The Washington Post for iPad
By The Washington Post
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Washington Post for iPad brings together trusted reporting, insightful analysis and immersive multimedia in a package that's optimized for your device. Explore a digital edition with up-to-the-minute reporting and commentary, a complete replica of our print edition, more than 40 comic strips, easy access to all of your favorite columnists plus Post TV — our hub for compelling news video.
Please enjoy complimentary content items each month. For more in-depth use, please purchase our monthly subscription for $14.99 – the first month is free!
*** Once installed, you will find this application in the Newsstand folder on the iPad home screen. The icon will appear like the image of your daily newspaper. ***
What's New in Version 2.4.2
What's new for 2.4.2
* Increased Accessibility
* Faster MyPost
* Fixed a crash in comics
* Bug fixes
A faster app that's easier to read — that was our goal for this upgrade. We've switched from HTML5 to iOS's native framework, and we hope you'll like the results:
* Faster-loading articles and galleries
* Consistent scrolling experience across all articles and blogs — No more swiping to page 2 of an article!
* Better support for inline media — You can play a YouTube video or reply to a tweet, all in a native experience
* Improved app stability — Fewer crashes, especially on iOS5 and iOS6
* More reliable offline reading capabilities
* Crisp retina-optimized images, including in galleries
* Smaller storage footprint for the app
Horrible and frustrating
This app to read the Washington Post is terrible.
I am a 7 day print subscriber and trying to read the paper on my iPad is a terrible experience. It often crashes, or just does not refresh with new content. I enjoy reading the comics, some of which are only available online, and this newest update to the app won't even refresh the comics.
I have opened up support tickets to document issues I have had and the only response I get is an automated 'thank you for reporting' no follow up or resolution.
0 (zero) stars IMHO
not very impressive
As previously mentioned, comics definitely need to refresh- that seems to have gone away in the last update. The app just switched to the native iOS platform, so naturally the UI needs some tweaking to improve functionality and create a smoother user experience.
I HATE the full screen advertisements. The advertisements at the bottom of the screen are bad enough, but the full screen advertisements are unacceptable.
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 18, 2014
- Version: 2.4.2
- Size: 46.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Washington Post Company
- © Washington Post, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Washington Post$14.99