By SpinThought Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PLEASE NOTE: SoundSlate's successor is now in the app store - see AudioBoard (www.audioboardapp.com) for the most powerful sound board creator ever. AudioBoard addresses any problems reviewers have mentioned AND adds much more functionality to a still simple app! There is no upgrade for SoundSlate and AudioBoard costs less for a limited time, so please visit this app store link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audioboard/id673179631?mt=8
RATED ESSENTIAL APP BY APPADVICE.COM!
"SoundSlate is by far the greatest soundboard app out there for DJs and podcasters."
- "One of the best soundboards in the app store!"
- "This is by far the best app I have purchased since owning my iPad."
- "This is a great app to use with [special needs] kids."
- "SoundSlate rocks! Love love love soundslate."
- "Thank you for your good work and I'm looking forward to further developments!"
Setup 20 sound buttons per page and any number of pages using a fast efficient popover interface. Setup any button with sounds from:
-- iPod Library in the form of playlists, individual songs, podcasts, and audio books.
-- Dozens of free high quality sound effects and samples.
-- Recordings done from SoundSlate with the iPad microphone.
-- Files synced from the iTunes File Sharing and those collected using SoundSlater, the companion iPhone app for recording sounds.
Add a button face color or images from:
-- a custom button color creator or default color palette.
-- your iPad Photo Album
-- your iPad Camera (iPad 2 only)
-- your iPad Camera Roll (iPad 2 only)
Use these sound controls on any button:
-- Volume setting (to set the playback volume per button)
-- Fade in sound
-- Fade out sound
-- Stop other sounds for button sound exclusivity
-- Repeat sound for button sound to loop over and over
- Create multiple pages of soundboards to organize your sounds.
- Swipe across a thumbnail bar to load your soundboards.
- Add notes to any soundboard page for reference notes.
- Add notes to any button and change the button label.
- Default animated buttons show up/down button press.
- Designed with a dliberately simple clean interface.
- Play sounds simultaneously or set a button to play exclusively.
- Quick Help popover makes it easy to learn the app toolbar.
- Advanced web based help gives you dynamic detailed help and update news.
- Get Satisfaction(TM) customer support is integrated into every help page for sending instant feedback questions, problems, and ideas.
*** CURRENT CUSTOMERS USING SOUNDSLATE ***
- Professional DJ's
- Stage Entertainers
- Radio Personalities
- And anyone that needs pre-recorded audio at your finger tips!
PLEASE: Before you write a bad review, go to **support.spinthought.com** for solutions to problems. We can't fix what we don't know about, and writing a bad review is not the way to report a bug. We cannot reply to negative reviews to help you, so please give us a chance to respond. We answer all inquiries quickly when you use the right contact method. Thanks!
What's New in Version 3.2
NEW FEATURE RELEASE
- IMPROVED RESPONSE TIME ON BUTTON TAP!
We've been promising this for some time and apologize for the delay, but you'll get better response when you tap to play a button.
- AIRPLAY SUPPORT!
We added the airplay icon to the right of the master volume so you can broadcast through any airplay compatible device.
- NEW EDIT MODE FOR ASSIGNING BUTTON CONTENT!
Now you tap an Edit button at the top right of the nav bar to assign sounds and other button content. This speeds up the process compared to tap-hold. The background color changes to remind you to tap Done when finished editing.
- NEW NAV BAR SESSION TIMER!
We've added a session timer on the nav bar in big green numbers to let you know how long you've been using the app from the first tap of a button. Perfect for timing the length of your events. Tap the timer to reset to zero.
- ENLARGED STATUS BAR AND SOUND COUNTDOWN ON BUTTON!
We've enlarged the button status bar and count down time on the face of the buttons to make it easier to read at a glance.
- DEDICATED PORTRAIT OR LANDSCAPE SUPPORT!
We added a "Portrait or Landscape" setting so user has control of layout changes when flipping the orientation of the app.
Functional but needs work
This app is functional but leaves a lot to be desired. Simple UI upgrades would be nice, such as the simple ability to reorganize the placement of the sounds on the slate; adjusting the image location within the icon (as opposed to requiring a square image or distorting the selected one); a larger-sized "fade out" button; and the ability to switch between slates would be great. Sounds play faster now after last update but still are lagging and even cut off through AirPlay. This may be an Apple issue but does not happen with any other audio streaming apps.