Paprika Recipe Manager - Get your recipes organized!
By Hindsight Labs LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Delightfully simple recipe management for everyone: from aspiring cooks to professional chefs. With web importing, grocery lists and meal planning, Paprika is the perfect kitchen companion. If you love to cook, Paprika will be most useful app you've ever downloaded!
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: the apps are sold separately, and the cloud sync service is free.)
• Create and modify your own recipes on any device.
• Automatically download recipes from hundreds of websites with a single tap.
• Integrated browser clipboard tools help you clip recipe information from any website.
• Smart recipe view: cross off ingredients when you're done with them, highlight your current step, and keep the screen on while you are cooking.
• Tools to help you cook: start multiple timers, pin active recipes to easily switch between them, and scale ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Timers are automatically detected in your directions: simply tap on one to start!
• Store nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it) and personalized notes for each recipe.
• Find your recipes in a flash with our powerful subcategory organization and advanced search tools which let you search by name, ingredient or source.
• Intelligent grocery list automatically combines your ingredients and sorts them by aisle.
• Use the pantry to keep track of what ingredients you already have.
• Save time and money by planning your meals by the week and month! Create reusable menus from your favorite meals.
• Print and email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans. Support for multiple recipe print sizes including index cards.
• Share recipes via AirDrop or email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export your meal plans to iCal and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Manual backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required to view your recipes.
• Paprika Cloud Sync. Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans seamlessly synced between all your devices!
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
"However, the Paprika Recipe Manager app for the iPad is all about managing your own recipes. And, it does this brilliantly." - Appadvice.com
"With Paprika, I can browse recipe sites to my heart’s content and download them with the touch of a button. This is simply magical." - Macgasm.net
"The bottom line is, if you cook often and need to sort through recipes quickly and efficiently (not to mention generate shopping lists on the fly), Paprika is a terrific app and well worth the price." - 148apps.com
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- By popular demand, we have added back the Most Recent and Top Rated categories.
- You can directly tap on uncategorized recipes to categorize from the main list again.
- Added an external setting that lets you take a backup when launching the app.
- Fixed a few state restoration related bugs.
- Fixed a few issues that could cause authentication errors during syncing.
Best Recipe Manager
This app is everything I wanted in a recipe manager, and even more. I have it on my Mac, iPad and iPhone. When I put in a recipe on one, it appears on the others immediately. The app is very, very good at downloading recipes from the Internet. At times, due to the way recipes are displayed on the internet, I need to help it a little. But the app makes it so easy to copy and paste the ingredients, directions, photo, etc, just takes a minute. This app is where I keep all the recipes I use, plus I put on recipes I want to try. I appreciate that the app did not come with a bunch of recipes I never asked for, making me search through them to get to the ones I actually use and want. It can even re-calculate the amount of ingredients if I double recipe. The app has it's own browser to download recipes too. It is clean, organized, just the best. I can also send recipes to others. Oh yes, and the meal planning is suburb. I love to look at the grocery store sale paper, plan my week, and I almost feel like I have "help" with meals all week long. This is one of my favorite apps on any of my devices!
HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE Update
WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?
I used to love this app. Have been using it for years - by far the best recipe app out there.
Now, It's a disaster.
- they reduced the real estate for the recipes by about 50%
- it is completely unnecessary to have the categories permanently displayed on the left of the screen. What you use most in this app are the recipes, that's where you want your real estate to be.
- even more unnecessary and annoying is the grey bar on the far left. It takes away MORE space from the app. It is insane to redesign an app by taking away space from what you need to see.
- The red header bar, which before blended nicely in and didn't visually distract from using the app is now one HUGE, BRIGHT RED EYSORE that distracts you from using the app. Plus, it is huge, so takes vertical space away.
All in all - a complete disaster. They took the market leader app and screwed it up so badly you won't want to use it anymore. I'm shopping around for an alternative. Never thought I'd say that.
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS APP, and if you already have it, DON'T UPDATE IT, but stay with your old, elegant, functional version.
Worth every penny and more!
I have used Paprika for a couple years now. It is by far the BEST meal planning recipe manager out there. And it just gets better! This little app makes my life so much easier to plan, shop for, and cook 3 meals a day for our "large" family. I love being able to create a weeks worth or more meals, and so simply creating a shopping list from that. Then importing the meals into my iCal for day to day planning. I also like to print out my plan so the kids can see it and get a jump start on helping with the prep. I have created my own categories for each day of the week to simplify my planning. There just isn't enough good I could say.... I love Paprika! If you invest a little time to set it up, it can change the way you look at the chore of meals.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Dec 05, 2013
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Hindsight Labs LLC
- © 2013 Hindsight Labs LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.