Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by Calorie Count
By About, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Leading calorie counting service with logging-by-voice, 5 million members, offline functionality (iPod Touch + iPhone), and a 100% editorially curated food database that you can trust. Featured in The Today Show, The Wall Street Journal, MSNBC, Marie Claire, People Magazine, etc.
• Logging-by-voice (speak: “one bagel, one tablespoon cream cheese, …”)
• Barcode scanner (convenient when having access to the packaging)
• Local database with offline support (perfect for both, iPod Touch and iPhone users)
• Multi-Add (add several foods from multiple lists with just one action)
• Auto-completions of search phrases as you type them
• Easy retrieval of commonly eaten foods (Meals, Favorites, Recents, Custom)
EXTENSION OF CALORIECOUNT.COM:
• 2-way sync with the website (all logs are instantly updated)
• Detailed nutritional analysis (this level of detail wouldn’t fit on a phone screen)
• Vibrant community forums and groups (get support from fellow members)
• All foods come with a nutrition grade and pros/cons
• Intuitive graphical interface for nutritional analysis reports
• Daily blog articles featuring success stories and articles on effective dieting methods
Learn more at: www.caloriecount.com/mobile
What's New in Version 3.18
More iOS 8 bugfixes!
Beautiful Interfaces, Horrible Bugs
I'm invested in this app by years since I can't port out the info, but this app drives me effing nuts. The positive are the charts and nutrition tracking. Exercise database is thorough and pretty spot-on. Guidelines for different diets are a great starting point. Love the food grades and the meal by meal carb/fat/protein summaries. But the cons are the constant crashes and freezing, delays, inability to sync with online records, and duplicates in custom foods and meals. I tried cleaning out my custom (it creates a new entry every time you log it!) list online, but that doesn't sync. Weight takes forever to log, it crashes when you try to complete your day. The database has a lot of duplicates so it's hard to pick out the right serving and product. Fiber and sugar are missing from a lot of entries. The bugs are constant and if I hadn't been tracking on it this long, I'd have tried something new. Takes forever to search, and kills your battery. It's such a well-designed interface that it's such a shame that the tech is so poor.
Not so great
There are much better apps out there for weight-loss tracking and planning. The UI is clumsy and challenging to use. But the worst, most egregious problem with the app involves the account settings. Weight-loss planning and required calories are unrealistic. There are serious logistical issues with the calories that are recommended for you and unrealistic corresponding weight-loss target dates. You will set yourself up for failure if you allow the account settings on this app determine the goal date for your weight-loss. Also, the recommended calories do not seem accurate either, regardless of how much weight you want to lose and in what time frame. If you insist on using the app, determine your BMR and calculate accordingly for the amount of weight you can lose at most in one week. Then manually calculate the number of weeks that would be required to lose that weight, adding 10% of the number of days, realizing that weight loss is not linear.
Can't Add Custom Food
I have liked this app for a while and used it along with their site for years. However, I have recently noticed an annoying glitch. When you go to create a new custom food you have the option to add nutritional information, which I find highly valuable when analyzing my diet summary. Anyway, when you click to enter that menu, you see all the boxes to fill in. But, once you click a box to enter a numerical value, the entire screen goes blank and you have no choice but to back out. I am disappointed I can't add vitamin info.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Nov 13, 2014
- Version: 3.18
- Size: 23.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: About, Inc
- © 2014 About, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$2.99