Aralon: Sword and Shadow
By Crescent Moon Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
That which is done cannot be undone, but it can be avenged.
From the Creators of the award winning Ravensword: The Fallen King,The Elder Scrolls Artist Mark Jones, and
Developer Galoobeth Games, comes ARALON: SWORD AND SHADOW, an Epic 3d Role-Playing Adventure.
An iPhone 3d RPG inspired by that classic vein that focuses on a compelling story, a unique hero, and an open 3D world ready for exploration. Journey through the Kingdom of Aralon and unravel its mysteries.
- Cloud Save: Save your game progress and access it on multiple IOS devices
- Full Retina Display and iPad Support
- Over 30 hours of gameplay
- Gorgeous and dynamic 3d environments
- 3rd and First Person play modes
- Full Day/Night cycle and dynamic lighting effects
- Epic Soundtrack and realistic sound effects
- Customizable characters, including hairstyles, armor, and different faces
- 4 Character Classes
- Unique Skill Trees for each class
- 3 Playable Races: Humans, Elves, and Trolls
- A primary quest and multiple, optional side-quests
- Hundreds of items to acquire and wield
- Comprehensive Inventory System
- Battle various enemies that use different fighting tactics
- Faction system, herb gathering, crafting potions and
magical items, dual-wielding, lockpicking, pick-pocketing, and more
- Swimming, Fishing, Campfires
- 8 Different Mount Types, including horses, dragons, and more
- Fully animated 3d characters
- Pets and henchmen to help you in your quests
- Save system with 6 different save slots
follow @cm_games on Twitter for more great games and deals!
What's New in Version 5.1
-fix for button sizing on some devices
For RPG fans
In my opinion, there's only three fantasy RPGs on the App Store worth buying. This is one of them
Here's my selected list
1. Aralon (this game)- overall cliche but classic story and decent graphics (except for the people, their graphics are horrible) but as far as the scenery goes, it certainly is decent enough to enjoy. The gameplay is still just mashing buttons but is still surprisingly fun to play and watch. The creators even gave the option to pick 3 races to customize your character. For these reasons it goes as number one
2. Shadowsun- overall good story and decent character development. They even voice acted some of the script. However you can only appreciate this if you can get over the horribly outdated graphics. The gameplay is decent, not amazing, but not horrible either. This game qualifies number 2.
3. Ravensword: sword and shadow- surprisingly great graphics and gameplay, but poorly written story and unbalanced. First off, it's by far the shortest of the three, and the story lacked effort. And the best selling spoils of war is right near the beginning of the game, so now spend 15 minutes gaining items to sell and bingo, you just bought the best equipment you can buy. However what makes this game fun is the amazing graphics and gameplay, way better than the other two. It's hard to beat a game with those two features, but, in my opinion, the other two games did
If you love the elder scrolls series as much as I do, I can already tell you that this game will do little to disappoint. My only issue was the update I did to my phone which in return made the buttons super small. It's been a month since I've played this game so I haven't checked to see if that small issue was fixed. But back to the main game itself. For an iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc. game this game is amazing. I prefer to play in first person which gives it a TES kind of feel. The storyline, graphics, music, quests are all amazing. And here is a note to the developers: can you please at some extra content? It's a great game already but could you add more areas to explore, more guilds like maybe your version of the dark brotherhood? And if you could add a way to become a vampire or werewolf that'd be boss too. Just a thought. I'd love to see either a sequel or a iOS version of Oblivion but I doubt that'll happen anytime soon. Lol. :p but other than that, Epic job everyone :) P.S. Multiplayer and more skills plus a higher level cap and more races and features to choose from might not hurt :) sorry lol I'm an addict.
Not exceptional in any way
Yeah, it's an RPG for mobile, which is impressive, but once you look past that, it's hardly the cream of the crop. The graphics are crappy after the opening forest (the rest looks like it was created in the late 90s-early 00s), the fighting is all button-mashing, and it's either way too easy or way too hard at certain points. I found an axe with 110 power in a chest on the island on the lake in the first big area which cut down Gnolls like nobody's business, but the axe isn't enough as soon as you get to Callaheim. The controls will take a few hours to get used to; you can't see where you're running if you're used to normal RPG worldviewing and scrolling. For those of you looking for a good game to play (because that's how I found this one) I'll name a few others you can search up: Banner Saga, Infinity Blade I/II/III, Galaxy on Fire 2, Assassin's Creed: Pirates, Ravensword: Shadowlands (same devs as Aralon, but they did a better job on this one), and Wayward Souls. Those are all much more finely crafted than this app. I don't think it was worth the $5 price tag.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 03, 2014
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 334 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Crescent Moon Games LLC
- © CrescentMoonGames.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 Karma$1.99
- 350 Karma$5.99
- 600 Karma$9.99
- 1500 Karma$19.99
- 5000 Karma$59.99
- 10000 Karma$99.99