The most advanced vocabulary learning tool in the App Store!
6th Grade Vocabulary Prep was designed to improve vocabulary skills in the classroom and at home:
• Click to listen to a pronunciation of each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence
• Study hundreds of vocabulary words at your own pace with guided step-by-step learning
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 6th grade level
• Students can read through words and definitions as many times as they need for review
• Word and definition quizzes are used to reinforce learning, ensuring that students understand each word in a section before they continue
• When they're ready, students can take the test to move on to the next level (they'll need to get at least 90% correct to advance)
"Love this app, the words are a little more advanced than the younger grade levels."
"I'm learning English as second language and this is a great app. Gives word, definition, and part of speech. I really liked it. I learned pretty fast and it was easy to remember."
> No In-App Purchase required, all content is included!
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 6th Grade:
• Acquire grade-appropriate conversational, general academic, and domain-specific words
• Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 6 topic or subject area
• Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase
• Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
• Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
• Students can click each word, its meaning, and a sample sentence to listen to the audio as often as needed
• Students will be able to listen to each of the available answers in tests and quizzes before selecting their choice
• Students are congratulated on a job well done, or will hear the example sentence repeated as a reminder if they answer incorrectly
• Enter as many student names as you need
• Just like a set of flash cards, any word a student gets wrong on one of the practice quizzes is returned to the "back of the deck" and will be asked again to make sure the student can answer every word in that section correctly
• Email a student's specific test results or a recap of their full progress
• Password protected administrator section allows you to review student scores and track student improvement
Word list includes:
& hundreds more!
*With practice you can achieve your best scores!*
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to email@example.com
Peekaboo Studios is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 8-10
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary
All new design. Leave us a review, and let us know how you feel about it! Thanks so much for all your support!
Ratings and Reviews
Good app but needs an update
I downloaded this app because it had good reviews. I liked that this app was challenging. I did not like that that there were only 4 modes, and if I could change something about the app it would be to add more modes. I would compare this app to the other app I downloaded because the other app had the same things as the app I downloaded. But I would choose this app over the other app because the other app only had one mode as of this app had 4 modes.
My child's vocabulary is getting great! This will help her get ready for the SAT!
Upon review of missed words would like to see definition of words missed - either the incorrect word or the word that should have been the answer. Reinforcement of correct definition or answer should show up in review for aid in student remembering! Would be a big help! Thank you. Would probably give a five star at that point.
- Peekaboo Studios LLC
- 43.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Peekaboo Studios
- In-App Purchases
- Teacher Upgrade $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.