By Ambient Design Ltd.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The most advanced simulation of real paint on iOS! Get creative on a digital canvas with smearing, blending oils, delicate watercolor, and much more! Ever wanted to try painting your masterpiece but were put off by the mess and expense? Now you can!
ArtRage isn't just about color: It knows how much paint you've used so you can smear it around to spread it over the canvas. It knows how wet your paint is so you can blend it with other paints. It even knows about the roughness of your paper so your pencils can be used for soft shading.
It's not just a special effect either - ArtRage is a live simulation of the properties of real artistic media that lets you can get creative with colors and textures using tools you already know how to use!
ArtRage takes full advantage of the features of your device like larger canvases on iPad Pro, Apple Pencil support for pressure & tilt, and 3D touch on your iPhone.
Join the ArtRage community:
Real world painting tools: Oils, Watercolors, Paint Rollers, Pencils, Crayons and more. Each tool has a range of familiar properties such as how much thinner is applied to the paint, or how soft a pencil tip is. Tools apply texture as well as color, and blend under the brush.
Add Layers to your painting and work on individual elements without damaging others. ArtRage supports a wide range of Layer Blend Modes, and layer contents can be scaled moved and rotated independently.
Import images, converting them to oil for smearing or as Reference Images pinned to the canvas as a visual guide. Load photos as Tracing Images which are overlaid on the canvas, and have ArtRage select colors automatically as you paint.
The interface has been designed to maximize your creative space without hiding away critical functions such as tool and color selection. As you paint, it gets out of the way so that you don’t have to stop and manually adjust panels.
Record your paintings! The ArtRage Script system lets you record strokes while you paint for playback in desktop versions of the product at higher resolution.
Import and Export using external services such as Dropbox, and iCloud Drive. Share your images on Facebook, Twitter, and any other sharing app on your device.
• Oil Brush, Watercolor, Airbrush, Palette Knife, Paint Roller, Paint Tube, Inking Pen, Pencil, Marker Pen, Chalk, Crayon, Glitter Tube, Gloop Pen, Eraser, Flood Fill.
• Paint simulation monitors the physical properties of your paints to allow natural blending, smearing, and other real world behavior.
• Preset support to save your favorite settings for later use.
• Supports the Apple Pencil's Pressure and Tilt properties, and 3D Touch where available to add realism to the simulated paint strokes.
• Unlimited layers with Photoshop standard blend modes, visibility and opacity controls. Scale, rotate, and position layer contents independently.
• Record your paintings as Scripts then play them back in a desktop version of ArtRage.
• Unlimited Undo / Redo. Load photos as References or Tracing images. Store color samples for later use.
• Create paintings up to 2048 x 2048 or 4096 x 4096 on iPad Pro.
• Control the texture and color of the canvas to create different effects. Canvas presets can be stored to save your favorite settings for later.
• Export PTG, JPG or PNG to services such as Email, iOS11 Files, Adobe Creative Cloud, Dropbox, and more. Share images on Facebook or Twitter. Import photos to a new file or a layer, with camera support.
• Easy access pods provide functionality without getting in the way. Elements vanish as you paint so you can paint underneath. Multi-Touch shortcuts for canvas manipulation, Undo/Redo, and Brush Size.
• Adapts to suit iPhone layouts.
Stylus & Input Support:
• Apple Pencil Pressure & Tilt.
• Supports 3D Touch.
• Includes support for Wacom, Adonit, Adobe, and Pogo styluses.
What's New in Version 2.3.1
Just a quick update to address a hang on start that could happen if files were in the shared file space and the app thought it needed to do a first time reinstall. As always, if you find a problem please let us know via our support link or forums, we're always happy to help!
Version 2.3 includes a number of new features for iOS11 and improvements to file sharing across the board, including:
• iOS11 Files app support for ArtRage files.
•Drag / Drop Layer, Reference, and Tracing Image assignment from Files and other image applications that support drag.
•iOS level PTG file thumbnails and Quicklook support.
•Updated sharing system that allows import/export via any app or service on the device that supports file sharing, including iCloud Drive.
If you have any problems with these or any other features please let us know via our support page and we'd be happy to help!
Fixes & Tweaks:
• Fixed a problem that prevented export to Facebook, Twitter, and Dropbox.
• Added wait indicators for longer import operations.
• Added a Pressure slider to the ink pen.
• Adjusted the Tool Settings panel so that it can scroll on smaller devices.
• Fixed a bug that prevented the precise colour picker from functioning correctly when Tint/Tone mode was active.
• Fixed a bug that caused the screen to slide up when editing the size of paintings in landscape mode on devices that had a hardware keyboard attached.
Nice painting app, some UI quirks
The painting works nicely. 3D Touch allows varying width of lines. I like how I can doodle with a real pen, take a picture, and set it as a multiply layer and start coloring.
I have an iPhone 8 with big text setting, and the color picker got cut off a bit on the left. The “ArtRage” menu fills the screen completely, and the cancel button is obscured by the “preference” button.
Works Perfectly Now, Thanks
I have had issues with ArtRage not functioning properly on my devices in the past, both my iPhones and iPads. But, I have to say that the app works brilliantly now for me. And I just want to extend my sincere thanks and gratitude to the developers for all of the hard work, time and effort that they no doubt have put into making this app work so well.
Everything just works and functions so smoothly for me, the painting engine runs beautifully I think, the options for brushes and tools all work well, just everything in my opinion is perfect as I said. I can now add this app again to my daily programs that I use for painting. Which makes me so happy because I always adored ArtRage on my Mac desktop computers and now I can enjoy it close to the same on my mobile devices.
Though, if I'm being honest, I do wish that the mobile version had more tools similar to the desktop computer application. I know it's probably not easy at all to try and make them identical. But, I feel it's been a super long time since any new tools or brushes were added to these mobile versions of ArtRage.
I would absolutely love it and appreciate it if the developers would please add more brushes and tools to these mobile versions. I've been using the same brushes for so long and I really would love it if we could have some new ones please. And also I think it would be great if we could download presets, like official and user ones for that one tool like you can on the desktop version of ArtRage please. Thank you if you'll consider that and thanks again for making this app work so well and all of the hard work I'm sure you put into it and God bless.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 26, 2017
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 64.3 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Ambient Design Ltd.
- © 2011-2017 Ambient Design Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.