Starfront: Collision™ FREE
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best real-time strategy is now at your fingertips! Starfront: Collision, the epitome of RTS gameplay with gorgeous HD graphics and a competitive 4-player multiplayer, finally hits the App Store!
Live your first battles as a commander for FREE. Then, if you’re ready to take up the challenge, unlock the full game through an in-app purchase.
** IMPORTANT: ONCE PURCHASED, THE GAME CAN BE DELETED AND REINSTALLED FREELY ON ANY COMPATIBLE DEVICE REGISTERED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.
** Confirm that your device is compatible. This game is only compatible with 3rd and 4th generations of iPod touch (16/32/64GB) devices along with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPad. Before downloading, please check the back of your device to make sure that it meets the system requirements **
Welcome to planet Sinistral, where rare Xenodium crystals are coveted by a human mining conglomerate called the Consortium. However, they are not the only ones after the rare mineral. The Myriad, an indigenous race of aliens, is addicted to Xenodium and will do everything they can to prevent the Consortium from plundering their resources. To add to the chaos, a sentient robot race called the Wardens is trying to turn the war in their favor. Whose side will you choose?
With Starfront: Collision, choose from 3 unique but balanced races and deploy your strategy for victory in this battle. Each faction can construct 8 different buildings and over 10 destructive units to build up their base and mount an unstoppable assault on adversaries. Once you’ve mastered the solo campaign, put your skills to the test in exciting multiplayer battles.
THE DEEPEST, MOST BALANCED RTS GAMEPLAY ON iPHONE
• At last, an RTS with intuitive touch controls that give you total control over your forces.
• Hone your strategy with three different factions - The Consortium, Wardens and Myriad - each with unique tech trees and tactics.
• Complete 20 missions and create your own battles thanks to Skirmish mode.
• Gather resources to build 24 different buildings and recruit 30 different units, including one mega-unit for each faction.
A DEEP AND POLISHED SCI-FI UNIVERSE
• Wage war across five gorgeous environments: ice, badlands, a jungle, an underground reactor and a destroyed alien city.
• Discover the deep and engaging story of a war for resources, told throughout the solo campaign.
• Gaze upon top-notch 3D-rendered environments, buildings and units.
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE 4-P MULTIPLAYER MODE
• Confront your friends in epic and challenging Local and Online Multiplayer battles.
• Choose between 5 multiplayer maps, each corresponding to one of the 5 environments in the game.
• Enjoy unlimited replayability thanks to Multiplayer mode.
• Connect to Gameloft LIVE! 2.0 and compete to rule the leaderboards.
Follow Gameloft on Twitter to get more info about this game and all our upcoming titles at http://twitter.com/gameloft or read our official blog at http://blog.gameloft.com/
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Minor bug fixes
I played Starcraft a few hours ago, and this game was too much of a step down to be enjoyable.
-Interface is unmanageable. Small touchscreens don't work for RTS. It feels like trying to play Halo, but with a Guitar Hero controller instead of the Xbox controller- it doesn't work. Hotkeys, constructions, and selecting/commanding units are all hard to use.
-Pathing is laughable. Units always walk in lines and bump into each other awkwardly. Due to Murphy's Law, the marine who is almost dead will be the only one with good pathing, and will reach the enemy five seconds ahead of everyone else.
-Game is obscenely slow, and consequently is even more boring than it would have been otherwise.
-I don't know if the strategy ever becomes deep, because the first 20 minute mission was too scared to let me have anything but marines. I promptly uninstalled.
You need a pause limit freaking people are messing around pausing the game every second so you can get mad and quit the game and you need to tweak alot on the online play ASAP
This is THE BEST RTS for iOS! The graphics are crisp and 3-D, it runs great on my iPod Touch 4th gen, something you can't take for granted these days due to the crazy improvements in graphics, the controls are easy, it's very simple to get your units into view, create and use groups, attack enemies, ect, ect. I actually like the AI on this game BETTER than StarCraft's AI, in StarFront, if you tap an area once, your men go there and will shoot enemies in the way till the enemies have been eliminated. In StarCraft I it's really a pain to get your men to do what you want them to do, you REALLY have to micro manage and focus on your one group, which takes your attention away from other things, with StarFront, it's a breeze. This may be a shameless knockoff of StarCraft, but I find this more enjoyable than StarCraft (the first one that is)! Great game Gameloft!
P.S Too everyone complaining about the In-App-Purchase thing, just delete the lite version, and BUY the full version app, and save yourself alot of confusion!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 16, 2011
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 715 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2010 Gameloft. All rights reserved. Gameloft and the Gameloft logo are trademarks of Gameloft in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- Starfront: Collision Full Version$4.99