By Uber Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Uber is your private driver in more than 50 countries.
- Request a ride using the app and get picked up within minutes. On-demand service means no reservations required and no waiting in taxi lines.
- Compare rates for different vehicles and get fare quotes in the app. Use PayPal or add a credit card to your secure account so you never need cash on hand.
- Set your pickup location and final destination for an easy trip. Get connected to your personal driver and check the progress of your Uber at any time.
- Sit back, relax, and go anywhere you want. We'll email you a receipt when you arrive at your destination.
An entirely new and modern way to travel is at your fingertips.
What's New in Version 2.87.4
We’ve made design and localization updates to improve the Uber experience around the globe.
** Uber saves time by connecting you to a driver as quickly as possible. If you like the service, please consider using those extra few minutes to review our app. **
It's all good until...
You Uber in NYC and drive to Jersey and get hit with a $250 fare during a surge. My only thing is without a meter you neeeever really know what your fare is until you get a receipt. It's a minor issue but I think it's a bit deceitful . Yes you can estimate fare but there are so many variables..wouldn't you like to know that your fair is jumping up $5 while you sit in traffic? I could just ask to be let out if I knew I was paying double or triple the fare for a route I normally pay $8 for. Hopefully Uber will create a live "meter" on your app that shows you what's happening. My poor friend in NYC was hit with that huge fare (this isn't the first Uber horror story we've heard). I think Uber can take a hint from taxi cab practices and put some sort of meter to show your fare.
I used uber a few times and have been extremely disappointed in their service. They request a credit card for the app but charge your card wrongfully. I was charged $10 for canceling an uber request because someone didn't speak English. I also was charged $25 for a ride then the next day I got an email stating that the fee went to $50 and charged my account. Their abusing their privileges to people's credit cards. You can fight for a refund but they'll only give you credit to use uber again. They are also difficult to get in touch with and have no phone number to contact them. I will never use uber again. Don't use uber unless you want to be ripped off multiple times.
It reviews by itself
This product is amazing. Shame cities around are trying to shut down operations. I've never use taxis before on a regular basis. Uber change that. Is reliable, affordable and much better service than any taxi could ever offer from quality of vehicles to customer service experience. THANK YOU uber.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Aug 03, 2015
- Version: 2.87.4
- Size: 49.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Uber Technologies, Inc.
- © Uber Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.