9/10 in WIRED’s App Guide - Selected as an Honoree in the Webby Awards - Featured in CNN’s 50 Ultimate Travel Apps
ALSO FEATURED BY: The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, msnbc, ABC News, Wall Street Journal, USA TODAY, The Washington Post, Travel + Leisure…
- 100% OFFLINE – NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED except for sharing and updates.
- TRAVEL GUIDE with attractions, museums, restaurants, bars, hotels, theatres and shops with TRAVELER REVIEWS and RATINGS, pictures, rich travel info, prices and opening hours.
- PERSONALIZED TRIP ITINERARIES - Exclusive technology - The Trip Genius automatically creates personalized trip itineraries according to your travel interests, pace preference, trip dates, accommodation, personalized favorites, location and opening hours of places as well as ratings from other travelers. Use smart order to rearrange your visits and customize your itinerary at any time.
- OFFLINE MAP & DIRECTIONS - The only guide with offline navigation! - Have the guide locate you on the map and provide you with directions to a place by foot or by subway. Use all map and direction features 100% offline with no roaming fees!
- AUGMENTED REALITY - View your environment and all the places to visit in real-time, with distance, ratings, prices and opening hours.
- TRIP JOURNAL - NEW FEATURE - Easily create and share a trip journal with your check-ins, pictures, and comments!
- SHARING – Share your check-ins, postcards, pictures, reviews and trip journal by email or Facebook. Items are stored on your device and sent automatically when a free internet connection is available!
- TRIP DASHBOARD - Available at www.mtrip.me, the trip dashboard gathers your trip journals, itineraries, and favorite places from all of your destinations in one place. You can share it with friends and print your itineraries!
- TRANSFER YOUR ITINERARY between devices and back them up online
- OTHER FEATURES – Send pictures and postcards by email or Facebook, easily discover new places, currency converter, subway map, add personal places and more!
To explore mTrip’s other destinations please visit www.mtrip.com
mTrip’s Hong Kong Travel Guide is available in: English, French, and German
MTRIP IN THE NEWS!
LA TIMES - “App maker mTrip's signature Genius will generate an itinerary for you based on your preferences”
NEW YORK TIMES - “Travelers with iPhones should add mTrip to their augmented reality specialty apps list”
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL - “These next-gen travel guides can take care of stress-inducing itinerary-planning in Asia, Europe and the U.S."
ASSOCIATED PRESS - “The new iPhone application mTrip is a travel guide and then some: It uses the latest in smart phone technology to make it easier to stay on track in a foreign locale”
IPHONE LIFE - "Don't travel without them”
TECH VIBES - "Actually knowing what I'm doing and where I'm going in a world otherwise new to me... priceless"
For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to answer your questions.
General enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Missing one essential thing, otherwise great.
I used this app, in Vienna, summer 2011. We're not experience travelers and it really let us be our own tour guides.
What it is missing is bus and tram info. It had subway only. Vienna has perhaps the best public transport system in the world, just with the subways, but you need the bus or tram (above ground) to get some locations and it is, oddly, missing from this otherwise great app. A friend had some app on his outdated Blackberry that was simple and text-based, but it included the above-ground transport, whereas this, otherwise far superior app did not. That's a little odd.
1) Some really great and long established (and inexpensive!) resteraunts were missing.
2) It needs a 'add current location' button, so that when you are at some place, you can add it. My TomTom GPS has that. Currently, to add a place you have to type in the address and of course you need to know the address.
The map ends abruptly at the edge of the city. Go up the Danube and suddenly you won't know where you are. I understand that it is a Vienna guide app and It does not need to have info on all of Austria, but at least let me see where I am on a simple map when I'm outside the city.
I'd look around for another app that has more transportation options. This app has cool features, so you may need to buy this one plus another.
I had used the timeout travel app for my last trip to Europe and absolutely loved it, so I was more than willing to pay the same amount of money for another travel app.. In short, this one was a complete waste of money. The app doesn't locate you on the map and asks you to turn the GPS on when my other app that was FREE had no problem locating me. It makes numerous suggestions for restaurants but very inconvenient when you're trying to actually get to one. The distance, ratings, navigation were all very poorly done and inaccurate. I normally don't rate apps, but I really wouldn't want anyone wasting their money on. Vienna is an amazing city with so much culture and charm, I would tell my friends not to ruin it by getting frustrated over a overpriced lousy app.
Best travel app!
Visited Vienna for the first time and it was a life saver. Well worth the cost. It has it all, helps you pick out and save the sites and places you most want to visit, and, the biggest plus, it can track where you are without using data (offline). As an American without my 4G abroad, this alone was worth it. Great app.
- mTrip Inc.
- 146.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 mTrip
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.