8player is a universal multimedia application for your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
8 years in the App Store, 500 000 Pro users, more than 200 updates... and it’s just the beginning! Join in!
With 8player for iOS you can:
• Play media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP and Dropbox servers, as well as local videos, music and photos;
• Control media files playback on your DLNA players (renderers) and Chromecast devices;
• Download media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP, Dropbox servers to play them offline;
• Create and edit music playlists inside the app;
• Connect to your DLNA / UPnP servers remotely via mobile Internet or from any other external network*.
• Play media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB and FTP servers;
• Use 8player as a DLNA / UPnP renderer.
• Video (including subtitles): avi, mkv, mp4, mov, mpg, vob, wmv, m4v, asf, flv, ogg, 3gp, divx, dv, dat, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, moov, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, webm, wm etc;
• Music: flac, mp3, aac, alac, wav, aif, wma, ac3 etc;
• Images: heic, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, ico, tiff etc.
* You can find information on remote access setup at: http://8softmobile.com/products/8player/remote
• Auto detection of SMB servers (including Apple's Time Capsule and AirPort devices) has been improved
Ratings and Reviews
Nothing more than clunky average.
Why is it so difficult to write an app, easy to use, clean, modern looking and modern in functionality. It should mimic the online streaming apps in function for browsing, viewing , copying down and meta data.
Why is it that so many of these streaming apps sample pics show cover art and data but never work that way in real life?
All of my videos have full meta data and cover art but have not found one app yet that works the way they lead you to believe.
The pcs can do it, why can’t the apps?
Version 2.12.2 very convincing app
Just tried the Nov2014 version of this app. It's flawless. Will be buying the unlocked version for sure. I use this to play my MP3 collection in my win7 media player PC onto my iPad. The best feature is it will play your media player playlists (or you can create new playlists inside the app). You can also download your music into the app for offline playback. Awesome. It plays your pictures and videos well also but the music features here are wonderful and alone worth the buy.
Best app amongst those available.. Needs a couple of enhancements and it'll be perfect
Discovered all media servers AND players connected to my network! I was able to use it not only to play on iPad, but also to stream from one media server to an external media player connected to my HDTV! It was almost like a remote control!!
I wish they can allow streaming FROM it to the players on my network so I can play on my HDTV wirelessly. Once they do that, and also add some more formats (mkv, flv, Div, ect.), it'll be perfect.. Still the best there is now.
- Oleksandr Smeshkov
- 83.2 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2018 8soft
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.