Living Earth - Clock & Weather
By Radiantlabs, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Chosen by Apple as the best iPhone and iPad Utility in App Store Rewind *
* Named by New York Times as a Top 10 iPad App *
Enjoy a stunning live 3D simulation of our planet with global weather, forecasts and world clock for cities around the world. View live global cloud patterns, hurricanes and tropical storms. Explore and experience amazing weather dynamics on our planet with real-time 3D weather maps and typhoon and hurricane tracking. Living Earth is the best and most beautiful World Clock, Weather and Alarm available for your iPhone and iPad!
"Living Earth is proof that a world clock and weather app can be beautiful" - Apple
"In a sea of more complicated and ambitious apps, Living Earth is beautifully simple." - New York Times 'Best Apps'
"A stunning app that shows the Earth in real time, based on global weather reports. " - WIRED Insider 'Must Have Apps'
One purchase for all devices - iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
● Live clouds from near real-time satellite cloud data - updated every 3 hours. View global cloud patterns, hurricanes and tropical storms around the world.
● Live 3d weather maps of temperature, humidity, wind and forecasts. Explore and view our planet in completely new detail!
● World clock, weather and extended forecast for millions of cities around the world with 7 day and 2-hour forecasts.
● Tropical cyclone notifications. Receive push notifications of new tropical cyclones and updates on current storm systems.
● Home Screen temperature icon. The real-time temperature for your location can be displayed on your Home Screen icon.
● Observe sunrise and sunset borders around the world live as they are happening. Watch the day and night shadow line progress across the globe through the day.
● Sunrise and Sunset times for each city.
● Rayleigh atmospheric scattering calculations for photorealistic atmospheric simulation.
● Observe the changing seasons throughout the year. View snow and ice coverage as well as other seasonal changes on our globe.
● High resolution live 3D simulation. Optimized for the iPhone Retina display and the new iPad.
● Alarm Clock with music playlist. Wake up to a stunning view of the planet with your favorite music!
● iCloud city syncing with Living Earth App for Mac.
Quality detailed weather information is provided by Weather Underground the most reliable, accurate weather information available!
EMAIL US: email@example.com
BECOME A FAN: https://www.facebook.com/LivingEarthApp
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/livingearthhd
What's New in Version 3.02
Mostly a minor bug fix release :)
• Imperial Barometric pressure to two decimals.
• Fix bug with alarm enable/disable on iPhone.
• Fix occasional crash with only one city enabled.
• Fix animation issue when rotating out of South Pole.
• Fix a handful of others no one noticed (whew).
Beautiful & useful --my go-to weather app!
Living Earth is amazing to look at-- displaying incredible amounts of realtime info visually in a fluid, intuitive way. Ability to switch to other views of the planet showing humidity, low, high temperatures etc is a nice feature that makes it easy to grasp the big picture of time & weather on our planet at a glance. I stuck the default weather app and the others I'd bought in a buried folder after my 1st hour with Living Earth! The use of notification badge on icon to show current temp of my location is my favorite feature of all. The quality of the earth imagery, showing day/night terminator, cloud coverage and city lights-- which you can spin and zoom in/out---is great and very compelling. You can click arrows next to place name to move to next or previous place on your list of saved cities, and the planet spins and zooms fluidly to the target; very handy.
Wish list: to be able to tap a place on the globe, and have the app identify it, and perhaps offer to add it to your places list.
This app sits on the dock on my 5s, taking one of the 4 places available, so I can see the temp easily, instantly----that's how much I value this app.
Just great!! Frankly, there is nothing comparable out there! ...
just 2 suggestion2 (but one, which only a weather wonk could have):
if one could add to the earth covering maps:
i) maps showing air pressure using isobar contours (with the hPa numbers) and wind fields using arrow fields depicting direction and speed via arrows, like the forecast centers use them professionally
ii) for all maps: an animated loops for the last 12-24 hours in 30 min steps, to see trends visually - and animated loops of the forecast simulation maps for say air pressure isobar contours and wind speed
As I said, i) and ii) are pure wonk wishes for wonk heaven, and possibly not easy to realize worldwide because of the type of data sets to be automatically downloaded into the app from worldwide weather forecast centers ...
So, I am happy, VERY happy, as it is now!! but if you anyhow manage to something of the above ;-))
I love this! We use it every day! At least once or more! We live on Kaua'i and the weather is changeable. My husband is an artist who paints outdoors, and has to plan his day!
It is ideal to check large planetary weather systems that impact hurricanes, cyclones, blizzards, etc. You get severe weather warnings.
You can create settings to show you cloud patterns, winds, temperatures, and customize your view. I truly use this frequently each day.
As we travel, I have about six cities around the planet on my dashboard, and can check conditions with a flick of my finger. Very handy for travel, or to check on relatives!
Very accurate and useful! Planetary vital signs. IRIS will also give you global earthquake info, but it isn't in this app...I wish it was included!
I love this!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 18, 2014
- Version: 3.02
- Size: 57.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Radiantlabs, LLC
- © 2014 Radiantlabs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.