By Rivolu LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
LightTrac is a must have tool for all outdoor photographers. Quickly determine at what time and location the light conditions are perfect to shoot your subjects outdoors. The elevation and angle of Sun changes throughout the year depending on the location, date as well as the time of day. LightTrac calculates both the elevation and angle of Sun and Moon for any date & time, for any place on earth and plots it on top of a satellite map. Armed with this information and with an extremely easy to use interface, you can now plan your photo shoot even several months ahead of time and position yourself at the right spot at the right time for that perfect shot.
Whether you are a nature or landscape photographer, a real-estate or architecture photographer, a wedding or sports photographer you will simply love what LightTrac has to offer.
LightTrac is an invaluable not just useful to photographers, but also to architects, real-estate buyers, solar panel owners/installers, gardeners, travelers or for any outdoor person interested in knowing any info about the Sun or the Moon.
• Universal app works on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• Scout for new locations using a map for the perfect sunlight angle or for a backdrop with a rising/setting moon
• Find Angle and Elevation of Sun for any location and time
• Find Angle and Elevation of Moon for any location and time
• Find Sunrise, Sunset and Twilight times for any day
• Find Moonrise, Moonset and Moon Phase for any day
• View exact date and time when Full moon, New moon, First quarter and Last quarter occurs
• View elevation chart and azimuth chart for Sun and Moon
• View the length of shadow for any elevation at any time
• Integrated compass view on the iPad
• Search locations by address, city or zipcode
• Save multiple locations and switch between them easily
• Use address book to pick locations from your contact's addresses
• Share your saved locations easily with fellow photographers via email
• Easily export your locations to KML file to view on other apps
• Does automatic timezone detection
• Available in English, German, French
What others say about LightTrac ?
"LightTrac is phenomenal"
– Adorama TV
"An amazing application. 5 stars out of 5"
"I rate things pretty hard but give this app a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars."
"A true blessing"
"Best money I've spent in a long time."
What's New in Version 2.5.3
Not just a photography app.
This is a great app for anyone who needs to know where the sun (or moon) will be at any given time. It is pricey though, so there should be better support. Better instructions for using the app on its homepage or even video tutorials are the least the developers should do. I upgraded to LightTrac from using the free SunCalc website and am glad I did!
Very useful for Landscape Photographers
I have been a large format photographer for almost 20 years and found this app to be very helpful in planning my photo shoots....it not only gives you information about the sun's position, but also moon info...and satellite shots so you can anticipate your day (or evening)
This App helps me with my planning. Many times I'm several miles away from my the area I want to shoot. This app helps me figure the best times to shoot. Works great when trying to determine the best day to photograph the moon especially when you want a certain composition.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Sep 15, 2016
- Version: 2.5.3
- Size: 19.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese
- Seller: Rivolu LLC
- © Rivolu LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.