By Barnes & Noble
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Get the FREE NOOK Reading App for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch to start enjoying Barnes & Noble’s award-winning eBook discovery and digital reading experience. Access our vast online library of over 4 million eBooks, graphic novels, comics, and magazines; plus, enjoy recommendations just for you curated by our expert booksellers. Customize your experience with multiple font and page styles and powerful organization and social sharing tools.
Put down your reading and pick up where you left off—even as you jump from one screen to another.
Barnes & Noble at Your Fingertips
• Browse Bookstore for the latest new releases, bestsellers, and expert recommendations just for you! The more you use NOOK, the better our suggestions.
• Purchases completed on Barnes & Noble’s website will automatically appear on your device.
• Over 1 million FREE titles! Try a new author or start a new series risk-free. Download free eBooks directly from Bookstore.
• Download free book samples and add favorites to your Wishlist.
• Try any newspaper or magazine free for 14 days.*
Rich, Customizable Reading
• Adjustable font styles, line spacing, margins, page animations, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Use our Day, Night, and Evening themes or create your own background and text color combinations.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Organize your Library with custom stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
Create Your Own Quote Cards
• Found an inspiring or beautiful sentence in your book? Highlight and tap on ‘Share’ to launch the quote editor and create a custom Quote Card.
• Choose your favorite background and share with friends on social networks, email, and text message.
Discovery Delivered Daily
• Visit B&N Readouts for daily streams of free book excerpts, magazine articles, and all kinds of bookish news—including reviews from our community. Share on social, email, and other apps.
• Join the thousands of NOOK readers on Serial Reads, Barnes & Noble’s latest free reading program. Enjoy a book every month, delivered FREE in daily chapters directly to your device. Titles are hand-picked by B&N editors across genres.
• Enjoy our Free Fridays eBook selection every week.
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
What's New in Version 4.9.1
• Newly updated for full compatibility with iPhone X
• Support for NOOK Kids books (featuring Read and Record) and sideloaded EPub3 FXL books
• Tap and hold book covers in Library / Search / Bookstore to bring up a menu of available options (or use 3D Touch on supported iPhones)
• Link and login to your NOOK account using Facebook or Google Account (must have the same email as your NOOK account)
• iOS 11: Drag and drop sideloaded items into and out of your library (supported iPads only)
• iOS 11: Support for the Smart Invert Accessibility option
• Additional compatibility support and general bug fixes
Love the app but for one thing
I love the nook app I can read all my favorite authors when I want where I want as long as I have my phone!!! My only issue is that when I’m trying to group books that apart of the same series once you’ve reached your allotted regrouping number your not allow this bugs me because there are times when I purchase books they don’t always go into the already grouped series group and when you go to group sometimes you get a message that says the Nook team will look into the matter you sent us your concern about the next time the app updates well I don’t like this because there are times when the app doesn’t update so you have about 11 books that belonged grouped together but I have to wait until the new update comes out! But besides this I love this app and enjoy reading all the hundreds of books I have saved onto my account!!!
Took a downturn
I need to be able to purchase books in-app. It’s too tedious to ping-pong back and forth between the app and the website. Not to mention that the page keeps refreshing itself and freezing!! Also, HELLO?? ——>“I friggin' love this app! It lets you change the setup of your library, what books you want IN your library at any given time (so long as you have Internet, anyway) It lets you change the font size, color, and style, and it keeps all your books in neat little piles of book series! Definitely better than iBook in my experience :)” What the hell is this BS?! Why is it auto-filled out?! DON’T EVER PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. EVER.
OK but with some problems
The thing that bugs me the most is if you have the B&N app it tells you that you can’t purchase the book on your device, in my case an iPhone. Then you go to Google and search for B&N. Lot of choices but I always click on ebooks. Probably 6 times out of 10 it brings up paperbacks which isn’t what I clicked on ebooks for. Sometimes it doesn’t have the book I want in ebook format. Then I have to go to Kindle to get it. Mighty aggravating
- Category: Books
- Updated: Nov 29, 2017
- Version: 4.9.1
- Size: 121 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- Copyright © 2010-2017 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.