Crackle - Movies & TV
By Sony Pictures Television
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Watch free movies and TV on your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
Crackle is the destination to watch Hollywood movies, hit TV shows and exclusive Crackle Originals. Always free. On all devices. So escape the daily grind and recharge with great comedy, drama and action entertainment.
- Stream premium shows and movies with a library full of all-star hits… completely free.
- Watch Crackle’s fresh and unique Original programming, including buzzworthy TV shows and movies such as Snatch, StartUp, SuperMansion, Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser, and more. Stars include: Jerry Seinfeld, Rupert Grint, Martin Freeman, Charlie Sheen, Kate Bosworth and more.
- Search our genre categories including comedy, drama, action, fandom and icon to find awesome hits and forgotten favorites.
- Browse our Spotlight Channel with ‘What’s On Now’ and our top recommendations handpicked by our team at Sony Pictures Studio in Hollywood.
- No cable subscription (or money) needed, ever.
- Create a free account to save your place and pick up where you left off on any device.
- Save your favorite movies and TV shows on your Watch Later list.
- Log-in for free to pause in the middle of watching and pick up right where you left off, even if you switch devices.
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software, which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy** for more information.
**The link doesn¹t allow the user to opt-out, it just provides the information about the policy.
What's New in Version 5.5
Thanks for watching Crackle. We’ve squashed bugs and improved playback stability so you can continue to enjoy Crackle hassle-free.
Unusable subtitle function after ads freeze film
I need subtitles to understand the films due to hearing loss. However, when I turn on the subtitles and watch the film, I tend to always get stuck at the last frame of the movie prior to the ad interruption. The ad doesn't play, but the countdown of the ad shows and works in the bottom left. But the screen freezes on the last frame of the movie as it is going into ad mode. I reset the iPhone and I reset the app, I cleared my cache and RAM and all, still can't get the subtitles to resume working again after these little freezes. The movie will resume playing but the subtitles lose their track and won't come back on after the ad frame freeze. It's sad because they have great movies but what use are the movies or the app if I can't even get the subtitles to stay functional?
App < Content
This app is completely outdated and is in dire need of an upgrade. IT DOES NOT auto play the next episode of the series that you are currently watching. However it will play an entirely new show that you have not seen; much like russian roulette. DO NOT rely on the app to remember where you left off on a show (had to drop three shows because I am too lazy to figure out where I left off at.) The only reason I gave it an extra star is due to its content. IT DOES OFFER great content and new(ish) faces which is a breath of fresh air (tired of seeing the same A-list Hollywood faces over and over again.) They're definitely moving in the right direction just need to update their app and make the UI easier to use.
I downloaded this app, despite all the awful reviews, and I sure am glad that I did! Idk what all those reviewers were complaining about. The commercials are shorter than network television and seem diverse. I have never seen the same one more than once during a break. It saves where I am during the episodes and hasn't frozen or crashed once. Those people are crazy, this app is fantastic to me. I love having another option when I am streaming and it's FREE!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 30, 2017
- Version: 5.5
- Size: 50.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Sony Pictures Television
- © 2011-2016 Crackle, Inc., a Sony Pictures Entertainment company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes