Audiobooks from Audible
By Audible, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Not enough time for all the books you want to enjoy? Download the app by Audible, an Amazon company, to listen to books on the go.
Immerse yourself in a great story anytime, anywhere, by downloading from a breathtaking range of 150,000+ titles to your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad—from best sellers to classics, and everything in-between.
Now you can turn on a good book even when you can’t pick one up—on your way to work, at the gym, while folding laundry, or any other time your eyes and hands are busy.
• Transfer books to your device over wi-fi
• Chapter navigation, bookmarking, sleep mode, variable narration speed, button-free mode
• Multitasking for background downloading and listening
• Earn badges and keep track of your listening habits
• NEW! Switch between reading and listening with Whispersync for Voice (compatible Kindle app or device required)
• Connect to Facebook and Twitter to let your friends know what you’re listening to
• Get insider information about author events and more with the Audible Newsfeed
Supports Audible.com, Audible.co.uk, Audible.de, Audible.fr, and Audible.com.au
Listening with Audible is always time well spent. Download the free app now and discover a smarter way to use your smartphone.
Let us help you at www.audible.com/help or get in touch on Twitter @audible_com
What's New in Version 2.0.11
Now you can view full cover art from the iPhone player screen. Tap on the center of the cover to dismiss the player controls that are obstructing the art, and tap on it again to bring the controls back. In particular, this is good news for our children's books with synchronized images.
Listeners can view book info and mark their title as "finished" directly from the library. To access both these features, tap and hold on the book in the library, and a new menu will pop up with these two options.
Best audiobook app EVER
HAPPINESS IS BUYING AUDIOBOOKS THROUGH AUDIBLE.
Reasons to use Audible:
1. It is easy to purchase, and download audiobooks. Huge library of books. The site also offer recommendations which are spot on. The site is easy to browse.
2. You can download audiobooks to more than one device. The backup on the cloud is impeccable. Audible sets the benchmark for audiobooks. (No Cloud backup with iTunes.)
3. Books are easy to manage, load and archive
4. The chapter, bookmark, and snooze functions are perfect.
5. You can listen to books that you have purchased via iTunes.
6. Whysper sync with your books on your Kindle.
7. Offer a "club" membership where you purchased credits to buy your audiobooks. This offers you a discount on the audiobooks. You can opt to purchase them just with regular dollars. I do this when the book it's less than what I think my credit is worth. Perfect.
I wish when I first started buying audiobooks that I had started with Audible. I bought my audiobooks via iTunes and use the Apple app to listen. It is difficult to back up your books via iTunes. You have to do it to a computer. No cloud backup. You can only download iTunes audiobooks one time. Overall, not a good experience with iTunes audio books even though I am addicted to audiobooks and kept buying them.
Audible only now.
ANYONE who loves to read should have this!
Listening to audio books during long commutes to and from work has saved me so many headaches, it's unbelievable! I tell all my friends about Audible! I like the bookmark feature a lot. I only ran into one book that did not have the capability to bookmark - that was attributed to the formatting of the audio book and not the application, because I've had no problems with other books. The sleep mode is awesome - I could go into detail how to make the best of this feature, but not enough room...sorry! I get a little miffed when the badge thingy pops up with messages like I'm a novice at this thing (dumb huh?). The truth is, I've listened to "hundreds" of books....before this app began. In short, I read ebooks and when its not feasible (i.e. during workout) I listen to an audio book selected just for my workouts, walks, etc.) It's pretty cool the book is in the cloud so I can pick up my iPhone or iPad and 'read' / 'listen' to the same book where I left off.... LOL! That's in theory, to be honest. I'm still working with this feature - it's not a perfect world when using the cloud feature yet, I must admit. No biggie, however....I still give this app a 5 BIG stars....the benefits FAR outweigh the negatives. Best thing since low-cal Subway sandwiches!
Most Favoritest App
I've been an audio-book fan for YEARS. Back in the 80's & 90's, I was a "professional voice artist", which is a fancy way of saying I was a reader for "books-on-tape" as it used to be known. That being said, I have a LONG history with audio book production and I absolutely ADORE Audible!!!
I listen to audio books as I clean house, work in my yarden, workout, walk, drive on long trips: in other words, I use it Audible a lot!!! These books kept me entertained while driving from Alabama to Colorado a few weeks ago and they kept me company while I built a shed this weekend.
The bookmark feature works well for me as I often switch between listening on my iPhone and my iPad. I really appreciate everything stored on the cloud, which means I can pick up right were I left off. I haven't used WhisperSync much, because if I sit down to read, I usually fall asleep.
Every time I update the app, in impressed that they've found something to improve! Nothing in this world is perfect, but it's nice to have a company that actually listens to suggestions an works to improve its products. They also offer excellent specials and they have interesting daily deals. I've been using this app for several years and I plan on continuing my service with them.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jan 06, 2014
- Version: 2.0.11
- Size: 26.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Audible, Inc.
- © 2013. Audible, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.