NOOK - Read Books, Magazines, Newspapers & Comics
By Barnes & Noble
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOOK free book reading app for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch! This free reader app has a library of over 4 million free best-selling eBooks, magazines, comics, and kids’ books in every genre including fiction, romance, business, sci-fi, mystery, and more - including 1 million FREE titles. . Sample NOOK books FREE and try any newspaper or magazine FREE for 14 days.*
Shop the NOOK Store and find titles tailored to your interests with ultra-personalized recommendations we know you'll love. Then, enjoy an amazing, highly optimized reading experience with your NOOK app™ wherever you go. Start reading on one device and continue on another.
NOOK - the top-rated app for readers
“One of the best reading apps” – Gizmodo
• NEW: B&N Readouts: Daily streams of FREE quick reads—two-minute book excerpts and magazine articles—customizable by interest and designed for iPhone reading. Share on social, email, and other apps.
• Massive selection of over 4 million books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and kids books - most $9.99 or less.
• Adjustable font sizes and styles, line spacing, margins, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Select Night Mode for easier bedtime reading.
• Syncs your last page, bookmarks, and notes so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read NOOK Books™ on your NOOK® HD, NOOK® HD+, NOOK Tablet™, NOOK Color™, NOOK Simple Touch™, NOOK Simple Touch™ with GlowLight™, PC, Mac, Android-based devices and Windows 8-based devices.
• Explore the App: Test drive the app even before you sign in, includes three free books and three free magazine issues
• My Shelves: Organize your library as you wish by creating stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files
• Sample Search: Search our eBook catalog and read free samples.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Customize background and text colors. Use themes or create your own.
• Read in portrait or landscape mode.
• Easily transfer EPUB and PDF files.
• Language support for British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
• Shop for books, magazines & newspapers and manage your account by visiting the NOOK Store.
BESTSELLING BOOKS INCLUDE:
• Romance: Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey, Earth Bound, The Liar, A New Hope, Ever After
• Fiction: Go Set a Watchman, Truth or Die, The Rumor, In the Unlikely Event, Country, Gone Girl
• Mystery: Nemesis (FBI Series #19), 14th Deadly Sin, Dark Places, Wicked Charms, The Girl on the Train
• Books for Teens: Paper Towns, Divergent, Maze Runner, The Heir, Red Queen, Cinder
• Books for Young Readers: Wimpy Kid, Magnus Chase, Wings of Fire, Charlotte’s Web, Frozen, Magic Tree House
• Science-Fiction & Fantasy: The Martian, Queen of Fire, Armada, A Game of Thrones
BESTSELLING AUTHORS INCLUDE:
• James Patterson
• Gillian Flynn
• Janet Evanovich
• Harper Lee
• Kiera Cass
• Rick Riordan
• Nora Roberts
• Stephen King
BESTSELLING MAGAZINES INCLUDE:
• OK! Magazine, Star
• Us Weekly
• National Geographic
• Food Network Magazine
• Weight Watchers Magazine
BESTSELLING NEWSPAPERS INCLUDE:
• USA Today
• The Washington Post
• The Onion
• New York Daily News
• Los Angeles Times
• 200+ college newspapers
BESTSELLING NOOK COMICS INCLUDE:
• DC: Batman, Superman, Sandman, Watchmen
• Image: The Walking Dead, Chew, Invincible
• Marvel: Invincible Iron Man, World War Hulk, Astonishing X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man
• Dark Horse Comics: Hellboy, B.P.R.D., Conan, Frank Miller’s Sin City, Star Wars
• Archie Comics: Life With Archie, Betty & Veronica, Kevin Keller
• Dynamite Entertainment: Vampirella, Dean Koontz’s Frankenstein, Green Hornet
Selection shown above for U.S. users only; selection and price of content may vary by country
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
What's New in Version 4.5.1
- 3D Touch support for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. Access Quick Start shortcuts for Search, My Shelves, B&N Readouts, and Current Read from the Home Screen app icon!
- iPad Pro compatibility and support for Apple Pencil
- Performance improvements
- Bug fixes
Great Interaction with Your Library
I really love how the App has been improved throughout the last three years. I came from using a Nook Color to the iPad and with the Nook, there was a lot of interactions (obviously because it was created by Barnes & Nobles for the use with their eBooks), but this App has come a long way since then to match the features. The ability to create shelves, the pairing together books that are within the same series, once you have purchased them.
I would say that to complete my wish list, I would love for the App to tell you when there is another book or books attached to the book you are viewing under a books "Information" and also allow you to purchase it from the App. Also would love for the App to give you under a different section, a list of other books by that author and a list of books from other authors that are similar to the type of book the one you are viewing under "Information" is.
Otherwise, I give thanks to the developers for how far they brought this App and I can't wait for what they do with it in the future.
Still needs work
I have had three iterations of the nook, and have use the nook app for many years. The nook app is convenient, easy to use, and synchronizes well with the Barnes & Noble website. The developers at Barnes & Noble have done a great job. However, it still lacks certain functionalities which would greatly enhance the overall experience. For example, it would be much more user-friendly if you could download books from the app without having to having to first visit the website. This would be particularly convenient as there are now Barnes & Noble readouts. It would be a smoother, more professional experience if you could explore a readout sample, and if you enjoyed the book, download from the app immediately. Additionally, if you do purchase a download from the website after having read a sample book, you basically have to start over again reading the book as all annotations, bookmarks, and highlights disappear. Frustrating to say the least.
I try and try with little success to down and load NYT and WSJ via my public library in Tampa. It is completely random in response. Something works, I'm scotched so do the exact same thing five more times or so and usually get just a blank screen. Then you two weeks latter half a dozen random papers appear and I must slowly check and then delete most of them. The problem might be Apple, the library, the Nook app, or publisher ( obviously it is not the operator). If there are any relevant FAQs I don't see them. Contacting the library redirects me to a page I have frequently read without benefit
They have had this service on Overdrive for 7 months. That is more than enough time.
If a moderator checks this, please send along a copy to any relevant address as I'm at my wit's end. I obtain the headlines and 5 articles per month because I registered with the WSJ AND NYT for their free news headlines. Trying to use the free service blended with the library ( we have a public library supported by taxes)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jan 04, 2016
- Version: 4.5.1
- Size: 50.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- Copyright © 2010-2015 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.