AmpliTube for iPad
By IK Multimedia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
EXPAND YOUR RIG FOR A GREAT PRICE WITH THE ULTIMATE ALL-INCLUSIVE BUNDLES AS AN IN-APP PURCHASE: ALL-IN GEAR BUNDLE 2014 AND LOOP DRUMMER ALL STYLE PACKS 1&2. SAVE UP TO 70%!
Turn your iPad® into the ultimate mobile guitar and bass multi-FX processor and DAW recording studio with AmpliTube! Play, practice and record with a massive collection of virtual amplifiers, cabinets, stompboxes and more from the leader in analog gear modeling.
AmpliTube lets you rock out while on the go like never before: It gives you control of a full guitar or bass rig with 4 effects, an amp, a speaker cabinet and a mic. Sculpt the perfect tone with its 11 built-in stomps (distortion available once registered), 5 amps with full controls, 5 cabs and 2 mics.
Plug your guitar into AmpliTube via IK’s high-definition iRig® HD or iRig® PRO digital instrument interfaces (or iRig® or iRig® STOMP). And for the ultimate playing experience, plug in your iRig® BlueBoard to control AmpliTube straight from the floor — the latest version features comprehensive iRig BlueBoard integration.
When you're ready to rock, you can use its built-in recorder and DAW-style Studio feature* (available via in-app purchase) to record and edit multitrack audio like a pro.
For practice and performance, you can use its built-in Loop Drummer drum module to jam to killer drum tracks. Get more loops via in-app purchase of Style Packs — the latest version adds 3 new style packs and 5 variations on existing Style Packs for you to try.
- Real-time guitar and bass mobile multi FX and recording app
- Use 4 simultaneous stomp boxes, 1 amp, 1 cab and 1 mic
- Includes 11 stomps, 5 amps, 5 cabinets and 2 mics
- Add more gear models via in-app purchase: Official amps from Soldano®, Ampeg® and ENGL®, 5 official Fender™ amps and 5 stomps, 6 official Orange® amps and 3 stomps, 2 official Jimi Hendrix™ amps and 4 stomps, an official stomp from T-Rex®, 2 stomps based on popular distortion effects, 5 VocaLive effects and more
- Single-track recorder expands to 8-track studio with master effects via in-app purchase
- AutoFreeze feature allows for separate effects rigs on each recorder track
- Studio feature* (available via in-app purchase) turns multitrack into a DAW with full editing features
- UltraTuner, the high precision tuner, available as in-app purchase
- Loop drummer module that plays in sync with the recorder
- Includes speed trainer, metronome and tuner.
- Inter-App Audio support (available on iOS 7 and above)
- Project sharing between versions and devices
- Preroll function
- Import and play songs as backing tracks from your Music Library or computer
- Export via E-mail, SoundCloud, FTP or File Sharing
- Audio copy/paste
- Speed up or slow down tempo of imported songs without changing pitch
- NO VOICE removes lead vocal or guitar solo from imported songs
- Powerful management of presets and favorites
- Tuner and metronome
- Digital audio in/out
- MIDI controllable
- Low-latency for real-time playing
- FREE version also available
More apps information:
* requires iPad 2 or later
What's New in Version 3.4
- New ENGL Amps for in-app purchase
- Native support for iRig BlueBoard
- New Loop Drummer 2 loop collections for in-app purchase
- Project sharing between versions and different devices
- Improved MIDI control
- New multi-language dynamic tooltips
- Use iCloud to transfer in-app purchases between the 5 main AmpliTube versions
- Now compatible with Audiobus on iOS 8
Not impressed, wasted money
I like many bought the bundle that includes Slash, Hendrix and a few others. Little did I know the in app purchases can only be used within the individual app. In other words, if I'm playing "hey joe" using the Hendrix add on, if I decide to rip up some GnR I have to close out the Hendrix app and open the slash app. In order to have all these accessible in one app, you have to buy them again. They do do a good job at letting you know about what products you can buy from them. The sounds overall I think are great, it's just a pain to not be able to work seamlessly between the presets. So much so I just rely on the onboard effects of my Peavey VIP2 and no longer bother using the iRig I bought from them.
I have read about the latest update allowing you to restore purchases across all apps. I and others on the forums though have not been able to get it to work. I have reset my iPad back to factory default to see if it would allow it to work. NO DICE!
Great app, but…Get with the times
I bought this because I already had Amplitube Fender and Orange, and with the bundle deal I could not resist. I have the many other amp and effect simulators (JamUp, ToneStack, Flying Haggis) and I did not have high expectations for this one. But I am very impressed and like the sounds a lot. It is fairly easy to use and the cloud integration works perfectly (you must register and sign-in with the same account). BUT I still do not have access to my VocaLive effects (those are still a separate purchase) and I do not understand why this is an iPad only app. For the price this should be a universal app as IK Multimedia’s competitors have done. That is why it is three stars. Cool app, and I have no regrets with the purchase, but once (if ever) this is made into a universal app, then 5 stars I will rate. Until then I have to recommend another guitar app for the value.
Other Amplitube apps are not iOS 8 compatible, bundle a ripoff
I wish I paid closer attention to the last version update date when I purchased this with the full Amplitube bundle. Although the main/original Amplitube app was updated in Oct 2014, the Fender, Slash, Jimi Hendrix, and Orange versions have not been updated and are not iOS 8 compatible.
Also, this bundle of separate apps makes no sense. Yes, the Fender, Slash, Jimi Hendrix, and Orange versions are separate stand-alone apps, instead of being in-app purchases within the main Amplitube app, which would make much more sense and be more useable. They've made it impossible to mix and match the amps, cabs, and effects between them.
It's also a bit of a ripoff that the bundle does not include the multitrack recorder, and if you want it, you have to purchase it separately for each of the Amplitube apps.
Given how happy I've been with other IK MultiMedia products, like the iRigs, of which I own 3, the Amplitube family has been a bit of a disappointment.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 15, 2014
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 399 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: IK Multimedia US, LLC
- ©2002-2014 IK Multimedia Production Srl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Recorder + Master Fx$14.99
- Complete Fender Bundle$14.99
- Graphic Equalizer$2.99
- Complete Slash Bundle$14.99
- All Style Packs$14.99
- Metal Distortion$2.99
- Parametric Equalizer$2.99