Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Famous boardgame and great iOS experience, with expansions as in-app purchases.
"iPhone Game of the Year", iTunes Rewind Germany.
"The single best board game experience in the App Store", gamezebo
"Carcassonne does just about everything right on the iPhone", ars technica
"It is quite simply one of the most polished games on the platform", wired.com
"There's nothing like a sneaky farmer to push you across the winning line", Edge Magazine
"Beautiful and intuitive", joystiq
"Carcassonne is as good as it gets", EGM
"Of all the tabletop games I have played on my iPad while pooping, nothing has as much time invested in it as Carcassonne", Wil Wheaton
Play the original award winning board game Carcassonne with friends, family, or other board game enthusiasts - online or offline.
Build a medieval landscape, tile by tile, claim landmarks with your followers and score points. As a winner of the prestigious "Spiel des Jahres" award in 2001, the game allows for a plethora of play styles and strategies. If you like social gaming or board games you will love Carcassonne!
• Official Carcassonne game with original artwork
• Universal App - Buy once, play on iPad and iPhone
• Expansions available via In-App-Purchase
• "The River" adds a new strategic element to the game play
• "Inns and Cathedrals" adds a double follower and tiles to upvalue cities and roads.
• "Traders & Builders" with trade-goods, pigs and builders.
• "Princess & Dragon" with dragon, princess, fairy and magic portals.
• "Phantom" adds the phantom, a game piece you can place in addition to other followers.
• "Winter" with a new theme, tiles, and the Gingerbread Man.
• "Double Base Tile Set" adds the possibility to play with twice the amount of base game (or winter) cards.
• Easy mode that does not count Fields, ideal for Kids
• 9 different AI players: (Hans, Count, Countess, Maid, Servant, Juggler, Fortune Teller, Witch and Warlock)
• Play with up to five players passing one device around
• Unique Solitaire mode
• Local network play
• Internet multiplayer with Push Notifications
• Online and offline ranking
• Game Center Achievements
• Comprehensive in-game manual
• Tutorials with voice acting
• Compete for the best score in Solitaire Game of the Week
• Chat function for Internet and local network games
• Play with Game Center friends
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• How do I redownload my Expansions?
You can restore your purchases free of charge in the app's purchases menu. (The treasure chest in the main menu.)
• Help! I’m trapped in a menu screen!
Try opening http://carcassonneapp.com/cleanup.html in your iPad’s or iPhone’s Safari.
• What about more Expansions?
We are continuing to work on further expansions. Please don't hesitate to tell us which one you'd like to see next!
• Can I play asynchronously?
Yes. In "Play with Friends" you can leave the app and will be notified when it's your turn again. No pressure though, unlike "Quick Play" there are no time limits.
• Can I play against my familiy or friends by passing the device around?
Yes, of course. Up to five players can play on the same device.
• Do I need to buy the expansions to participate in a game with expansions?
If you are playing local network multiplayer you can share an expansion with your opponents. To play online multiplayer, you need to buy the expansion to play with it.
• Can I play with expansions in quick play?
Yes. However currently we limit the combinations of the expansions in quick play to avoid fragmentation of the player base and longer waiting times for games. We try to give three or four useful combinations for quick play. There is also the "Automatic" category that tries to match you up with anyone who wants to play right now.
What's New in Version 4.13
• Fixed an issue preventing phantom placement in some cases
• Fixed crash when selecting contacts from the address book
• Detailed scoring no longer shows icon for pigs on field when playing without the pig
Great rendition of a classic.
Great job for nearly everything. The gameplay, expansion integration, music, sounds, and interface are pretty spot on and easy to navigate and use and work well.
The only reason it's not 5 stars is the multiplayer. It's awesome when it works but it's funniky. Joining a local game never works on the first try and usually involves restarting the "lobby" a few times before another player can join. And then it's several tries on their part for it to actually connect.
Works great once the multiplayer games get started. Initiating them just needs some ironing out.
So far not a single crash or slowdown in iPhone 6+, or iPad Air.
Revising my review from 5 to 1. I bought the game and all expansions. I played them and enjoyed them immensely. Sometime in winter 2014 an update was introduced which leads to constant crashes (more than once per game) on both my iPhone and iPad. Don't buy this game -- it may run on your hardware now but it may not in the future. It's not really a purchase -- it's a rental for an undefined period.
Updating to say that the frequent crashes are STILL a problem after upgrading to a new iPhone 6s.
Was Perfect - P&D Sounds Ruined It
This used to be my favorite app, but then I trusted them enough to do the update. Big mistake. They changed the Princess & Dragon sound effects...it's now so loud and annoying as to be unplayable (the effects are too loud relative to others, the fairy sound is constant and a literal headache, and the SCREAMING meeple is seriously unnervingly!). And that was my favorite app expansion. I never play anymore because of it. HUGE disappointment!
Please fix it. :(
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 26, 2016
- Version: 4.13
- Size: 275 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: TheCodingMonkeys
- © 2010 TheCodingMonkeys & Hans im Glück Verlag
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Inns & Cathedrals$1.99
- Traders & Builders$1.99
- Princess & Dragon$1.99
- 5th Anniversary Bundle$4.99
- Double Base Tile Set$0.99