A clock and weather app unlike any you've ever seen. Living Earth presents a stunning live 3D simulation of our planet with weather, forecasts and world clock for cities around the world. View global cloud patterns, hurricanes and tropical storms. Explore weather dynamics on our planet with real time weather maps and tropical cyclone tracking. Gaze at our planet floating amongst a universe of thousands of accurately rendered stars and gain a completely new perspective on time and weather.
"A stunning app that shows the Earth in real time, based on global weather reports. " - WIRED
"Living Earth is proof that a world clock and weather app can be beautiful." - Apple @AppStore
"Living Earth is visually impressive and just fun." - MacStories
One purchase for all devices - iPhone and iPad
● Live clouds from near real time satellite cloud data - updated every 3 hours. View global cloud patterns, hurricanes and tropical storms.
● Live weather maps of temperature, humidity, wind and forecasts.
● World clock and weather for over 3 million cities. 10 day and 2-hour forecasts powered by Weather Underground.
● Tropical cyclone notifications. Receive push notifications of new tropical cyclones and updates on current storm systems.
● Today Widget provides quick access to weather essentials, sunrise/sunset times, world clock and active tropical cyclones.
● Home Screen temperature icon. The current temperature for your location can be displayed on your Home Screen icon.
● Stars, constellations, and the Milky Way are displayed accurately in time and space.
● Alarm Clock with music playlist. Wake up to a stunning view of the planet with your favorite music.
● iCloud city syncing between all devices including Living Earth App for Mac.
Quality detailed weather information provided by Weather Underground (www.wunderground.com). Weather Underground is the world's best source of the most reliable and accurate weather data available.
EMAIL US: email@example.com
BECOME A FAN: https://www.facebook.com/LivingEarthApp
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/livingearthapp
• Ready for iOS 12.
• Support for iOS 12 Siri Shortcuts. Your most used actions in Living Earth can be added as a Siri voice shortcut or as a Siri suggestion in Spotlight search and the Lock Screen.
• Support for new upcoming devices.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve used this app for years. It goes hand in hand with WU (weather underground). Just like any weather app or channel, anything past about 48 hours worth of forecast is not entirely accurate. This app is usually fairly spot on within a 24 hour time span, and 100% spot on within a 6 hour mark. I’d say 90-99% accurate within 7-24 hours. This isn’t the apps fault..that’s Mother Nature for you. If you’re a biker needing to know the weather for the day, this app is PERFECT. You’ll need weather underground as well because if there are rain clouds in the distance as warned by living earth, you can prepare yourself for a snack/smoke break under a bridge till the rain/storm passes by seeing and “playing” it’s estimate path. I’ve use this and WU for construction work, motorcycle riding/cruising, any outside activities or anything else that I need to know a 1-2 day forecast with. I’d give it a 75% accurate maybe 4-5 days ahead of time, and you’ll even notice when clicking on days, it won’t show hours. The app and weatherman both have a hard time predicting what’s going to happen at that time, but have a general idea. I don’t buy many apps from the App Store, but I highly recommend this one for anyone who could use it for their daily lifestyle.
Hope this helps!
Very Nearly PERFECT...
I love this app. It gives so much information about the world: it gives worldwide weather conditions & temperatures, and mean temperatures; developing storms can be pinpointed (you can also keep track of storms as they grow into hurricanes or typhoons, or sputter out); population centers are indicated by concentrated areas of light (but only on the dark half); the app can easily be set to show specific cities that you program in; cities are marked by a small, round “light,” (though they’re unnamed!?), and more.
There are features that I would love to see added, though. I’d love to have the option to use the globe for geography AND weather, plus a view showing BOTH together. For that, they would have to add a view with nations, cities, & land and water features marked. It’s the same with other views; high/low, and median high & low temps, for example, would be even better if a view showing the exact places - the names of nations, cities, mountain ranges and rivers, etc. were added.
Maybe these things are available on PAID versions of this app, but I haven’t looked yet; besides, I think they should appear on the free one. I’m going to go check out the paid version[s]! But even as it is, for free... I love this app!
Well, since the 2nd time I gave Living Earth a 2nd glowing reviews several years ago, things have changed. I am a weather fanatic and had 3 favorite places in Antarctica including my normal 8-10 other weather favorites set. About a year ago, I was no longer able to get any weather in Antarctica. Namly, “The South Pole”; “McMurdo Station” and “Vostok Station”. After a month of not being able to get the weather at those places, I sent them a message asking about it. I was told that “Weather Underground” who supplies their data, no longer was able to get weather from there. Other than that, I love this app. I just want to get weather at those places again. Comm’on guys, SOMEONE out there has to be able to get it. I’m kinda wondering if they just don’t want anyone to know how bad it’s getting there due to global warming. Has anyone else noticed how bad it is there? I wonder why such a HUGE population of Penguins and their chicks have died off lately. I’m talking massive amounts of Penguins. Is that why we can’t get daily weather updates from there now? Still love the app, just don’t like that I can’t get stats from there anymore. ☹️
- Radiantlabs, LLC
- 170 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Radiantlabs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.