eWeather HD - Weather forecast Premium
By Elecont LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to eWeather HD. Intuitive, comprehensive, and visually stunning iPhone and iPad weather app helps you prepare for the latest conditions with hourly, daily, and 10-day forecasts. eWeather HD provides all the weather info you need in one place, easily customized to track conditions for the places you care about. Get live temperature on your home screen, check high-resolution radar and view historical details so you’re always aware of weather on the way.
▸ Has everything you need, in an easy-to-read and easy-to-find layout.
- AppPicker.com: The best iPhone apps for weather, April 2014.
√ All-in-one weather app that can protect you and your family from severe weather
√ Can alert you to potentially life threatening weather (tornado, hurricane, flood, thunderstorm and etc.) via audible push notifications directly to your device even if your not currently using the app and your device is asleep and locked
√ Provides weather forecast for countries all over the world
√ Helps you to plan your outdoor activities with the amazing accuracy. Just take a look at the Weather Clocks and you’ll be secured against any weather surprises
√ Uses two weather providers (located in the U.S. and E.U.) to bring you precise hourly forecasts as well as a full 10-day forecast. Multi-provider system lets you choose the most accurate weather data for your location
√ Displays weather by using interactive multilayered map: current weather, doppler radar and severe-weather alerts, sea and beach water temperatures, data from NOAA buoys, satellite cloud cover imagery and earthquakes.
√ Uses latest technology to show you the current temperature right on your Home Screen
√ Alerts about weather that triggers Migraine Headaches. Now you always know the cause of headaches or migraines if it is linked with changes in the air pressure
√ Supports all iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod)
√ Displays weather forecast in Offline-mode (for travelers)
√ Ad-free. No limitations. No subscription fees. No hidden costs.
Additional features include:
• Two weather providers based in the U.S. and E.U
• Full-text, long-term 10-day weather forecast
• Precise 24-hourly forecasts
• Animated high-resolution radar (NOAA, U.S. only)
• Severe weather areas US (provided by NOAA), EU and Russia
• Realtime severe weather alerts
• Live temperature on icon badge
• NOAA Buoys/ Beach/ Sea surface temperature
• Local and worldwide earthquakes
• Current weather messages in Notification Center
• Animated satellite cloud cover U.S., E.U., Japan, Australia
• Space Weather Predictions: Geomagnetic activity
• World Clocks & World Weather
• Interactive weather maps
• Sharing via Twitter, Facebook or mail.
• 130,000 locations worldwide
• Unique clock-like interface
• Current weather including humidity, wind and pressure
• Sunrise / Sunset times
• Moon day/phase, Moonset and Moonrise times
• Feels like temperature
• Hourly precipitation
• Rainfall/Snow amounts (Foreca provider only)
• Barometric pressure and the temperature trend
• Hourly UV forecast
• Locations can be added by GPS, Zip Code, or by name
• Two visual solutions
• Five alert tones for notifications
• High-definition, animated doppler radar
• Full coverage for the entire U.S.
• Cyclones, Typhoons, Tropical Storms, Hurricanes
• Data provided by GOES, MTSAT and SEVIRI satellites
• Continental U.S., Europe, Japan, Australia and Indonesia
• Near realtime data from over 700 buoys scattered throughout North America, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Europe, and the Caribbean
Sea surface temperatures:
• Data provided by buoys and satellites (NOAA)
• Full coverage for the entire U.S.
• Push notifications
• E.U.: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, France, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Switzerland, UK and Russia
What's New in Version 3.0
Updated iOS 7 design
• We refreshed the overall look and feel of the app
• Share the weather on Twitter, Facebook or via eMail at any time, for any place. Whether you want to boast about the temperature, warn your friends about the severe weather alerts or simply provide an update.
• Take advantage of iOS 7 release
• Realtime ocean buoys: over 700 NOAA Buoys on the map with more than 10 parameters
Live negative temperatures on home screen
• Alternative way of displaying negative temps on iOS 7 home screen
• eWeather HD available in 37 languages.
A story about weather and this app.
When I was growing up—in the olden days—all I had to do to know about the weather was look out the window. It is easy to see the sky on the high plaines of central Montana. That was how I set my day, around the weather.
When I moved to Michigan, twenty-five years ago, I could not read the sky. I always carried my umbrella on the wrong day, and the humidity stopped me in my tracks. Thunder storms were way too close to the ground.
Now, I only think of Montana weather with nostalgia; I read the weather digitally. That is why I really like this app. I love it that I can also track the weather in Montana, where most of my family still lives.
This winter, I feel all the more snug in my house when those alerts pop up that tell me when the temperature "feels like" it is below zero. Or, there is a fog warning.
All that information—at my fingertips. At least I have this app to replace that step up to the window, and to cope with my sky blindness. It reads the sky for me while I negotiate the time-driven Michigan world.
Great! Best weather app I have.
This is my favorite weather app. Works great and the alerts it delivers for hazardous conditions are very much appreciated.
It has a very cool layout and provides a lot of information. Very customizable. Two sources of weather data are available and you can choose one or the other (or both) depending on your location. Very easy to see the upcoming 10 days via icons placed across the bottom of the screen, or the next 12 to 24 hours on a "weather clock" with customizable icons representing the forecast conditions. There is a graph showing the change in temperature or the barometric pressure over the last 24 hours (you can switch between them). I think the radar display is fine and works well. Very well done. A lot of information organized in a clear and concise way.
A Six Star App on a Five Star Scale
Other weather apps can only dream of being so good. Better display and more accurate than other weather apps (I've tried several), eWearher HD is the only intelligent choice.
Update: I've recommended this app to over 25 friends and colleagues. 24 of them can't believe they ever used anything else to get weather reports. The 25th person prefers to lick his finger and put it in the air to get the weather report. But he also believes in werewolves :)
Update to last update: if I was selling this app with a money back guarantee, no one would be asking for their money back. My friend I remarked about in the last update now uses this app and (unbelievably) has gotten others to download and use it, too! My hat's off to the developers for an extraordinary achievement. This app exceeds 5 stars.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 19, 2013
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 28.1 MB
- Languages: Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Mongolian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Elecont LLC
- ©2007-present Elecont Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.