By DenVog, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Index Card is a corkboard writing app that makes it easy to capture, organize, and compile your ideas. Whether you are an author, screenwriter, or academic researcher, Index Card can help you become a more efficient, organized writer. Download Index Card and discover why thousands of iPad owners are already using it.
-- "I love your program!!!! Great for screenwriting." -
Jesse Alexander, Emmy-winning Co-Executive Producer, LOST
-- "A fabulous app that helps me create and organize my business keynote speeches." -
Micah Solomon, #1 Bestselling Author
-- "Love your app. I am using it now to structure my new feature script." -
Måns Mårlind, Writer / Director, Underworld Awakening
Get Started Quickly
• Capture your ideas and store notes as they come to you
• Organize the flow of your project using a familiar corkboard interface
• Assign color labels to flag scenes, characters, or status
Flexible and Powerful
• Develop multiple separate projects
• Edit card title, synopsis, notes, text, color label and more...
• View in corkboard, outline, or column mode (great for breaking acts)
• Select background, font style, and font size to display
• Track card, word, and character counts
• Enable the Long Text field for extended writing
Made for Touch
• Touch and drag a card to reorder
• Tap a card to open it for editing
• Swipe the editing screen to navigate through your project, one card at a time
• Scroll the card list to browse your entire project
Create and Edit Your Story
• Write and edit using the onscreen keyboard or an iPad compatible external keyboard
• Use the extended keyboard to quickly enter punctuation, symbols, and navigate text
• Index Card automatically saves your work as you make edits
• Changes are reflected every time you export
Share Your Work
• Export as RTF or Plain Text, readable by most word processors
• Share .indexcard files with other Index Card iPad or iPhone users
• Copy projects to Dropbox, or directly to your Mac or PC using iTunes File Sharing
• Email projects without leaving the app
• Sync with Scrivener Mac OS X writing app (card title, synopsis, long text, sort order)
• Present on an external HDMI display using your iPad 2 and the Apple Digital AV Adapter
• Print from your iPad using an AirPrint enable printer
• Best App for Index Card Writers - Best iPad Apps: The Guide for Discriminating Downloaders
• Index Card is “Superb” for Screenwriters - Cult of Mac
• Invaluable to writers. - AppStorm
I read all support mail, and respond to most messages within 24 hours.
• More info at: www.IndexCardApp.com
• Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/DenVog
Thanks for buying my app, and supporting an indie developer!
What's New in Version 3.4.1
Updated Tell a Friend Tweet message.
I often feel like Goldilocks when reviewing apps. Some do way more than I want them to and become crammed full of things I don't need or want. Other apps don't have enough useful features to get done the task that I want to use it for. Every once in a while, along comes an app that is PERFECTION For my purpose and this is one of those rare apps. I write on multiple (and I do mean MULTIPLE) pads, papers, and notebooks as well as using a little voice recorder. It is how I have been collecting my thought for at least 15 years. There is no order or format to any of it other than each note s a piece of my novel. Using the Index Cards app, I have been able to dictate my notes so that they are all now in typed digital format and easily shuffled around and expanded upon. For example, the front of an Index Card may have a very general title and a few notes about that umbrella thought. Then, and I love this feature, I can flip the index card over with a single click and it magically becomes a yellow legal pad where I can flesh out the entire idea based on the umbrella title and original thoughts noted on the front of the card. It is simple to learn and use. It makes the writing process a lot more fun than without it!
I would give it a constellation of stars for a rating if I could!
Simple, Yet Sophisticated
This software is the perfect tool for any writer, whether you're working on scripts or books. No, it doesn't have all the in-depth character and plot development tools, but it allows for you to create index card "stacks" for those purposes. You just need to use your imagination a little.
One of its best features is the built-in project upload/download capability to and from Dropbox, which allows users to switch work between their iPads and iPhones. As of this review, there is no auto sync capabilities, but with a couple of clicks, you can upload and download to and from your devices.
This app also allows you to color-code and categorize index cards making your plot outline easy to manage. If you click on an index card, it opens another feature which resembles a yellow lined notepad for even more detailed descriptions. As of now, there is no image upload capability with this app. If there was, it would be the icing on the cake. Hopefully, that feature will show up soon.
I originally purchased this app to replace a manual cork board where I was arranging notecards for a novel that I'm writing. I was going to only use it for the main ideas and then write my story in Microsoft Word.
I'm still doing that and more. With the long notebook feature, I'm finding that I can do more than just keep a few notes. So far, I've been able to write my chapters entirely in this app. Of course I'm still using Word as my final output program, but I'm using this little gem of a program for the majority of the initial work.
If you use a manual notecard system of any kind, scrape it and get this app. Organizing and changing the flow of the story is as easy as moving the cards around. And, you can group multiple cards together as chapters if you want. I love this program, and is one of the few apps that I use on a daily basis.