By DenVog, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Index Card is a corkboard writing app that makes it easy to capture, organize, and compile your ideas. Whether you are an author, screenwriter, or academic researcher, Index Card can help you become a more efficient, organized writer. Download Index Card and discover why thousands of iPad owners are already using it.
-- "I love your program!!!! Great for screenwriting." -
Jesse Alexander, Emmy-winning Co-Executive Producer, LOST
-- "A fabulous app that helps me create and organize my business keynote speeches." -
Micah Solomon, #1 Bestselling Author
-- "Love your app. I am using it now to structure my new feature script." -
Måns Mårlind, Writer / Director, Underworld Awakening
Get Started Quickly
• Capture your ideas and store notes as they come to you
• Organize the flow of your project using a familiar corkboard interface
• Assign color labels to flag scenes, characters, or status
Flexible and Powerful
• Develop multiple separate projects
• Edit card title, synopsis, notes, text, color label and more...
• View in corkboard, outline, or column mode (great for breaking acts)
• Select background, font style, and font size to display
• Track card, word, and character counts
• Enable the Long Text field for extended writing
Made for Touch
• Touch and drag a card to reorder
• Tap a card to open it for editing
• Swipe the editing screen to navigate through your project, one card at a time
• Scroll the card list to browse your entire project
Create and Edit Your Story
• Write and edit using the onscreen keyboard or an iPad compatible external keyboard
• Use the extended keyboard to quickly enter punctuation, symbols, and navigate text
• Index Card automatically saves your work as you make edits
• Changes are reflected every time you export
Share Your Work
• Export as RTF or Plain Text, readable by most word processors
• Share .indexcard files with other Index Card iPad or iPhone users
• Copy projects to Dropbox, or directly to your Mac or PC using iTunes File Sharing
• Email projects without leaving the app
• Sync with Scrivener Mac OS X writing app (card title, synopsis, long text, sort order)
• Present on an external HDMI display using your iPad 2 and the Apple Digital AV Adapter
• Print from your iPad using an AirPrint enable printer
• Best App for Index Card Writers - Best iPad Apps: The Guide for Discriminating Downloaders
• Index Card is “Superb” for Screenwriters - Cult of Mac
• Invaluable to writers. - AppStorm
I read all support mail, and respond to most messages within 24 hours.
• More info at: www.IndexCardApp.com
• Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/DenVog
Thanks for buying my app, and supporting an indie developer!
What's New in Version 3.5.1
* UI modernization
* Back Up All Projects
* Keys disappearing from onscreen keyboard hopefully addressed with build from latest SDK
* Restoring the Index Card app to a new device should no long lock out users that have set a password, but chose not to set Encrypt local backup in iTunes
* Printing via AirPrint within app should no longer crash
great for syncing with Scrivener
I was interested in buying this app so I could sync it with Scrivener, so I emailed the developer and asked him to explain exactly how Index Card worked with Scrivener. He responded quickly and pointed me to a tutorial video on Scrivener's own website. Great developer!
This app does exactly what I need it to do in order to work with my existing Scrivener projects. I able to sync back and forth through dropbox without any problems so far. The only things I wish were different were that the files stayed in their folders instead of synching all on the same level, and that the color codes I assigned a card somehow copied over, but those are things I can deal with. The title of a card, the synopsis, and the page itself (called long text in Index Card), is all copied over which is really all I need. (There's even an option where I can add notes in Index Cards that appear in Document Notes in Scrivener.) So happy I bought this app!
note: If you want to use this app with Scrivener, it should be noted that only a Collection (icon next to the binder) will sync, not the entire project. (But you can put whatever you want in the collection you sync over.)
I just used this app to help me write my comedy pilot. I love how you can have different colors for different acts and easily move all the cards around to change the order of scenes.
It really is an incredible app for creating and organizing narratives, films, and more. It sees constant use.
With the keyboard bug fixed and the UI updated, the app is even better. Still need syncing to phone, though.