iDo Notepad Pro (Journal/Diary)
By Neil Thomas
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iDo Notepad Pro is a simple to use notepad diary/journal app. Easily create notes, loads of different fonts, folders, alerts, unique recycle bin, Rich text editing plus lots more -
* Supports iCloud syncing and backup.
* Style Manager. you can select text and change its style - Bold, Italic, Underline, Strike-thru, font type, font size, Shadow, background and foreground colours, no more single style for your notes, make then look great. (iOS 6+ Required)
* Attach photos to notes, view and add captions + post to Facebook (iOS6+ Required)
* Post your notes to Facebook or Twitter (iOS 6+ Required)
* Send notes via SMS/iMessage.
* Folders, you can now create folders to store your notes in to make it easier to manage all your notes.
* Upload/Download files from Dropbox.
* Full screen mode gives you more space to edit your notes.
* Printing - Print your note to a compatible ePrint HP printer.
* Multi Tasking Enabled.
* EMOJI Keyboard Supported.
* Receive and export files between iDo Notepad Pro and other enabled applications
* Import and View PDF and office files (read only)
* Drag and Drop - move files and folders around the folder structure by dragging and dropping the note in the notes lists.
* Alerts - Alerts allow you to set a notification for you note at any given date and time so you get alerted even if the app is not running.
* Alert Manager - Keep track of all you passed and present alerts.
* Files and Folder locking - Lock files so that a password is required to view/delete the note/folder.
* Recycle Bin - When deleting notes they will automatically moved to the recycle bin allowing them to be restored if deleted in error.
* Password security stops people looking at your notes.
* Password Reminder - Option to add a password reminder in settings to help you if you forget your password.
* Touch ID for quickly signing in.
* Supports Text Expander
* Tab button displayed when typing notes.
* Sorting in Notes Lists, sort by Note Name (Ascending and descending) and Note Creating date (Ascending and descending)
* Simple to use calendar allows you to select different dates for your notes.
* Selection of built in icons allow you to identify different notes.
* Easily import icons/images from your photos library to help identify different notes.
* Record voice notes.
* Select 3 different recording levels to save on storage space.
* Easily email your note/voice note to anyone.
* Simple search bar allows you to search all your note titles and full search the body of your notes.
* Ability to group notes by type.
* All notes can have a different priority and can also be searched by this.
* Auto save feature.
* Each Note records the location of where the note was first created and displays this on the stats page using maps.
* Option to disable localisation in settings if required.
* Stats page reports shows when the note was created, last updated, Word and letter counts, font type used, font size, note priority and details about the voice note recorded (length, size, etc).
* View the creation location of your note, see the Longitude and Latitude coordinates, select between Standard, Satellite or Hybrid map.
* Watermark images can be enabled or disabled.
* Calendar day can now start on Sunday or Monday.
* Music Player - Very basic music player added to help select music without exiting/Task Switching our of the app.
If you have any ideas, enhancements, comments or problems please email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do my best to help you, please don't leave questions in the reviews as we can't reply to these.
Thanks for taking the time to look at the app.
What's New in Version 2.88
* Touch ID Added (If Available) to sign into the App and to use for unlocking folders/notes etc. (Requires iOS 8+)
* Fixed issue where note title was not showing when emailing on iPhones.
* Fixed issue where Copy/Cut/Paste could cause the app to crash.
* Fixed issue where photos sometimes would not show.
* Fixed Various other small issues.
Meh, still after years and years
Notewhatever, diary, journal, is slightly misleading for me. My notes are interactive. I've had this app for many many years. I have never used it. I've tried many times, as I paid a lot for an app $7. I have never understood the 5 Star ratings it always gets. Sincere inquiry, what amazing things have people been doing with it? Non-navigable, file list only, journal entries without embedded photos? Not sure if there is geo-location for entries. What's all the formatting for? Maybe to export to other apps to email, PDF, print?
Update: I just read the latest features list - I am intrigued and may try again. If I can think of a document worth spending the time to create to do something beyond enjoy looking at it.
Notes? Absolutely not for me. There still are no clickable links for web sites, dates, locations, contact info, etc. I've been requesting that (live links) since ~ 2011, no iCloud sync.
It would be nice if you could add a feature that allows us to put images inside the journal instead. It may seem big and can be annoying but instead of the image being displayed there would be a image icon that you can tap so it could view the image. Once done viewing the image just tap a minimize button to hide the image and turn it into the icon again. It would b very helpful if you did. Other than that the app is very useful in many ways.
It fits my needs exactly as I wanted. I used free version for two years before purchasing full version. It was well worth the cost.
Anytime I feel the need to write a thought something, I can take out my phone and scribble it down on this app. I have no concern that someone will dig through my phone and find these notes thanks to the password protection feature.
I exported all my notes to my Dropbox before changing phone services, and can re-download them from my new phone. The online backup feature saved me over 300 notes before changing phones. It was well worth the small price, and I am extremely happy I purchased it!
If you have notes you'd like to backup or hide behind a passwords, I highly recommend this app.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Sep 16, 2015
- Version: 2.88
- Size: 9.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Neil Thomas
- © Neil Thomas
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.