Paprika Recipe Manager - Get your recipes organized!
By Hindsight Labs LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Delightfully simple recipe management for everyone: from aspiring cooks to professional chefs. With web importing, grocery lists and meal planning, Paprika is the perfect kitchen companion. If you love to cook, Paprika will be most useful app you've ever downloaded!
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: the apps are sold separately, and the cloud sync service is free.)
• Create and modify your own recipes on any device.
• Automatically download recipes from hundreds of websites with a single tap.
• Integrated browser clipboard tools help you clip recipe information from any website.
• Smart recipe view: cross off ingredients when you're done with them, highlight your current step, and keep the screen on while you are cooking.
• Tools to help you cook: start multiple timers, pin active recipes to easily switch between them, and scale ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Timers are automatically detected in your directions: simply tap on one to start!
• Store nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it) and personalized notes for each recipe.
• Find your recipes in a flash with our powerful subcategory organization and advanced search tools which let you search by name, ingredient or source.
• Intelligent grocery list automatically combines your ingredients and sorts them by aisle.
• Use the pantry to keep track of what ingredients you already have.
• Save time and money by planning your meals by the week and month! Create reusable menus from your favorite meals.
• Print and email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans. Support for multiple recipe print sizes including index cards.
• Share recipes via AirDrop or email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export your meal plans to iCal and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Manual backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required to view your recipes.
• Paprika Cloud Sync. Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans seamlessly synced between all your devices!
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
"However, the Paprika Recipe Manager app for the iPad is all about managing your own recipes. And, it does this brilliantly." - Appadvice.com
"With Paprika, I can browse recipe sites to my heart’s content and download them with the touch of a button. This is simply magical." - Macgasm.net
"The bottom line is, if you cook often and need to sort through recipes quickly and efficiently (not to mention generate shopping lists on the fly), Paprika is a terrific app and well worth the price." - 148apps.com
What's New in Version 2.0.5
- Fixed a few crashes.
I use this more than any other app. It allows you to search for new recipes, enter your own recipes into the database, and send recipes effortlessly to others. There are great menu planning and pantry features that I don't even take advantage of. When making dinner, I just have my iPad on the island, and the recipe is so easy to read. The shopping list is my favorite part of the app - if you select a recipe, just hit the shopping cart, and after you deselect anything you already have, the items populate in your shopping list. Poof.
The only downfall is that you have to pay separately for the iPad app and the iPhone app, and it's a pricey app. The usefulness is worth it. When I'm at the store and there is a fresh ingredient on sale, I can quickly pull up the recipe so that I don't forget any items trying to go by memory. At potluck meals, if someone requests a recipe, I can email it from the app on the spot. The time I spent typing my recipes in was so worth it.
I've never left a review more than one sentence long - that shows how great this is!!! :)
I love this app! Much more user friendly than MacGourmet which, by the way, does not help a user on line or by phone! All of their responses are canned. Ugh. Paprika help was very useful. I don't mind having to pay for it on other devices because the sync is perfect!
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Apr 18, 2014
- Version: 2.0.5
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Hindsight Labs LLC
- © 2013 Hindsight Labs LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.