By American Airlines
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the travel app that understands who you are and where you’re going. From where you’re departing and from what gate. Where you’ll sit and even where you are on the standby list. Simply swipe and tap your way through your personalized American Airlines travel information with the app that’s perfect for flying through airports.
- Enter your login & password only once: saving your info allows the app to push your upcoming flight details to your home screen, automatically
- Set a parking reminder
- Monitor your place on the standby list
- Track your Elite Status progress
- View personal flight details: get your gate, seat and flight status info at a glance
- Access your mobile boarding pass: the app saves it for you, so it’s always easy to find
- Add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook
- Use GPS to locate the nearest American Airlines serviced airport
- View terminal maps
Plus, access a variety of other tools to help you manage, plan and further enjoy each trip you take on American Airlines:
- Book Flights
- Check In for Flights
- Create Flight Status Notifications
- Check Flight Status & Schedules
- Access your AAdvantage® account*
- Enroll in the AAdvantage® program
- Access Contact Information
For Passbook users, you can add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook and it will automatically appear on your lock screen as you get closer to your departure time. You can find out additional details about your flight by selecting the information button on the front of your pass in Passbook. This information button will display your record locator, departure date, duration of the flight, and if wifi is available for your flight. The pass will automatically update with flight details if flight status is checked in our app.
We are developing our plans for future functionality to be included in our American Airlines app. Please send us your feedback. We are listening.
Upon installation, you are consenting to the install of this application and any future updates or upgrades you may request.
Contact Us: 1-800-222-2377
What's New in Version 4.7.0
We fixed a bunch of little things (but we don’t want to bore you with the details). Enjoy!
Still won't work for families w/ same name traveling together
Why have you STILL not fixed the bug that makes this app useless for trips when family members who have the same first & last names travel on the same itinerary? My son & I travel together a lot (same first & last names, different middle names &, of course, different AAdvantage numbers) -- and it's very frustrating not to be able to use the same app that I always use when traveling on business or any other time when my son is not traveling with me. You've known about this glitch for some time but continue to ignore.
Good for check in & boarding passes
Love this app for quick check in and mobile boarding passes. Don't have any issues. I'm a business traveler and find it very useful. I fly AA all the time. I don't purchase flights through the app. I prefer to do that on my computer anyway.
App has one main purpose and fails to do it
I tried to check in and check flight status while at airport and I was unable to do either one claiming that it could not find my information. I used the website and it works just fine. Guess I'll stick with the website.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 23, 2016
- Version: 4.7.0
- Size: 61.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: American Airlines, Inc.
- © Copyright 2014 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.