Friendly - One App for Facebook and Messenger
By Friendly App Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Friendly, you only need one app for all your Facebook, Messenger and Instagram needs.
- Save space on your device
- Preserve your battery
- Save Data Usage
- Easily switch between multiple accounts
- Order feed by Most Recent
- Configurable Ad Blocker (save bandwidth and block ads and trackers)
- Download Photos & Videos
- Repost Photos
- User TouchID or Passcode to Login
- Colorful Themes
- Adjust Font Size
NOTE: You cannot upload photos to Instagram using Friendly. This is unfortunately a limitation of Instagram, which does not let third-party app post pictures. We will add this feature as soon as this is made possible
GIVE FRIENDLY A TRY !
And don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything
CONTACT / HELP & FEEDBACK
Message us at: http://facebook.com/getFriendly
or by email at: help @ friendlyappstudio.com
- Facebook® and the Facebook logo are trademarks of Facebook Inc.
- Friendly is not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by Facebook
What's New in Version 6.2.2
NEW IN FRIENDLY 6.2.2
This release focuses on fixes and performance enhancements.
- FIXED : Infinite loop issue upon adding a new account.
- FIXED : Anoying flash on the account selector screen.
- FIXED : Issue with the feed auto-reloading too often.
- FIXED : Video player random crash.
NEW IN FRIENDLY 6.2.1
- FIXED : instability issues on iOS7 and iOS8 devices
- FIXED : various crashes on other iOS versions
- FIXED : night mode issues with some text when the current selected skin is "black"
NEW IN FRIENDLY 6.2
- NEW : Customize Night Mode Hours (7PM to 7AM by default)
- NEW : Setting to allow to use location changes as a trigger for notification check to improve reliability
- Fixed : Notifications not being marked as read on mobile
- Fixed : Messages notifications not being detected
- Fixed : Top bar buttons not displayed correctly
- Fixed : Posts from groups not showing in news feed
- Fixed : Issue with the message reply field partially hidden in some cases
- Fixed : Issue with status bar disappearing after playing a video in landscape
- Fixed : Issue with the adBlock indicator animation when loading a page
- Fixed : In some cases, the application would display a white screen after canceling login
- Fixed : The "manage accounts" bubble is now correctly dismissed
- Fixed : Color of the "manage accounts" button (bottom right)
- Fixed : "Download" button not responsive when viewing single post page
- Fixed : Ad Blocker not enabled on some external web sites
- Fixed : Progress bar color in night mode
- Fixed : Add account login screen
- News Feed loading speed improvements
If you enjoy Friendly, please take a minute to reward our efforts with a great rating
- it helps immensely!
I was really excited about this app since it condensed the Facebook and messenger app while taking less than half the space. But... there's just too much wrong with it.
The app itself is incredibly clumsy, and you only get better at using it by working around the weird problems (trying to refresh your messages or notifications just refreshes your newsfeed and forces you back to it) and the horrendous lag.
Typing frequently locks up my app for a half second every now and again, which wouldn't be much of an issue if it didn't happen every couple minutes. You can't tag friends in the text of new statuses you make, only as them being "with" you. In order to tag friends in anything else, you have to go to a different screen as a work around, and accidentally going back to the previous page erases everything. Attempting to load more of your dashboard frequently locks up the app, even crashing it sometimes. Opening external pages takes forever, and you've got to cross your fingers on if they'll load correctly or not. Just straight up forget about the possibility of looking at external pages with gifs.
All in all, incredibly disappointing. I'll be dropping the app until more updates come around.
Great App, but..
*update - can't even post a picture from the FB side now. Very slow at loading feed. App definitely needs an update..
Really great app for integrating your FB and Insta accounts. I purchased the ad free version and am really liking it. However, the FB side is much smoother than the inatagram side. I'm having issues with Instagram posts being all over the place.. example, I see a 1 week old post at the top, while I have other posts within the hour posted at the bottom. The UI can slow down too on the Instagram side when you auto hide the task bar. I'm hoping the next update can fix these issues!
Also, I'd rather have a better icon for this app. Maybe something that matches the minimalistic theme of the iPhone, or something a little more flat?
Edit** I've used for about 24 hours now and have ran into a few issues.. first, FB notifications do not come through (even after turning on the background option). I don't see any Instagram notifications as well. I'm also unable to go beyond 10/15 images on my Instagram account.(maybe two clicks?) it says "load more", I click, and the same images appear. Really hoping the next update will fix this!
An option to turn off comments
In the main feed would be great.
Your app has many great features, and in many ways is better than the FB app. But the one feature that makes me apprehensive is this "recent comments" for groups. I follow a lot of groups. The problem is now my main feed is just a giant comment section, so cluttered the actual posts are hard to find. It's totally inconvenient and quite frankly annoying. So how about an option to turn off recent comments for groups? It's pretty simple really: if I wanted to see the comments, I'd click on the comment button, not have my feed entirely cluttered with them. Until you fix this, it's back to the official FB app sadly. :(
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 08, 2017
- Version: 6.2.2
- Size: 58.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Friendly App Studio LLC
- © 2016 Friendly App Studio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- AdBlock - Remove all ads, forever$1.99