Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iMovie puts everything you need to tell your story at your fingertips, with a beautifully streamlined interface and Multi-Touch gestures that let you enjoy your videos like never before. Browse your video library, quickly share favorite moments, and create beautiful HD movies and Hollywood-style trailers. And with iCloud, you can enjoy them in iMovie Theater on all your devices.
Quickly browse and share video
• Enjoy your video library in the full-screen Video browser
• Easily share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Use simple playback controls to review clips in slow motion or fast forward
• Mark favorite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world's top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits in the Outline
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones in the Storyboard
• Add content from your library or record new footage right into your trailer
Create beautiful HD movies
• Choose from eight unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Add videos and photos from your library or shoot directly into your timeline
• Enhance your movie with slow motion, fast forward, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your iTunes library, and even your own narration
• Fine-tune your soundtrack with powerful audio controls including trim, split, duplicate, and fade
Watch anywhere with iMovie Theater
• Fill iMovie Theater with beautiful posters as you share clips, movies, and trailers
• Tap any poster to watch full screen
• Access iMovie Theater on all your devices with iCloud
• Enjoy on your HDTV with iMovie Theater on Apple TV
Share on the web, at home, and with friends
• Share via Mail and Messages
• Publish directly from iMovie to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and CNN iReport
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream videos to your HDTV with Apple TV
• Send video clips and editable iMovie projects to friends with AirDrop
AirPlay is compatible with the second-generation Apple TV or later.
AirDrop is available on iPhone 5 and later, iPad (4th generation) and later, iPad mini and later, and iPod touch (5th generation) and requires an iCloud account.
* 2x fast forward is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, and iPad mini with Retina display.
What's New in Version 2.0
• All-new, streamlined design
• Share clips, movies, and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them anywhere
• Full-screen Video browser with quick clip sharing
• Adjustments Bar for easy access to audio and video controls
• 16 new title styles
• Three new transitions — Slide, Wipe, and Fade through black or white
• Two new trailers — Indie and Family
• Slow motion
• Cutaway, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects
• Add just the audio portion of video clips to a movie
• Detach audio from video in the timeline
• Duplicate audio or video clips
• Trim, split, and reposition music and sound effects
• Adjustable audio fade-in and fade-out
• High-frame-rate video recording
• Share via Mail and Messages
• Use AirDrop to send video clips and iMovie projects
• Import media via iTunes File Sharing
• 64-bit support
Most useful video app
Love iMovie for my phone it makes making my videos pretty easy and quick. Of course Final Cut Pro is the best but this works when I travel and for making my Instagram videos. However, if you're not familiar with it at all it could take a while to learn. Apple sure doesn't make it easy to use, there's tips and tricks you gotta learn. I don't really understand why there's a limit to how short I can cut a clip... I discovered that recently it won't let me splice it if it's too short. For making vine or Instagram videos it's crucial to have super short clips especially when you take multiple ones and add them up just to make a few seconds of a video. Also, I wish the entire videos weren't embedded in the app after you clip it. I only discovered this after seeing how much space my videos were taking up on my iPhone. It would be nice if after you clip videos, even if it's just a few seconds, that iMovie could only keep those few seconds within the app and you could delete the whole video off your camera roll. To get around this and to save space I basically delete all my video clips from my phone after I make sure to create and save the final video and transfer it to my computer. Anyway, great app tho... Gets the job done
Good but I expect more from apple
This is app is fun and easy to use and I have made a great deal of projects but I have a few complaints. First of all, whenever you put a music track in a movie, it starts at the beginning ALL the time. This is extremely annoying. Once when I was making a movie with my friends I wanted to have us having a dance party with the Neon audio song in the background. We couldn't control when the song started so we had to dance to the Radio sound effect. Ruined the project. Second, it crashes NONSTOP when I use it on my iPad mini. Since I'm the only one who seems to be having this problem, It may just be a problem with my iPad. However this could not be more annoying and I would appreciate if it were fixed. Lastly, you should be able to add WAY more effects to your videos. Right now all you can do is slow motion, which is very limited. Effects I would like to see include fast forward, black and white, kaleidoscope, etc. Overall, this is all is good but I do expect a bit more from apple and I would love to see the features I mentioned included in the next update.
Great idea, bad result
I have worked soo hard on this one project, and was ready to export it. Then, it tells me I don't have enough space because I have too much videos, probably FROM the project. I delete some of the videos on camera roll, thinking that I would have enough space then. Then the next thing you know, when i try to export it, it says that it can't export because I deleted some of the videos?!? That might have completely changed the way I think about iMovie. Really upsetting. Especially when you take all your time to create this one project and to export it, then finding out that now it's COMPLETELY impossible to export, all because I deleted some of the previous videos for extra space?!? That took 3 stars off of my review, but I left one behind because you FINALLY decided to update. Don't get me wrong, I was definitely impressed with the editing, AND other cool stuff, but that all got messed up because of the delete video, delete scenes from project thing. Very irritating. PLEASE FIX BEFORE I CHANGE MY RATING TO 1 STAR ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 22, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 635 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2013 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.