Due — super fast reminders, reusable egg timers
By Phocus LLP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ever wished you could jot down a task and set up a reminder alert really, really fast? Yeah, we do too.
The beauty of Due lies in its simplicity. There's no account to create, no start or end date to set, no need to prioritize, tag nor categorize.
What there is however are what that matters: a note for your reminder and an alert that is set up in mere seconds.
◆ WATCH THE VIDEO ◆
◆ WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ◆
"… convenient, low-friction way to set short-term reminders and timers… Focused and thoughtful design" — John Gruber, daringfireball.net
"… passes the highest test I can imagine for an iPhone app: It's so smart, and so pretty, I can't imagine why Apple didn't bake something like it right in." — Bill Barol, boingboing.net
"… one of those missing pieces that should have come in the box when I got my brand new iPhone 4." — Adam Curry, The Big App Show
"Due is simply a must-have app…" — Victor Agreda, Jr, TUAW.com
"… quickly replaced Apple's built-in Clock App for simple time-based alarms, and even Calendar on occasion…" — Rene Ritchie, TiPb.com
"… super clean and super quick way to set up timed reminders for yourself…" — Gizmodo.com
◆ FEATURES ◆
‣ Super fast
Set up a reminder with alert up to 3x faster than the stock Calendar or Reminder app
‣ Get to the timings you need in a tap
Bring that file before leaving home in the morning? Return a call at lunch time? Zip through the time wheel and set due times by tapping on any of the 4 preset and customizable timings
‣ Reusable countdown, egg timers
Precise to the second, they are perfect for timing your soft-boiled eggs, coffee brewing and tea steeping. Set them up once and reuse them forever
‣ Keep track of outstanding tasks with Smart Badges
See at a glance how many tasks you have for the day, or only those you've ignored or missed, or turn off badging if you don't want any
‣ Never miss any reminders with auto snooze
Repeatedly notifies you of missed reminders until marked done or rescheduled
‣ Reschedule and defer reminders quickly
‣ Powerful recurring reminders
Vitamins before bed each night? Pay rent every 2 weeks on Monday? Submit a report on the last weekday of the month? Yup.
‣ Natural date and time parsing
Create reminders with due date filled in automatically by typing into the title directly eg. Wash the dishes in 30 mins, Leave for badminton at 3pm on Friday
‣ Track past reminders and quickly create new ones based on expired reminders within the Logbook
‣ Time Zone Shifting
Receive timely reminders no matter where you are in the world
‣ 12 great sounding alerts of varying lengths to choose from
‣ Universal app, looks and works great on both iPhone and iPad
‣ Keep reminders in sync* across your iPhone, iPad and Mac with iCloud or Dropbox
* Due must be launched for sync to take place. Sync on Mac requires Due for Mac (sold separately)
‣ Backup, email and restore databases
‣ Undo and redo
‣ Assignable alert sounds
Assign distinctive alert sound for each reminder; louder and longer ones for important reminders, and subtler ones for less critical reminders.
‣ Create reminders for your calendar events and todo items from compatible third-party apps such as Week Calendar or Listary and have Due send you right back to where you left off
‣ Reliable reminders that don't require any Internet connection
‣ Save 20% of your battery life compared with apps using Push notifications
‣ Accessible with full VoiceOver support and Large Text setting
‣ Fully localized for English, Deutsch, 日本語, Italiano, Nederlands, Español, Français, Polski, Русский, 한국어, العربية, Português brasileiro, Dansk, Svenska, Norsk (bokmål), 简体中文, 繁體中文
If you're keen to see Due in your language, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
◆ COMPATIBILITY ◆
Compatible with iPhone (3GS or later), iPad and iPod touch running iOS 6.1 or later.
◆ WE LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU ◆
Email email@example.com, or tap 'Feedback' from Settings. follow us on Twitter @dueapp
What's New in Version 1.9.9
Fixes crash in iOS 7 when searching on iPad after adding a new reminder (much thanks to Tom Hamp for reporting the issue)
There are occasional items that I absolutely must handle, and this app is terrific with its persistent alerts. It’s easy to use and modify, and I find it an essential companion to the built-in Reminders (which I use more for non-critical lists). The Apple-buit apps all have alarms that I dismiss and then promptly forget about. This App refuses to let me forget, which is exactly why I got it. Nice work!
I also have the Mac app, and while it claims to sync with the iOS app, my experience is that marking an item done on the Mac does not mark it done on the iOS app (and vice versa), and that got too annoying, so I’ve disabled the sync.
My life clock
I have been using this application since almost the moment it came out.
It is literally the only alarm/reminder I use on the iPhone.
I have an issue where I need to take medicines precisely on time every day, several times a day.
This is the application I use to keep me healthy, you can't have much higher price than that.
I recommend this app with five stars, it is dependable every day, never fails me.
I've tried to fill the "reminder app" spot on my phone in a dozen different ways. This app wins with an awesome URL scheme and fantastic quick snooze/reschedule options. It fits right into my workflow--actually, it sort of sits at the center of my workflow now. It may look pricey in comparison to other apps in the store, but it is well worth the price if you need the advanced features it offers.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 14, 2013
- Version: 1.9.9
- Size: 22.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Phocus LLP
- © 2013 Phocus LLP
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.