By Viber Media, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Viber, everyone in the world can connect. Freely. More than 200 million Viber users text, call, and send photo and video messages worldwide over Wifi or 3G - for free. Viber Out can be used to make calls to non-Viber landlines and mobile numbers at low rates. Viber is available for many smartphones and platforms.
On Viber, your phone number is your ID. The app syncs with your mobile contact list, automatically detecting which of your contacts have Viber.
• Text with your friends
• Make free calls with HD sound quality
• Share photos, videos, voice messages, locations, stickers and emoticons
• Groups with up to 100 participants
• Download stickers from the Sticker Market, making messaging fun!
• Push notifications guarantee that you never miss a call or message, even when Viber is off
• Support for the Viber Desktop application on Windows and Mac
Localized to: Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (SP), Chinese (TR), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (BR), Portuguese (PT), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese
Viber is completely free with no advertising.
We value your privacy.
Follow us for updates and news:
Facebook - http://facebook.com/viber
Twitter - http://twitter.com/viber
(*) Network data charges may apply
What's New in Version 4.1.1
Viber is useful but impractical:
when will you give option to...
individual texts within sms conversation? (as iMessages)
not all sms from all history but just per person contacted?
a. not all history from all conversations but just individual persons contacted
b. option to not just eMail but copy/paste
c. why burry eMailing conversation 5 steps deep?! put eMail/delete button right at conversation screen!
why copy emoticons when you eMail history but you do not copy or include your own stickers in that text?!
we do not want the word "sticker" we want the actual sticker embedded or the history is useless as we won't know which stickers were part of our writings.
why not allow any contact to be invited, by typing it manually, instead of you forcing to access our entire contact address book & to allow only access if contact is already in address book?! why so limiting & so forceful?!
when can you please add those practical features. it's so common sense it's astonishing you did not include them already. what’s taking you so long?! stop adding in-app purchases before you fix those essential features!
6. finally do iPAD app!
Great Value, Trusty. Poor Privacy.
Works better for me than Skype has in a very very long time. Although its not as many features, at least messages and calls work great. Ive grow to rely on Viber 24/7. The most recent version has been giving me severe 5 second delays during calls after having viber open for a week. Force closing viber and rebooting viber fixes this. Using a 5s. Viber has very poorly addressed privacy concerns. There should be an auto delete history option-yes i realize this could cause messages to be lost-it should still be an option. Theres no way to designate who has permission to call and message you! A stalker's dream app! You cant change the message and ring tones. I would prefer choices for my alerting sounds. I use a triangle "ding" sound for phone calls its plenty loud enough and not annoying, id love to use it for viber if i could. Caution: if you have closed viber, its possible that people calling you wont realize because they still hear the call ringing through, they dont know youre offline until they refresh the status of the message screen for that user.
Well I've only made a few Viber calls & am yet to check my costs but the call quality was perfect. I give it 5 stars for this. Can't comment on the cost as yet.
But here is an idea for a biz like Viber or similar.
1. It would be great if at the end of each call, or even during the call if the cost of the call was being displayed on the screen.
2. BUT not only the VIBER cost but also what the call cost WOULD HAVE BEEN if it made using your regular Landline Telco & thus have an immediate comparison side by side.
Obviously the App would need to know somehow what the costs are from the other provider. These costs could be enter into the Viber app at setup so it can draw from that & then display the two for comparison.
Since there are so many plans avail from your Telco it may not be so simple but certainly doable. I think it would be a winner.
Who knows, perhaps I might develop such an app myself.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 06, 2014
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 35.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Viber Media Inc.
- © Viber Media S.à r.l.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Viber credit pack$4.99
- Viber credit pack$0.99
- Viber credit pack$9.99
- Office Life Sticker Pack$1.99
- Zoe & Alex Sticker Pack$1.99
- Young Love Sticker Pack$1.99
- Lenard Sticker Pack$1.99
- Love Sticker Pack$1.99
- Fight! Sticker Pack$1.99
- The Smurfs Sticker Pack$1.99