records in 44.1 kHz / 16 bit pro quality audio, the crystal clear and uncompressed standard.
- WAV AUDIO FILES: Records mono or stereo WAV audio files, the universally used Linear PCM format. Recorded files and loops will work on any computer with any audio software.
- MULTITRACKING: Multitrack record on 8 tracks.
- INPUT MONITORING: Listen to audio input in real time through StudioMini XL with the lowest latency your device can handle.
- AUDIO LOOPS: Additional loops track with 78 built-in professionally produced loops spanning 13 styles of music. Includes BPM display.
- METRONOME: Part of the loops track, and sampled from a classic metronome to sound like the real thing.
- MIXDOWN: Create final mixes in the WAV or AAC formats. Download to your computer, or email right from your iPad.
- SYNC: Download your files to your computer using Wi-Fi Sync or iTunes File Sharing.
- IMPORT: Add files into StudioMini XL from your Music Library, or through iTunes File Sharing and then import into StudioMini XL tracks.
- NOTES: Each song comes with a notepad for keeping track of notes, lyrics, chord progressions etc.
- SOLO, MUTE, RECORD ENABLE BUTTONS: Available for each track, just like on professional hardware mixers.
- STATUS LEDS: Simulated LEDs lights on top of each track indicate whether the track has a recording on it, to help prevent recording over good takes.
- TUNER: Pitch reference tuner.
- COUNT-IN: Sets up the tempo before recording starts to keep you in perfect time.
- MULTIPLE SONG FILES: Record and save as many songs as your device can fit.
- PRO AUDIO TIMING: Pro audio synchronization and latency compensation.
- DELETE PROTECTION: Confirmation checks for track and song deletes, to prevent erasing accidentally.
- TIMELINE: Timeline slider enables moving back and forth to any spot in the song.
- PRO MIXER FADERS & METERS: Calibrated faders and meters for adjusting and monitoring track audio levels.
- REPEAT SONG SWITCH: Turn song repeat on/off.
- USER MANUAL: Full 33 page pdf manual that's bundled in StudioMini XL. Read it in StudioMini XL, or open in iBooks or any pdf reader/editor app.
StudioMini XL includes a collection of 78 loops spanning 13 styles. These audio tracks are professionally produced and are only available with StudioMini XL. There are no repetitive 1 bar loops that sound dated or cheesy, these are new and inspiring 4 to 8 bar patterns that sound real and “feel” right.
- Acoustic Pop Rock
- Modern Rock
- Classic Rock
- Reggae / Ska
- R&B / Hip Hop
- Latin / Brazilian
Examples of what you can do with StudioMini XL:
- Record a song with your band. Connect with a mixer and use professional studio microphones to record your next hit with StudioMini XL, then create an AAC mix and email it straight from your iPad.
- Keep track of your songwriting ideas, riffs, raps, whatever you like. Never loose that great idea again.
- Use it for practicing: record some chords, then practice your scales, improvisation, a song you’re learning, etc. Or just use the metronome & drum grooves to keep you in time while you practice.
- Use it as a field recorder. Record a lecture, your band's rehearsal, keep track of your thoughts.
- Record a cover song and show off your vocals: pick a loop, have a friend play guitar (keys, synth etc.), add a bass line and then sing or rap over it.
What's New in Version 2.2.5
Stability improvements and bug fixes.
Prepare to be impressed
I got the iPhone version a while back and then got this when I got my iPad. Having more tracks and the bigger interface is pretty great. I'm a singer and I just love how fast I can record my new song ideas. I figured that if it's good enough for the Gorillaz to use on their album, should be good enough for mine, right? We've used tracks from StudioMini straight into Pro Tools for my new album. Great job on the iPad version, a nice companion to my iPhone StudioMini.
Easy and simple....
I have an old tascam 4 track and is pretty much the same but simpler and the memory is not a problem... Excellent...
New update great studio app!
Got back great help and support. from the app makers!
Greatest recording app, Out five stars from me!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Aug 09, 2017
- Version: 2.2.5
- Size: 251 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Otreus Inc.
- © 2009-2017 Otreus Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.