By Barnes & Noble
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Get the FREE NOOK Reading App for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch to start enjoying Barnes & Noble’s award-winning eBook discovery and digital reading experience. Access our vast online library of over 4 million eBooks, graphic novels, comics, and magazines; plus, enjoy recommendations just for you curated by our expert booksellers. Customize your experience with multiple font and page styles and powerful organization and social sharing tools.
Put down your reading and pick up where you left off—even as you jump from one screen to another.
Barnes & Noble at Your Fingertips
• Browse Bookstore for the latest new releases, bestsellers, and expert recommendations just for you! The more you use NOOK, the better our suggestions.
• Purchases completed on Barnes & Noble’s website will automatically appear on your device.
• Over 1 million FREE titles! Try a new author or start a new series risk-free. Download free eBooks directly from Bookstore.
• Download free book samples and add favorites to your Wishlist.
• Try any newspaper or magazine free for 14 days.*
Rich, Customizable Reading
• Adjustable font styles, line spacing, margins, page animations, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Use our Day, Night, and Evening themes or create your own background and text color combinations.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Organize your Library with custom stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
Create Your Own Quote Cards
• Found an inspiring or beautiful sentence in your book? Highlight and tap on ‘Share’ to launch the quote editor and create a custom Quote Card.
• Choose your favorite background and share with friends on social networks, email, and text message.
Discovery Delivered Daily
• Visit B&N Readouts for daily streams of free book excerpts, magazine articles, and all kinds of bookish news—including reviews from our community. Share on social, email, and other apps.
• Join the thousands of NOOK readers on Serial Reads, Barnes & Noble’s latest free reading program. Enjoy a book every month, delivered FREE in daily chapters directly to your device. Titles are hand-picked by B&N editors across genres.
• Enjoy our Free Fridays eBook selection every week.
* NOOK account and credit card registration required.
What's New in Version 4.9.0
• Now supporting NOOK Kids books (featuring Read and Record) and sideloaded EPub3 FXL books
• Tap and hold book covers in Library / Search / Bookstore to bring up a menu of available options (or use 3D Touch on supported iPhones)
• Link and login to your NOOK account using Facebook or Google Account (must have the same email as your NOOK account)
• iOS 11: Drag and drop sideloaded items into and out of your library (supported iPads only)
• iOS 11: Support for the Smart Invert Accessibility option
• Other iOS 11 compatibility support and general bug fixes
Need to re-download books too often
Lately if I don’t use the app for a while I get an error that the book I was on couldn’t be opened and I have to re-download it. Oftentimes I don’t have WiFi on my iPad which means I can’t read the book.
Once I download a book it should be on my iPad until I choose to delete the book or the entire app.
Also, I agree that we should be able to purchase books from within the app rather than going to the website. I understand the motivation behind not having that feature though. (Purchases made in the app mean Apple takes 30%, while on the website B&N gets the whole price. The website also allows for more price flexibility than the app.)
I really like the new updates on the Nook app but it could be better when you set up your stac's it would be nice to rearrange the books in order of where there at in a series. One thing they need to fix when they put books in a series they don't get all the books in when you have 4 books in a series 3 books will be in the bow but 1 books never makes it in...
The Nook app is getting better the only thing is I wish we can enlarge the words so that they are bigger for the IPad Pro. When you look at the nook IPhone app the words are much bigger
Love it but...
My first eReader was a nook. Now I have an iPad with all the other reading apps, but I still only use nook. Idk I guess I just don't like change. So I love the nook app but...it IS all I've known. The only thing that bugs me is that to purchase a book I have to leave the app and got to B&N which is the absolute slowest site EVER. If there was a way to buy a book straight from the app (like the sequel to a book I'm reading. Just one example) that would make life so much easier.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 05, 2017
- Version: 4.9.0
- Size: 120 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Barnes&Noble
- Copyright © 2010-2017 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.