BookBuddy Pro - Book Library Manager
By Kimico, Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BookBuddy is a powerful book management application that gives you access to your entire book catalog, anywhere. Using BookBuddy is fun and easy, allowing you to quickly find any book in your library, share your favorite books, and keep track of borrowed and lent books.
* SLEEK & FUNCTIONAL: BookBuddy is cleanly designed and simple to use.
* HIGH PERFORMANCE: BookBuddy easily supports large book collections. Some of our users manage more than 10,000 books!
* ONE-STEP ADD: You can add books to your BookBuddy library by simply scanning the barcode or by searching Google Books.
* KEEP TRACK: Keep track of where your books are, which books you’ve borrowed, and to whom you’ve loaned books.
* PERSONALIZE: Create your own categories for organizing your books, maintain your own Wish List, mark your Favorites for instant access, and add personal notes about any given book.
* QUICK FIND: Instantly locate any book in your BookBuddy library by entering a search keyword or by scanning the book’s barcode.
* EASILY SHARE: Share your favorite books using Facebook, Twitter, and email. You can even export all or selected portions of your BookBuddy library in standard file formats for colleagues and friends to view on their computer or any other device.
* RELIABLE BACKUP: Keep your hard work safe by backing up your entire library to the cloud using Dropbox service. If you ever lose your iPhone you can restore your BookBuddy library on any iOS device, instantly!
* STAY IN SYNC: Import from other popular book catalog apps, such as Google Books, GoodReads, LibraryThing, Shelfari, and Anobii to ensure that your BookBuddy library is always up-to-date.
* AND MUCH MORE: Assign multiple tags to books, sort books by any field, arrange books in a series, manage each book’s reading status, easily print information about selected books to AirPrint-enabled printers, and much much more!
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
“Book collectors best friend”
“I love my BookBuddy app!! As a book collector I no longer worry about buying doubles. When friends borrow my books I know exactly where they are, and Within seconds I can tell exactly what I have and don't have. Makes my hobby so much more enjoyable!” (Nina G.)
“This is the BEST app to inventory your library. Fast, efficient, easy and FUN to use. I love it! Now no more buying duplicate books. I take my "library" everywhere I go on my iPhone! Awesome!” (Cheryl C.)
“Delivered as promised”
“Easy to use, easy to manage, but does precisely what you need, maintain a database of your personal book collection, loans and wanna-haves with sheer genius simplicity. Best app I ever bought!” (Arjen. P)
We love staying in touch with our users and we look forward to hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit: http://www.kimicoapps.com/support.html
Follow us on Facebook:
What's New in Version 7.5.2
- Twitter images are now with higher resolution
- Improved import performance
- Improved localization
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
- If you enjoy this update, please rate BookBuddy Pro on the App Store!
A Little More Work Is Needed
For the most part I found this app well thought through. The data fields are comprehensive and easy to populate.
I have a somewhat limited specialty library consisting of around 200+ volumes. My editions cover a span of about 70 years. Using the "search online" feature, I would guess that I ended up using pilfered data from Am....com in around 15% of my collection. NOTE: I used various different data searches, but the result was the same. But, I easily located the correct information and each volume only required about three minutes once I got rolling. For the first time, I was able to create as many categories as I wished! I made 16 for my small collection and locating a book is fast and easy.
The one enhancement that is badly needed in my opinion, is the ability to send a populated listing directly to the "wish list". In short, if you create a listing in either place you are not able to send them between the two. I ended up just creating a category titled "wish list" and sent those listings there. The only problem with that, is that when searching through your master inventory, those titles are now part of the mix! I added a notation to each "wish list" book in the "notes" field to distinguish from those I actually own!
The Dropbox backup feature works flawlessly and quickly. My books create a file of about 14mb and takes one minute to back-up anew. I already had need of it, when my toddler deleted the app while drumming on my pad! What a relief to have...and especially comforting that the backup is separate from my iOS backup through Dropbox. I re-loaded the app and the app automatically recognized my device and allowed for a quick one button restoration without any sign-in or passwords required. One less password in my life is much appreciated!
In a strange way, this app mentally gives license to buy many more volumes! I doubt I will ever have the formal mahogany paneled library of my dreams. But at least with BookBuddy+, I can use bookcases in every room of our home, and still keep track of location as well as tracking our sticky fingered guests that make use of my loan program!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 15, 2015
- Version: 7.5.2
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Kimico Ltd
- © 2010 Kimico Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.