AmpliTube for iPad
By IK Multimedia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***NEW OFFICIAL MESA/Boogie® AMPS, CABS & STOMPS AVAILABLE FOR IN-APP PURCHASE: DUAL RECTIFIER, TRIPLE RECTIFIER, MARK III, MARK IV AND TRANSATLANTIC TA-30 AND MORE***
Want to turn your iPad into the ultimate mobile guitar and bass tone studio? AmpliTube puts the power in your hands with a massive collection of virtual gear that you can use to practice, play and record with world-class tone anytime and everywhere.
Build your own guitar or bass rig with up to 6 stompbox FX, an amplifier and speaker cabinet w/Mic — you can even drag and drop your stomps to sit before or after your amplifier (4 slots pre and 2 slots post).
Just plug your instrument into your iPad with one of IK's instrument interfaces (like iRig 2 or iRig HD), and get ready to be blown away.
You'll be absolutely floored by the sound quality. AmpliTube now uses the same tone technology as the acclaimed AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop for OS X and PC. You'll hear the difference and understand why AmpliTube is an essential for so many professional musicians and recording studios.
AmpliTube gives you 11 creative stompbox effects, 5 amazing amps, 7 speaker cabinets and 2 mics, 1 Loop Drummer groove from the Rock pack and 1 active track in the recorder section. And you can expand this selection via a massive library of over 100 pieces of expansion gear that includes amps and stompboxes from the world’s best brands like Fender™, Soldano®, Ampeg®, ENGL®, Orange®, T-Rex® and more.
And you'll actually feel like you're in your own professional recording studio thanks to its "Cab Room." Now mic your cabinets in 3D - from dust cap to speaker edge and by varying distances from the speaker - with up to 2 mics in a beautifully rendered virtual studio environment. There are also 16 new highly sought after studio mic models available via in-app purchase adding even more sonic richness.
Like to loop? Now you can get creative with loops in AmpliTube via its new Super Looper, which is available through in-app purchase. It makes it easy to record, play back, adjust levels and play along with up to 4 loops. Looper is controllable via MIDI or iRig BlueBoard.
Need a drummer? Use the built-in Loop Drummer system to jam to killer drum tracks. Make your own rhythmic patterns or let it create some inspiring drums for you. Get more loops via in-app Style Packs.
Use AmpliTube’s streamlined built-in 8-track recorder and DAW-style studio (available via in-app purchase) sections to record, edit and tweak and share your compositions via SoundCloud, file sharing or email.
• Lets you intuitively create guitar & bass rigs with up to 6 stomps, 1 amp and 1 cab with 2 mics
• Over 100 gear models available
• Includes 11 stomps, 5 amps, 5 cabinets and 2 mics
• “Cab Room" allows 3D placement and miking of cabinets with 2 mics (available via in-app purchase)
• Add more gear via in-app purchase from Fender™, Soldano®, Ampeg®, ENGL®, Orange®, Jimi Hendrix™ collection, T-Rex®, Slash Collection and more
• 16 new mics available for purchase
• Included single-track recorder (in-app purchase unlocks up to 8-tracks)
• Studio mode for intuitive DAW-style editing (unlocked via in-app purchase)
• Loop drummer module that plays in sync with the recorder
• Includes speed trainer, metronome and tuner
• Inter-App Audio and AudioBus support (available on iOS 7 and above)
• Project sharing between versions and devices
• Import and play songs as backing tracks from your Music Library or computer
• Export audio via E-mail, SoundCloud or File Sharing
• MIDI controllable
• Low-latency for real-time playing
• FREE version available
Requires iPad 2 or later with iOS 7.1 or later
What's New in Version 4.3.0
- Simultaneous Multi-track recording – record up to 8 audio tracks simultaneously (enable it in the settings panel)
- Added amp oversampling technology - higher quality on high gain sound (enable it in the settings panel)
- Fixed an issue with iRig BlueBoard connection
- Fixed glitches in the looper section
- Compatibility with the latest Audiobus 2.3
- General reliability improvements
Works Great, Sounds Great, Delivers
I have no idea what's up with these negative reviews. I re-downloaded this app on my iPad 4, and everything works fine. All of my in-app purchases showed up, the sound quality is excellent, and the new layout is pretty sweet. Okay, so they've made the in-app purchases more visible. Cool. I didn't know there was an OCD model, and I probably wouldn't have looked for one, but I sure am enjoying it. If you don't want to buy the extras, then don't—the app is well stocked from the beginning.
Look, by and large, I'm mild-weathered about IK Multimedia gear and software. They're okay, but usually nothing to write home about. The exception to this is their amp/effects emulation. I've been using everything from kidney-bean-shaped Pods to Eleven and beyond ever since this market opened up, and IK's Amplitube has always kept up with the competition.
There are a ton of amp/effects modeling apps out there today, and most of them are okay. What I love about IK and Amplitube is that you can count on them to be accurate. I wanted an amp that sounds like my Hotrod Deluxe Deville, so I bought one. Other than the fact that I can get amp distortion out of the app without hitting tinnitus-inducing SPLs, the emulation is perfect. It's your call, but I'd say this is among the most solid guitar apps you'll find.
I hate this software now soooooo much.
This used to work fine. But now it crashes all the time when recording and switching between projects. It is so aggravating because it used to be good. Honestly I'll never use this product or this company's other products again. There are far better products elsewhere. Trust was broken. Seems like it may have gone down hill after forcing the software to give me pop-up adds for their crappy speaker even though I've spent a ton of money on their software as it is. Stay away.
I really want to love this app and have invested in the orange, ampeg, and Mesa bundles. After the recent update, can't even get it to launch! The popping and hissing go away when the tracks are compressed, but makes playback a terrible experience. After three weeks of being unable to access my projects and finding ZERO help, I've decided to delete and reinstall. I lost EVERY project in the process. I can't believe you guys didn't do a better job in QA. Seriously disappointed.
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 22, 2016
- Version: 4.3.0
- Size: 876 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: IK Multimedia US, LLC
- ©2002-2016 IK Multimedia Production Srl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Recorder + Master FX$14.99
- Complete Fender Bundle$14.99
- Graphic Equalizer$2.99
- Parametric Equalizer$2.99
- Recorder + Studio$19.99
- VL Complete Bundle$9.99
- Slash Complete Bundle$14.99