BigMagnify Free - Zooming Magnifier and Mirror with Flashlight
By Dave Cheng
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Turn your iPhone/iPad into a state-of-the-art magnifying glass!
BigMagnify is the most advanced magnifying glass app available, offering cutting-edge features while being simple to use.
- Use the ENTIRE screen as a BIG magnifying glass (after in-app purchase, which removes the ads)
- Freeze the current image with a single tap (NEW: and share the magnified image)
- Auto-focus mode, locked-focus mode (NEW: manual focus mode - requires iOS 8+)
- NEW: Advanced image filters to improve visibility and readability - invert, sharpen and mono
- NEW: Image stabilization
- NEW: Tap-and-hold to focus
- NEW: Two-finger pinch gestures to zoom in and out
- Magnify at 1x, 2x, 4x and 8x zoom levels
- Adjustable iPhone flash/torch for viewing in low-light situations. NOTE: Continued use of this feature may dramatically decrease battery life.
- Use the front-facing camera so you can use BigMagnify as a magnified mirror
- iPad and iPhone 5 support!
- Show and hide the buttons with a simple tap
What's New in Version 3.0.7
Bug fixes and library updates
Two suggestions for a great app!
I've been using this app for a couple of years now. I have very low vision and use VoiceOver for everything. I noticed the feature buttons on the side or not identifiable through voice over. There is a line in the coding that let's you define what each button does. Right now when I touch any of the tools VoiceOver only says "button". That one is an easy fix.
The second suggestion is… Big magnify does not allow the iPad to go to sleep mode There's been many times I've set the iPad down and come back an hour later when it was still in Big magnify and the screen was still on.
Great app! I literally use it every day. Those are just a couple of suggestions I thought I would put out there. I cannot find any place to give suggestions or feedback other than this format.
Magnifier for tiny text or macro photos
This is a clever app that makes it easy to zoom in on small text, like you might find on electronic components. It's also handy to use in place of a jeweler's loupe. Only two issues to improve for 5*. First, I couldn't get the flashlight feature to work on my iPad mini 2. Second, the ad integration is a bit annoying. I don't mind ads so much but would rather have a system where I could decide when to play the ads (e.g. ad credits).
This app has some functionality that should be included with every camera(phone)
Has some other stuff that is pretty handy too.
Well thought out and presented. Very happy I bought it.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Dec 16, 2015
- Version: 3.0.7
- Size: 8.9 MB
- Languages: English, German, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: David Cheng
- © 2015 David Cheng
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$1.99