iDo Notepad Pro (Diary/Journal/Dropbox)
By Neil Thomas
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iDo Notepad Pro is a simple to use notepad diary/journal app. Easily create notes, loads of different fonts, folders, alerts, Dropbox, unique recycle bin, Rich text editing plus lots more -
* Supports iCloud syncing and backup.
* Style Manager. you can select text and change its style - Bold, Italic, Underline, Strike-thru, font type, font size, Shadow, background and foreground colours, no more single style for your notes, make then look great. (iOS 6+ Required)
* Attach photos to notes, view and add captions + post to Facebook (iOS6+ Required)
* Post your notes to Facebook or Twitter (iOS 6+ Required)
* Send notes via SMS/iMessage.
* Folders, you can now create folders to store your notes in to make it easier to manage all your notes.
* Dropbox Support - Dropbox Navigator button rotates the standard left pane to display a full dropbox directory which can be fully navigated.
* Create and Delete folders from within the Dropbox navigator.
* Link your note with Dropbox for automatically saving to Dropbox.
* Setup a home folder so each time you use the Dropbox navigator it will automatically be displayed.
* Full screen mode gives you more space to edit your notes.
* Printing - Print your note to a compatible ePrint HP printer.
* Multi Tasking Enabled.
* EMOJI Keyboard Supported.
* Receive and export files between iDo Notepad Senior and other enabled applications
* Import and View PDF and office files (read only)
* Drag and Drop - move files and folders around the folder structure by dragging and dropping the note in the notes lists.
* Alerts - Alerts allow you to set a notification for you note at any given date and time so you get alerted even if the app is not running.
* Alert Manager - Keep track of all you passed and present alerts.
* Files and Folder locking - Lock files so that a password is required to view/delete the note/folder.
* Recycle Bin - When deleting notes they will automatically moved to the recycle bin allowing them to be restored if deleted in error.
* Password security stops people looking at your notes.
* Password Reminder - Option to add a password reminder in settings to help you if you forget your password.
* Supports Text Expander
* Tab button displayed when typing notes.
* Sorting in Notes Lists, sort by Note Name (Ascending and descending) and Note Creating date (Ascending and descending)
* Simple to use calendar allows you to select different dates for your notes.
* Selection of built in icons allow you to identify different notes.
* Easily import icons/images from your photos library to help identify different notes.
* Record voice notes.
* Select 3 different recording levels to save on storage space.
* Easily email your note/voice note to anyone.
* Simple search bar allows you to search all your note titles and full search the body of your notes.
* Ability to group notes by type.
* All notes can have a different priority and can also be searched by this.
* Auto save feature.
* Each Note records the location of where the note was first created and displays this on the stats page using maps.
* Option to disable localisation in settings if required.
* Stats page reports shows when the note was created, last updated, Word and letter counts, font type used, font size, note priority and details about the voice note recorded (length, size, etc).
* View the creation location of your note, see the Longitude and Latitude coordinates, select between Standard, Satellite or Hybrid map.
* Watermark images can be enabled or disabled.
* Calendar day can now start on Sunday or Monday.
* Music Player - Very basic music player added to help select music without exiting/Task Switching our of the app.
If you have any ideas, enhancements, comments or problems please email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do my best to help you, please don't leave questions in the reviews as we can't reply to these.
Thanks for taking the time to look at the app.
What's New in Version 2.87
Fixed issues on changing styles where iOS8 would scroll to the top of the note.
Fixed issue where folders would not highlight green when dragging and dropping notes.
Fixed iCloud crash issue.
Several other bugs fixes and compatibility changes for iOS8
This app is very close to perfect. It is simple yet capable, logical, thoroughly useful, and well done. My brain works best with clean UIs — not so much color and not so much option clutter — and this app is exemplary. I adore that icons have the words underneath. I am not visual — I would much rather READ the option than use hieroglyphics. Due to the complexity of most of the note apps (it is about time, not smarts; think of the new car interfaces!), I usually ended up using Apple notes, but that scores poorly in capability. I also use Evernote, but I use it as a notebook. I needed the notes app that is the scrap of paper, the pad by the phone, not a notebook. I have tried many - probably close to all - note apps. I am giving it 5 stars even though it merits 4½ because that isn’t an option and it is better than 4! That last star is reserved for 1. optimization for iPhone 6(+) (the top icons are blurry) and 2. something to sync it to on my Mac: Notes, Evernote, its own version, something.
Well done, works like it says
I use this program as a journal and it has given me what I wanted. I use to have two journals, one on my ipad and one on my iphone. I like to look at past entries and sometimes it was difficult to remember which one I wrote which entry on. This one give me the ability to allow the two programs to send data to each other so now no matter which journal I write my information in, both the ipad and iphone have the same information. Very nice!!
Why is this app performing so poorly now with the Dropbox app? This is one of my favorite apps but it has stopped functioning with drop box and I can't get any response from the developers. Have they abandoned the app working with Drop Box? Are you still linked to Dropbox? This is the prompt response I received from Drop Box: "Dropbox offers APIs that application developers can use to incorporate Dropbox functionality within the app. These APIs must be implemented and maintained by the developer of the application in question." So where are you developer?
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Dec 28, 2014
- Version: 2.87
- Size: 6.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Neil Thomas
- © Neil Thomas
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.