"5 stars - This app is great. Very Quick. Would highly recommend". See more in customer reviews.
MathU 12D, the Deluxe Financial RPN Calculator, is written from the ground up to behave exactly like and surpass the classic HP-12C.
MathU 12D uses the same RPN (Reverse Polish Notation) entry system and supports the same mathematical functions as the HP-12C. In fact, if you are familiar with the HP-12C you will be able to use MathU 12D right away.
Made by Creative Creek, LLC. We have been making calculators for mobile devices for over 20 years. Also check out MathU RPN, our advanced scientific and financial RPN calculator.
MathU 12D adds some big improvements over the original HP-12C:
1) Visible Financial Registers -- The values of the financial registers are displayed prominently above the associated buttons. This allows you to quickly verify that the loan parameters are correct and builds confidence in the results.
2) Computation Speed -- You will be amazed how quickly MathU 12D produces results. Even complicated calculations like the determination of interest rate, IRR or NPV are finished in a fraction of a second.
3) Two line display -- A two line display can be chosen so that the x and y register values are always visible. You can immediately see results and verify input values.
4) Visible Programming -- Program lines are displayed using the function name instead of the key pad location. This makes reading and writing MathU 12D programs easier.
5) 20 Registers unaffected by programs - The registers are not shared with the program space so you can create up to 99 line programs without sacrificing any storage space.
Documentation for MathU 12D is available from within the app. All the functions work exactly the same as on the HP-12C, so if you are familiar with the HP-12C you will be able to use MathU 12D right away.
- Fast and accurate computation based on
IEEE double precision (up to 16 digits)
- 5 financial registers (visible on the main screen)
- 20 storage registers
- Programmable with up to 99 program steps
- Program steps show function name directly
- Two line display
- FIX, SCI, and ENG display modes
- Access to on-line documentation
- Settings screen
- Thousands and decimal separators follow international format settings
- Copy and paste support
- Support for iOS 8.x or higher.
- Support for iPhone and iPad
- Time value of money (N,i,PV,PMT,FV)
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Simple interest
- Cash Flows (CF0, CFj, Nj)
- Bond pricing and yield (PRICE, YTM)
- Depreciation based on
- Straight line (SL)
- Sum-Of-the-Years-Digits (SOYD)
- Declining balance (DB)
- Date in future (DATE) or days between dates (DYS)
- Statistics mean, std, wieghted mean, factorial
- Percent, percent change and percent of total
- Linear curve fitting (x,r y,r)
- Scientific functions (y^x, e^x, sqrt, 1/x, ln)
- Integer and fractional parts (INTG, FRAC)
Compatibility release for iOS 11.x. Fixes a few issues in the 2.0.3 release.
Ratings and Reviews
Not able to move off app - forces restart
iPhone XR - app works , but once you start it , you are stuck on the app until you do a restart. Keeping 5 stars for now since the performance over the last 5 plus years has been perfect until now.
Better than the real thing!
I have used the 12c since it was first sold by HP. I used its predecessor model, too. I use HP's virtual version on my laptop.
This app is a seamless improvement on a classic design. Take this from a retired financier, this is the best financial calculator app! Update: Still using it with iOS 10.
PERFECT HP 12 C !!!
I too have been using a 12C since it first came on the market 35+ years ago - Yikes! - But wanting not to carry an actual 12C around I discovers this WONDERFUL App 4 years ago! Its always worked PERFECTLY! No need to buy the “competition” - this free app does the job!!!! Thanks!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.